Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334344 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2015, 10:05:13 pm »

"You have anything in here you'd be willing to part with? Or is it more of a barter system?"

Look for anything that stands out to me, preferably something like a needle or shiv.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2015, 12:24:26 am »

"Anyway, you are presumably waiting for food? What do they offer here?"

Look around for menus.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2015, 01:58:44 am »

Look around for menus.

"Steak, I hope. They do seem to be taking their time."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2015, 07:16:38 am »

"Well, we'd be grateful if you could do that then. I fear the rest of us should be moving on, though. It was an honor to visit your town, and quite pleasant to not be feasted upon on sight. Farewell, and best of luck to you and your people."

Leave Magilla in a good home, begin rounding up our group to get moving again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #334 on: July 07, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »

Wait for steak some more.
Eventually, the waitress comes out and sheepishly approaches you.

"We can't get the food cooking machine to work." She says, staring at her feet. "Can we do something else?"

"You have anything in here you'd be willing to part with? Or is it more of a barter system?"

Look for anything that stands out to me, preferably something like a needle or shiv.
"Trade or pay." The woman says, tapping her desk with one finger. She seems a lot more on the ball then the last guy.

As per weapons, the case that held the pistol also holds several other weapons, including a few knives of various kinds. There's one that kind of looks like a giant hypodermic needle; a circular metal pipe cut at an angle so as to make a sharp tip. Clearly a scavenged weapon made from reclaimed steel pipe, but the handle has been carefully wrapped in cloth and a scabbard or sling made of plastic and rubber bits sits beside it. Crude pictograms of warriors and odd animals have been scratched onto the metal.

Look around for menus.
There are a few menus on the table, all neatly laid out, but when you lift one up, it reveals a darker section of table under it, as though the menus have been sitting here for years, untouched.

"Well, we'd be grateful if you could do that then. I fear the rest of us should be moving on, though. It was an honor to visit your town, and quite pleasant to not be feasted upon on sight. Farewell, and best of luck to you and your people."

Leave Magilla in a good home, begin rounding up our group to get moving again.
You walk outside, leaving the town hall behind. It's gotten quite late and the sun, that distant flaming infant, is barely visible on the horizon. You're feeling somewhat tired and hungry, and your back hurts from driving for hours. You look around; you can see two of your companions over in the diner, but the third is hiding somewhere.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 07, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »

"You can't get the food cooking machine to work. Am I the only sentient being in this diner?" Hyenakles turns to the others. "I'm leaving, before their stupidity rubs off on me. Where'd you say that car was?"

Exit the diner angrily, hopefully find the car. Take my deer shank with me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 07, 2015, 08:09:44 pm »

"Follow me.

Thank you all for the flammable materials! May some of you help me carry them to my vehicle?"

Go over to the car, hopefully get some of the Hellborn to help me carry/cart my flammable stuff over to the jeep.
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 07, 2015, 08:11:33 pm »

"Well then, I may be back once I find something to trade. Unless you'd be interested in a broken needle I killed a Bone Thief with."

Back to the jeep if she isn't interested.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #338 on: July 07, 2015, 10:48:33 pm »

"Follow me.

Thank you all for the flammable materials! May some of you help me carry them to my vehicle?"

Go over to the car, hopefully get some of the Hellborn to help me carry/cart my flammable stuff over to the jeep.
"You can't get the food cooking machine to work. Am I the only sentient being in this diner?" Hyenakles turns to the others. "I'm leaving, before their stupidity rubs off on me. Where'd you say that car was?"

Exit the diner angrily, hopefully find the car. Take my deer shank with me.
You both return to the jeep, rolling the canister of flammable liquid over and then hefting it into the trunk. It takes a good bit of effort and time, but you manage to get it done just as the sun, if it can be called that, is setting. As you stand beside the jeep, panting and rubbing old grease and ashes from the barrel off your hands, you look out at the last shafts of light filtering through the forest. And you notice something. A distant sound; low and organic, like rushing water or crashing waves.

"Well then, I may be back once I find something to trade. Unless you'd be interested in a broken needle I killed a Bone Thief with."

Back to the jeep if she isn't interested.
"Has it got their blood on it still?" The woman asks, squinting at you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 07, 2015, 10:56:49 pm »

"Nope nope fuck that we're not going travelling tonight get inside now"

Run into the town hall
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 07, 2015, 11:10:43 pm »

"No, I had to clean it off. Driver was complaining about getting blood stains on the interior."

Stay in the shop, keep chatting.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #341 on: July 08, 2015, 09:51:04 am »

"Nope nope fuck that we're not going travelling tonight get inside now"

Run into the town hall
You sprint back into the town hall, where the mayor is looking at your former gorilla friend's arm. He seems rather surprised to see you back.

"No, I had to clean it off. Driver was complaining about getting blood stains on the interior."

Stay in the shop, keep chatting.

"Eh, no blood, no sale. Worthless without it. Nothing else to trade?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 08, 2015, 02:38:19 pm »

"Wizard instincts teach you to be cautious. What was that noise, would you know? Sounded like rushing water."

Question!
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 08, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »

Follow Xan into the town hall.

Hyenakles addresses the mayor. "Storm's brewing. Is there somewhere dry we can cower?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2015, 06:59:29 pm »

Head to the diner, see if they have actual food.

Inquire about the noises while I'm there.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 241