Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 329873 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #450 on: July 30, 2015, 09:38:30 pm »

"It wasn't a waste. I doubt any of us ate since we left the hotel yesterday."

Look around for landmarks. Like a hotel.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #451 on: July 31, 2015, 09:26:46 pm »

"And you were all so damn worried about what might happen and now we've wasted food and drink. Fine, let's just keep going and see if there's any actual supplies along the way or if we're gonna starve or die of thirst. I know for certain I'm not trusting the yellow rain or whatever this is."

Collect some of the yellow rain in an empty container and try to determine what it is/does. Without drinking it myself - offer it around to other people if they wanna try it.

Also determine whether it's flammable.

You collect some of the rain. It doesn't really smell like much, but it feels and looks oily.

You try lighting a bit of it and it burns weakly.

Keep an eye out for any of those pesky ghosts.
You see no bone thieves around for the moment.

"It wasn't a waste. I doubt any of us ate since we left the hotel yesterday."

Look around for landmarks. Like a hotel.

Well, beyond the largest boulder you can see or the mountain range you're heading into, there's not a whole lot visible right now.

If piecewise was very evil, he would have the fog turn into a cloud of gasoline, since Comrade touched it while passing through... Unless it's made out of some strange liquid not affected by his powers of transmutation or it's not dense enough for the effect to spread.

((I do not think this fog is made of liquid particles, it is more of a border between realms made of inconceivable substance. Sort of. I think. And given my powers were nerfed to unstable, this could end real bad.))

If there is a road ahead, drive along. If there is no road, try to find some dry place where the party and the jeep can fit in.

The road leads across the steppe and up into the foothills of the mountains. The foothills are great piles of cracked black stone, thinly coated in scraggly grass. There are things living here, among the scattered stones and in the small crags and hollows. They look birdlike with gray skin and wide, staring black eyes. Their bodies are almost monkey-like, but with 6 long, thin, primate arms and no legs. They skitter and hide whenever the jeep drives passed, but if you look in the rear view mirror, you can see them pop back up like prairie dogs and watch you go. The soft rolling boulder-pile hills eventually lead up into the jagged obsidian mountains. The road narrows and becomes increasingly treacherous, trace the ridges and valley edges. The valleys and the mountains seem strange. The mountains are each a singular thing, surrounded by massively deep and sheer valleys, like icebergs floating in a shadowy sea. You think you might see things down there, in those Stygian valleys, geometric shapes which might belie man made structures. But getting down there would be difficult.

The road eventually leads to a large, badly rusted and quite old looking metal bridge that spans the gap between two mountains, connecting the road up to where it continues on into the clouds.  As you look ahead, at the mountains, you realize that it's not that the mountain peaks are vanishing into the clouds, rather that the mountains end in abrupt plateaus at the cloud line.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 01, 2015, 12:36:38 am »

"So. Don't drink the rain, it's flammable. Bad things.
Any ideas for how we get down to the structures down below? Because I don't trust that those clouds aren't acidic or something."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 01, 2015, 02:07:55 am »

- Well, one way is, to leave the jeep and go down on foot. But I don't really want to do that yet. So we can probably cross that bridge and look for the road there. The bridge must lead somewhere anyway. However, I think we shouldn't go across it in jeep right away. Anyone up to go check if the bridge is stable?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 01, 2015, 02:08:25 am »

"Not it."
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 01, 2015, 02:09:08 am »

"Nope."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 01, 2015, 02:11:36 am »

*looking at Hyenakles*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:49:31 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 01, 2015, 04:39:52 pm »

And he should scout in in the most precarious way possible.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 01, 2015, 05:10:42 pm »

"Yeah, I'd rather stay in the car. Pull straws?"

Stay in the vehicle.

Scout out the bridge.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:47:34 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 01, 2015, 05:52:17 pm »

"...I have one working arm so I can't do stuff as well, I made the torch for us, and more importantly I'll set you all on fire if you fuck me over. So I'm not going for sure.
Who is it to be, then?"
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 01, 2015, 10:00:13 pm »

"My body is a ball. Climbing and narrow ledges aren't exactly my forte. Stabbing people who say otherwise is. I vote for the Hyena who jumped in without offering anything. Also because he's probably more nimble."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 02, 2015, 01:41:30 am »

- I'm driving the thing. I also happen to have some useful, if not vital, powers to keep us going. And a gun. So, Hyenakles, would you kindly get out and see if the bridge is good for crossing?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:56:41 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »

"Fine."

Action edited.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #463 on: August 03, 2015, 08:31:33 am »

"Yeah, I'd rather stay in the car. Pull straws?"

Stay in the vehicle.

Scout out the bridge.

The bridge is large truss bridge, a long square tube of metal beams arranged in alternating triangular patterns. It appears to have been painted black at once point but has long since been mostly eroded and bare metal is exposed. Theres a degree of rust, but everything seems mostly intact and there's no sign of bending or stressing as you walk across it. You look for any parts that look like they might be loose or weak and don't find any. Seems like it might be ok...then again, the weight of one hyena isn't the same as the weight of 4 men and a jeep.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 03, 2015, 09:13:12 am »

((I'll just skip to the part when Hyenakles returns with the intel.))

- I suggest we make it like this: we unload our remaining supplies - I believe that's not much - and Hyenakles, Tarmac and Xan cross the bridge on at a time, each carrying the part of our supplies. Lastly, I drive the jeep carefully across the bridge. How does that sound?

Drive the jeep across the bridge after everyone crosses it.

Also, PW, we have 4 players now, do we? Maybe give someone from the waitlist a shot at trying to join the party?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:31:47 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 241