Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330328 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #465 on: August 03, 2015, 04:25:16 pm »

Alright. See you on the other side.

Gather up whatever supplies I can carry, and my deer shank. Cross the bridge after Xankarvo and the other one, if possible. Be alert.

For either of the others, if they don't post:
Barge across first. If a troll crawls out from under the bridge, defend that helpful hyena guy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 03, 2015, 05:13:05 pm »

"This sounds agreeable."

For my part of the supplies, take as much of my flammable stuff as I can reasonably carry with my one functional arm.
Go second, that way I'm clear of any potential monsters waiting to nab someone but hopefully don't make the bridge fall.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 03, 2015, 09:40:33 pm »

"Works for me."

Grab my stuff and as much of the food supplies or other necessary supplies as I can comfortably carry without feeling burdened or cumbersome and still having a hand free for the big needle, then carefully go across the bridge, watching for threats.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:37:10 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 03, 2015, 09:59:56 pm »

((I think we ate all of the food))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens
« Reply #469 on: August 03, 2015, 11:45:11 pm »

Name: "Sandman" Sal
Soul: Sal was a soultrader. He had poor shmucks' souls sealed tight in little glass bottles and he sold them, traded them, or gambled them away. With the frequency and severety of the latter, it was a wonder to his buyers how he managed to stay in business. His trick? Well, the short answer is "that's how he got his nickname." The long answer isn't much longer than the first, but he doesn't tell it to too many people. Here's why: Instead of loitering around crime scenes and taking the souls of the recently departed, he loiters around bedrooms and kills people when they go to sleep. Now you know. If he wasn't dead himself, he'd kill you.
Incarnation: Surprisingly, he's reincarnated as his usual asshole self. One head, two eyes, two nostrils, one mouth full of 32 shining white teeth, capable of that 100 watt shit-eating grin. 2 legs, 2 smoke scarred lungs, and... 3 arms? Well, maybe he is a little different than usual. And that arm seems to manifest itself at the darnest of times too. Out of his chest, back, leg; there's no place it hasn't come from yet. Even the place Sal doesn't want to think about.
What You're good at: Boldfaced Lying. This thing is a must in his line of work, along with
Capturing Souls. Fun fact: It's his second-favorite hobby! Bet you didn't know that. Speaking of betting...
What you're bad at: Gambling. His first-favorite hobby! If it were only the other way around, he'd be a richer, happier man.
Your Hopes: The one thing he wants to do is get the hell out of hell. Ethics never stopped him before and they won't stop him now. All he wants is to get back to the world of money and do what he does best.
Your Fears: He's seen the looks on the faces of those suckers in bottles. And he doesn't give a damn. About them, anyway. What he cares about is himself and not spending the rest of eternity in a glorified mason jar. Oh, and he cares about money, but that doesn't go in this section, does it?
What you need to survive: Sal realized that down here, his interest in money has to do with more than just him being a greedy bastard. It has to do with him being a money-chomping, cash-devouring greedy bastard. And that sucks, because if he could find a way to take some demon cash with him to earth, he'd be a rich man. Well, at least in the circles of people that accepted that stuff. But since these days the money's on the plate instead of in his pocket, he'll have to find some other way to turn his misfortune into a fortune.
What's in your pockets: A snakeskin wallet with 3 days of "rations," keys to a car that he wishes he had right now, and half a pack of breath mints.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:23 am »

((Nice char you made there, Tomasque. It is kinda sad you are pretty low on waitlist. Although, party can get a character or two shorter if the bridge collapses.))

- Guys. I don't need your "who-goes-first" shenanigans right now. If someone goes down today, it will most likely be me and the jeep. So here's the order you go: Tarmac, as the lightest, and, presumably, capable of resistance - keep that spike I gave you close - goes first: he didn't do any scouting in a while, I believe, so once you made it across, take a good look around. Feel free to wander off for a while to do so, or wait for everyone to get to you first before you do. In the middle of your trio goes Xan, who is injured, and carries less supplies. Hyenakles, who scouted the bridge, goes last this time and looks if bridge got any worse after you three crossed it - shout back at me if it did. Please do that, guys. It will be last time I tell ya what to do today, I promise.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:34:14 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 04, 2015, 03:31:25 pm »

"You're lucky you make sense. If you ever tell me what to do again, I'll fill you full of holes and leave you for those lizard things.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 04, 2015, 05:44:46 pm »

*sigh*
- Let me get something straight. I don't trust you. Any of you. Not a single bit. I was forced by the circumstances, represented with that bone thief thing on the top of our car to put some trust in you, Tarmac, and give you this shank you are threatening to use on me, because our deal about this trip is beneficial to both sides, and I want to stick to it. Should we break it due to any quarreling between parties and part ways, I would hate to walk it on my own again, but while I have a chance to make it to the next place where I can eat and resupply, I'd wish you luck with doing so on your own. So let us keep it nice and friendly, fellas. I have no intention to order you around, that is not my thing. I just want us to get going.

And I left myself a nice nine-round self-loading ace in the hole just in case,
- a slight grin appears on John's face as that last thought bolts through his mind.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:48:18 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 04, 2015, 06:06:29 pm »

((I knew I put "dislike of authority" under Flaws for a reason. And Piecewise hasn't even had to do anything yet.  :P))

"I'm not going to use this thing on you. I've got plenty of needles that will work just as well. And despite you saying you won't order us around, that's exactly what you just fucking did! Let me reiterate. If you ever tell me what to do again, I will kill you. That's it. I don't like being told what to do, period. Especially not by some random shmuck. You want to make a suggestion? Fine. But don't ever try to boss me around."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 04, 2015, 06:28:27 pm »

((Well, that only adds to the !!fun!! of it, doesn't it?))

Did he just say needles? Implying needle stabbing? Oh, pleeeeaase.

- Ugh. Deal. I'll keep my suggestions, well, suggestive. You're right - I'm not your boss. Now, if you agree to do it, let's get to the other side, as we all agreed to do because it is reasonable thing to do, - John says last sentence slowly and respectfully, not to set off the powder keg, which is Tarmac when it comes to asking him to do something he doesn't really feel like doing, apparently, as he notices to himself.
Sigs

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 04, 2015, 06:38:52 pm »

"Fantastic. Let's get this show on the road then."

((Action edited.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #476 on: August 05, 2015, 10:32:39 am »

(we'll get another group of possible inductees soon)

With much care and foresight you each cross the bridge one at a time, carrying supplies from the jeep. It takes a couple trips but you manage to unload the vehicle and then go wait on the other side as John slowly drives it across. The bridge groans and shutters, and one of the supports even shifts and threatens to fall, but it remains intact and the jeep makes it across. Everyone reloads the vehicle and piles back in.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 05, 2015, 11:00:33 am »

- Whew. Now, that we are here, let's inquire what exactly is "here" that we came to. I'll just walk my legs, they are all tense after all that driving, and then we'll be going.

Get my gun from the bag and get a little water from our supply pile (no more than a third of that empty soda bottle we had). Walk a few meters away from the group. Try to turn it into gas again, preferably so that nobody except me would see the result. Take a look around, see where the road is heading.
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 05, 2015, 11:13:12 am »

Scan the horizon for signs of civilization.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 05, 2015, 03:11:19 pm »

This looks like fun. Note, the sheet is a WiP, I need to go to sleep now. :v

Name:

Soul: A 17th century English Nobleman, tragically mauled to death by a swarm of rabbits.

Incarnation: A 5 foot tall talking rabbit, wearing a monocle, cane, top hat and long coat tails. (No pants, of course, think Donald Duck.) He is bright white.

What You're good at: Beau is proficient at jumping high, wacking things over the head with his cane, and YELLING REALLY LOUDLY!

What you're bad at: He is an ATROCIOUS swimmer. If he falls into water and does not receive aid, he will drown.

Your Fears: WiP

Your Hopes: Destroy all carrots, everywhere. The vile, loathsome things are plotting, yes, plotting his demise! In the dark and in the hidden places, underground where children weep they creep and crawl and speak of what they'll do when they capture him AND HE WILL NOT STAND STILL FOR IT! He'll FIGHT! For GLORY, HONOUR, and JUSTICE!

What you need to survive: WiP

What's in your pockets: A stopwatch made of wood. Or platinum, if it's not considered a valuable resource in the infinite heavens. Maybe it's plastic? He can never seem to tell what the damn thing is made of.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 241