Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331401 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #435 on: July 29, 2015, 11:37:40 am »

Search for a fresh source of water.

((We still have some water in the trunk. Should be enough for one day for everyone. But tomorrow - that's when we gonna suffer.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 29, 2015, 04:23:57 pm »

"Right, no point in sticking around here wasting food and water. Let's go through the fog."

Obtain food out of my food sack and drink out of ... I dunno, whatever water we have.
Then forcefully indicate that we should go through the damn fog.

What did I see in there by the way? Just fogginess?

Share food around if requested.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:48:27 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 29, 2015, 06:44:16 pm »

"Agreed. Better the fog than the bone thieves. Hey, you mind sharing a bit of that food?"

Get water from water place. Get food from Xankarvo if he shares. Get ready to head out into the fog.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 29, 2015, 06:47:43 pm »

"...sure."
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 29, 2015, 08:46:00 pm »

((Previous action edited.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #440 on: July 30, 2015, 10:42:16 am »

This... sucks. That is dangerous. If others find out, they might kick me out. And if they do, I'll be stranded out here, without ability to sustain life in me. If they ask, I used this water for maintenance works on this jeep during the night.

See what is that flammable substance Xan claimed from the diner. If it's gasoline, drink some. Then get in the driver's seat and drive towards certain death in an indefinite while.
You open the container and sniff the contents. It smells sort of like diesel fuel, but a little less pungent. Kerosene maybe? You're not quite sure if it is edible to you.

"Right, no point in sticking around here wasting food and water. Let's go through the fog."

Obtain food out of my food sack and drink out of ... I dunno, whatever water we have.
Then forcefully indicate that we should go through the damn fog.

What did I see in there by the way? Just fogginess?

Share food around if requested.

Everyone else gets some food and water from xan's sack and the other containers of water in the back. This basically empties their supply of food, but there's still some water left.

John takes the wheel and guides the jeep slowly into the fog, driving forward at about the same speed as a brisk walk. He keeps his eyes glued to the few feet of road he can see and in a few minutes they emerge from the fog find themselves someplace entirely different.

It looks like a steppe of some sort; a rocky expanse of yellowish bristly grass and great standing boulders of wind smoothed black stone. To the north, straight ahead, is a great arc of light, something like a luminous rainbow stretching across the horizon. It's dull behind thick gray clouds, and there is a light drizzle coming down, tiny droplets of cold pale yellow liquid. Ahead, following the path of the hellway, is a range of high mountains, their summits lost in the clouds. There is no sound here, save for the whistling of gentle winds through the stones and fragile grass, and the only smell is that of dampness and wet earth.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #441 on: July 30, 2015, 10:52:18 am »

((If piecewise was very evil, he would have the fog turn into a cloud of gasoline, since Comrade touched it while passing through... Unless it's made out of some strange liquid not affected by his powers of transmutation or it's not dense enough for the effect to spread.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:29:58 am by Parisbre56 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2015, 11:26:46 am »

If piecewise was very evil, he would have the fog turn into a cloud of gasoline, since Comrade touched it while passing through... Unless it's made out of some strange liquid not affected by his powers of transmutation or it's not dense enough for the effect to spread.

((I do not think this fog is made of liquid particles, it is more of a border between realms made of inconceivable substance. Sort of. I think. And given my powers were nerfed to unstable, this could end real bad.))

If there is a road ahead, drive along. If there is no road, try to find some dry place where the party and the jeep can fit in.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2015, 11:30:26 am »

((Ah, it got changed? Didn't notice that for some reason.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2015, 11:36:15 am »

((Um, no. Don't think so. But if it did, that would be real bad.))
Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2015, 11:52:05 am »

((Um, no. Don't think so. But if it did, that would be real bad.))

((No, no, I meant your ability.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2015, 12:01:20 pm »

Keep an eye out for any of those pesky ghosts.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2015, 12:09:05 pm »

((PW rolls every time I use it. I guess making a character self-sustainable is also on "you'd-better-not-to" list. But I kinda got away with it. Well, I did the thing I wanted to exactly how I wanted it, once - rolled a 5. That is how I got into the current party.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:39:29 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2015, 02:43:06 pm »

"And you were all so damn worried about what might happen and now we've wasted food and drink. Fine, let's just keep going and see if there's any actual supplies along the way or if we're gonna starve or die of thirst. I know for certain I'm not trusting the yellow rain or whatever this is."

Collect some of the yellow rain in an empty container and try to determine what it is/does. Without drinking it myself - offer it around to other people if they wanna try it.

Also determine whether it's flammable.
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 30, 2015, 08:52:30 pm »

((PW rolls every time I use it. I guess making a character self-sustainable is also on "you'd-better-not-to" list. But I kinda got away with it. Well, I did the thing I wanted to exactly how I wanted it, once - rolled a 5. That is how I got into the current party.))

((I'm... actually think he didn't notice until you were in game, since you listed what is effectively a magic power in the *needs* section?
I think he just decided he wanted something incredibly dangerous to make you to roll for, instead of taking it away.

In before you roll up some Nuclear Fuel. :P ))
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 241