Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 327494 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #481 on: August 05, 2015, 04:00:55 pm »

Cast my gaze around for anything that looks edible and also look at what the car guy's doing with the water.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 06, 2015, 07:01:49 am »

-snip-

Yes, PERFECT!
Though white, rather than gray, and with a cane. xD (Though I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to start with a cane?)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:04:26 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 06, 2015, 10:48:13 am »

Though I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to start with a cane?

((I think this is an allowed starting equipment.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #484 on: August 06, 2015, 12:14:03 pm »

- Whew. Now, that we are here, let's inquire what exactly is "here" that we came to. I'll just walk my legs, they are all tense after all that driving, and then we'll be going.

Get my gun from the bag and get a little water from our supply pile (no more than a third of that empty soda bottle we had). Walk a few meters away from the group. Try to turn it into gas again, preferably so that nobody except me would see the result. Take a look around, see where the road is heading.
[1]
The water transforms into something, you're not sure what, and then immediately detonates.
[4]
The bottle bursts like a pipe bomb and showers you with glass fragments. You manage to cover yourself with your arms, but you still get pretty badly cut up on your forearms and hands.

"GAHH SON OF A BITCH!"

The sound of your yelling and the explosion echo through the mountains for what seems like several minutes.

Scan the horizon for signs of civilization.
You see nothing up here at this level, mostly because the road heads right into the cloud layer, which obscures anything more distant then a few feet. Down below, however, you can see more of those strange geometric structures.

Cast my gaze around for anything that looks edible and also look at what the car guy's doing with the water.
You search around the area for anything edible. The only thing you find is a very strange plant, a sort of weedy looking thing with perfectly translucent flesh. It's almost as though it's made of glass, though it clearly isn't. When you touch it, it seems very soft and fragile, as though it were made of sculpted sand and might collapse into a pile of dust at any moment.

You catch a glimpse of your driver almost blow his hands off some how.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 06, 2015, 12:16:30 pm »

"...was that our water?"

Xankarvo gives no fucks.
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 06, 2015, 01:20:02 pm »

Practice my stabbing of things by stabbing the air with the giant spike until we get this show on the road.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 06, 2015, 02:22:14 pm »

Hyenakles gets out of the car, grabbing his deer shank.

"Are we- are we out of food and water now?" He looks at John's stumps, and then pinches him on the arm. "Got some fat on there. You know, without hands... you're not much use to us anymore. Can't drive, you see.."

He licks his chops, and glances back at Xankarvo. "You hungry?"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:20:02 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 06, 2015, 02:25:46 pm »

- Damn bottle must've caught something that made fuel detonate while we were driving. Probably the rain-like stuff. And no, that wasn't all of our water, there was barely a couple of ounces there. And I don't know about driving yet, but I'm pretty sure I can pull that trigger.

John draws gun and hold Hyenakles at gunpoint.

Great. No shirt, no fuel, and my hands and nosebridge are fucked. I'll die here pretty soon here at this rate.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:09:23 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 06, 2015, 02:32:34 pm »

((I missed the word, almost. He almost blew his hands off.

PW- would you clarify? Just how operational are John's hands? Can he still use the gun?))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 06, 2015, 02:34:58 pm »

((Cut up pretty badly, as described in my part, calls for picture of bleeding all over the place, but retaining basic functions. Maybe I won't play piano anymore though  :'( I'd rather put bandages over my wounds than enter gunplay right now.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 02:37:37 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 06, 2015, 03:02:06 pm »

Hyenakles backs off slowly, his arms spread and his palms upturned. "Hey, man...." He smiles toothilly. "You make a fair point. I didn't know you had that gun. Guns are... useful. I was just suggesting that maybe..." He swallows. "Maybe someone else should drive.

You know what? Why don't- why don't I go catch us some food. I saw some birds on the way up."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 06, 2015, 03:07:10 pm »

- That's the spirit! That wouldn't be bad at all! Please do that! I'll handle myself and see if someone else really should drive.
John tucks gun in his belt as soon as Hyenakles stops talking.

If any shards are stuck in me, carefully remove them. Rip T-shirt into ribbons, apply them as bandages. Then see if I can steer the wheel and change shifts without worsening the injuries.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:56:54 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 06, 2015, 03:18:41 pm »

"On an unrelated note, this plant is fucking cool. Do we have a jar or something, because I want it."
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 06, 2015, 03:21:59 pm »

Slink off and hunt something. Preferably something small, not anything that will definitely kill me. Don't wander too far off; there's a chance that they're going to try to abandon me here.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 241