Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330984 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #645 on: August 20, 2015, 09:16:15 am »

- Yes, I see. Now you say they use boats and do not part with them easily. Maybe you know something about what goes as a value among them as well? Food? Gold? Fuel?

"You see, boats are precious because it's hard to find anything to build them with. You'd want something unusual and practical, methinks. I'd tell you what they eat, but to be honest I've never thought about it at particular length."

What do the natives eat?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 20, 2015, 09:21:23 am »

"You see, boats are precious because it's hard to find anything to build them with. You'd want something unusual and practical, methinks. I'd tell you what they eat, but to be honest I've never thought about it at particular length."

- Hm. Okay, I'll think about it. What also concerns me, is where do they sail in their boats? Is there a river down there, not just a lake?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 20, 2015, 10:14:47 am »

- Hm. Okay, I'll think about it. What also concerns me, is where do they sail in their boats? Is there a river down there, not just a lake?

"You know, I've never asked. I most assuredly will now that you asked me, of course. Speaking of, you had a quest, or so my new friend Hyenakles would have it. Is it a particular secret what that may be, or can I ask about it freely?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 20, 2015, 10:22:19 am »

- Well I'll tell you the same Xankarvo - the tall bald guy - said to Hyenakles. A couple of days ago, five men met at the motel near the Hellway 888 and decided to go find the first heaven and first God rather than just spend another life in new incarnation in a boring fashion. Since then, three of the men who made the pact met their end. Only Xankarvo and Tarmac - the yellow guy - are those who were at the motel that day. Hyenakles and I just happened to be along the road when they passed by, so we travelled with them. In fact Hyenakles has joined us last, chronologically.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #649 on: August 20, 2015, 10:49:55 am »

"Mr. Bird at your service, fine individuals," the vulture introduces himself, taking a bow, his red-and-yellow eyes possessing an enterprising look. "I and the other fellow have been staying here, largely on account of few other options, for quite some time, and your friend managed to intrigue us with tales of some sort of quest that you are undertaking."
He looks at the jeep.
"I also notice that you seem to have a motor vehicle in your possession - quite fascinating really. Haven't seen one of those in... however long it's been, actually."

- Nice to meet ya, I'm John. And this vehicle ain't going nowhere. We came up here in it, but it looks like we are going on foot from here, there is no road for it ahead of us, - he sighs - that was one good jeep.

Now, I believe Hyenakles here has mentioned there was some source of water down that road, and those other canine fellas who have a sort of an encampment there. Encampments typically have more than one road leading to them, so what I suggest now, is we go down there, get some water, the go right across their territory with our best poker faces on, and journey on.

Get my bag o'stuff, toss the map from glovebox into it too. Put that modified jerry can behind my back.

((I'll just assume that Hyenakles told us in a few sentences everything he has seen))
You grab your stuff, including the map.

Flamengo does a little spin, and then points at John.

"They call me Flamengo John, baby! It's very nice to meet you, mister hercules! I can already see that we're going to have lots of fun on this trip!"
They Call Me Cuban Pete, I'm The King Of The Rumba Beat

- Yes, I see. Now you say they use boats and do not part with them easily. Maybe you know something about what goes as a value among them as well? Food? Gold? Fuel?

What do the natives eat?
Mostly plant matter but they also sometimes hunt the strange monkey things that the group saw when driving up the mountain. They farm the plants that grow along the waterline. Omnivorous.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 20, 2015, 11:05:31 am »

"Sounds like a strange quest indeed. Oh, and I just remembered: the natives are omnivorous, subsisting on a diet of farmed local plants and mountainous monkey things. Not the best of menus, but I do get a bone or two out of it now and then, which is all I truly need to be perfectly honest."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 20, 2015, 11:34:00 am »

"Sounds like a strange quest indeed. Oh, and I just remembered: the natives are omnivorous, subsisting on a diet of farmed local plants and mountainous monkey things. Not the best of menus, but I do get a bone or two out of it now and then, which is all I truly need to be perfectly honest."

- Strange, that's right. But I'm here for the trip itself rather than for the end of it. And it is also good to know locals aren't active predators, - he turns to the others - wanna get moving, people?

Get going down the rocky road
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:38:44 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 20, 2015, 12:33:44 pm »

"Sure, why not. Beats standing around here for the rest of our afterlives." Tarmac states before popping the garbage bag back into his mouth.

Put garbage bag back in mouth. Follow other people who know which way we're going. Be extremely cautious of any stairs or shoddy paths.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 20, 2015, 12:46:02 pm »

"I do believe we've gathered all we can here, and more bodies never really were an objection to me so long as we can get some more food and water, considering we're almost out of the stuff. Let's go then, assuming we're totally ready."

Get going carefully along the path with the rest of the party. Be really goddamn careful or get someone to help me down or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 20, 2015, 12:52:46 pm »

If Corsair doesn't post, Haast wonders what is that fog over there and goes straight into it. You're welcome, waitlisters.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:01:10 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 20, 2015, 12:57:19 pm »

"Oh, I just need bones to sustain me. No expenditure of food or water!"

Fly after my fine friends back to where I was before, in a return much more satisfying than ever before.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #656 on: August 20, 2015, 02:28:39 pm »

- Strange, that's right. But I'm here for the trip itself rather than for the end of it. And it is also good to know locals aren't active predators, - he turns to the others - wanna get moving, people?

Get going down the rocky road
"Sure, why not. Beats standing around here for the rest of our afterlives." Tarmac states before popping the garbage bag back into his mouth.

Put garbage bag back in mouth. Follow other people who know which way we're going. Be extremely cautious of any stairs or shoddy paths.
"I do believe we've gathered all we can here, and more bodies never really were an objection to me so long as we can get some more food and water, considering we're almost out of the stuff. Let's go then, assuming we're totally ready."

Get going carefully along the path with the rest of the party. Be really goddamn careful or get someone to help me down or something.
"Oh, I just need bones to sustain me. No expenditure of food or water!"

Fly after my fine friends back to where I was before, in a return much more satisfying than ever before.

The group, which we'll assume includes everyone for now, heads back down the path. They get about halfway down when the reach a tight area in the crevice; one too thin for the spherical Tarmac to get through.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 20, 2015, 02:35:10 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 20, 2015, 02:38:46 pm »

See if the crevice gets wider several feet higher above our heads. We could give Tarmac a lift and let him pass the narrow place above our heads and then help him down.

((Added you there))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:40:38 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #659 on: August 20, 2015, 02:53:41 pm »

See if the crevice gets wider several feet higher above our heads. We could give Tarmac a lift and let him pass the narrow place above our heads and then help him down.

((Added you there))

It does get wider, but not by much. The crevice is about 20 feet deep and it looks like it's only wide enough for tarmac to pass through at about 15 feet or higher. Curse his girth!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 241