Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331154 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #900 on: September 09, 2015, 03:00:49 pm »

If it is possible to scoot over to where Hyenakles just yelled fast, do that. Otherwise, look around for better cover while I still have chance to get it.  You know, maybe there is some Frodo-hiding-from-Nazgul effectiveness level cover around.
...oops.

Stop screaming.
John scampers through the dark and tackles Hyenakles, squeezing his muzzle shut.

"I understand you have a racial bonus to cackling in the darkness, but this isn't the time."

Try to figure out if whatever it is is heading towards me.
Ooo that will be fun.
[6]
Clearly it's one of those failures that John was talking about earlier, here to wreak chaos and havok, hateful of the world it was born into and jealous of the perfection of everything except itself.

Hyenakles: continue screaming. Also, garnish self with salt and pepper and tuck a sprig of parsley behind my ear before assuming a seductive (and tasty!) pose on the hood of the jeep.

((Could you make him commit suicide with the gun he got from me, while you're at it? I'll empower this gun with blood. Lupine people told me that's how it works.))
Well...thats not really how it works.

Go read the description of it and the bullets again and you may get an idea.

begin waddling away from screamy mc'panics-a-lot if giant murder beasts come for me give them a hearty dose of flame breath
Why is my mental image of you just Gunter from Adventure time?

Check if the skeleton is still alive. You never know in the afterlife. At the very least check if it's got anything on it.

If that leads nowhere, try steering this thing as you would a horse. Utilize previous lifetime of contemptuously glancing at novelty coach drivers as inspiration.

You poke the skeleton with one wing. It's skull falls off. Yep, probably dead. Or at least in the sort of shape where you think you could take him in a fight.  You poke around. It's wearing some old clothing that has some stuff in it. A handful of bright silvery coins in a leather sack, a strange little golden statue or ornament that looks like a double ended hawk talon, and some of what look like smooth river rocks, but made of colored glass. Hmm.

You walk over to the  ropes  and grab one at random and give it a good yank with your beak. The beast makes a noise, a rumble you can feel reverberate through your feet, and starts to turn to the left.

"Bingo."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 09, 2015, 03:06:10 pm »

"Hmm. If it's jealous of perfection, better not show myself to it then."

Xankarvo's head almost visibly grows bigger as his ego grows slightly.

Continue cautiously hiding.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 09, 2015, 03:20:09 pm »

"Mmmf!" Hyanakles pushed John away.

"I, uh, I was trying to confuse the monster, keep it away from the car. Glad to see you had the good sense to follow me, though."

Play it cool Jesus no, on second thought don't roll for that.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 09, 2015, 03:28:37 pm »

((Oh great, now Harry gets all the loot AND a giant warbeast at his disposal. I do hope he still likes us a little.))

Take the gun from Hyenakles for safety reasons. Poke out fror just a moment to check the status before turning back and talking to him:

*in low voice*
- When I said you get my gun if something happens, I didn't want you to run the fuck away. I needed you to take control before I am back in action. Hiding under a rock isn't exactly how you perform that. Now we're dispersed.
Listen to me. If nothing happens in next few minutes, we make a run for it to the car. You toss everything you can in the back, I start it, you jump on and we get as far away as fuel lets us. Deal?

Spoiler: Gunter (click to show/hide)
((You know who Gunter really is, do you?))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:00:24 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 09, 2015, 03:30:09 pm »

((Have I angered you, oh Piecewise? For thou hast ignored my previous two actions. State my sins so I may repent!))

Hide. Try to hide together with the group already hididng, if I can find them

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 09, 2015, 03:37:41 pm »

Can I see anything out here? If not, just lead the beast in the most promising direction. If yes, lead it toward a stompable landmark. See if I can find my compatriots and somehow not stomp them in the process.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 09, 2015, 09:18:15 pm »

Am I hiding in the general area the beast is moving towards? If so, find a different hiding spot. If not, look around for the others from my hiding spot. Maybe taste the air with the giant tongue that is presumably inside my giant mouth.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 12, 2015, 01:35:26 am »

Keep waddling on if I find a good hiding spot then use it, flame breath for giant murder beasts as neccessary
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #908 on: September 15, 2015, 10:33:01 am »

"Hmm. If it's jealous of perfection, better not show myself to it then."

Xankarvo's head almost visibly grows bigger as his ego grows slightly.

Continue cautiously hiding.

How boring

"Mmmf!" Hyanakles pushed John away.

"I, uh, I was trying to confuse the monster, keep it away from the car. Glad to see you had the good sense to follow me, though."

Play it cool Jesus no, on second thought don't roll for that.
Ooohhh you kill joy

((Have I angered you, oh Piecewise? For thou hast ignored my previous two actions. State my sins so I may repent!))

Hide. Try to hide together with the group already hididng, if I can find them
I sometimes don't do posts for actions if the actions are essentially "Do nothing".

There's only so many ways I can say "And then pancaek did nothing" before we get repetitious.

Am I hiding in the general area the beast is moving towards? If so, find a different hiding spot. If not, look around for the others from my hiding spot. Maybe taste the air with the giant tongue that is presumably inside my giant mouth.
I wasn't sure, so I did a google search to see if pacman has a tongue. This is what I got.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What the hell.

In any case, you can't really tell if you're in the path of the thing (everything is shaking so who knows) but you think you can see John over there. His Pistol catches the dim light every now and again.

You taste the air. You don't really taste much of anything. Guess your sense of taste isn't very good.

Keep waddling on if I find a good hiding spot then use it, flame breath for giant murder beasts as neccessary
You waddle until you find the rock that John and the Hyena man are hiding behind. You squawk at them.

((Oh great, now Harry gets all the loot AND a giant warbeast at his disposal. I do hope he still likes us a little.))

Take the gun from Hyenakles for safety reasons. Poke out fror just a moment to check the status before turning back and talking to him:

*in low voice*
- When I said you get my gun if something happens, I didn't want you to run the fuck away. I needed you to take control before I am back in action. Hiding under a rock isn't exactly how you perform that. Now we're dispersed.
Listen to me. If nothing happens in next few minutes, we make a run for it to the car. You toss everything you can in the back, I start it, you jump on and we get as far away as fuel lets us. Deal?

Spoiler: Gunter (click to show/hide)
((You know who Gunter really is, do you?))
((I've heard, but I've not kept up on the show.)

You take your gun back and look out into the darkness. You can't really make anything out.

Can I see anything out here? If not, just lead the beast in the most promising direction. If yes, lead it toward a stompable landmark. See if I can find my compatriots and somehow not stomp them in the process.

[5]

You carefully lead the beast forward until you get near where your friends are and then call out to them.

"HELLO FELLOW HELLNAUTS! I HAVE FOUND AND COMMANDEERED THIS ANCIENT WAR BEAST FOR OUR CAUSE! COME! JOIN ME AND WE SHALL WANDER THIS WORLD AS KINGS UPON A FITTING STEED!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 15, 2015, 11:04:11 am »

((You took the fun out of the Shadows of the Colossus moment by being able to fly.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 15, 2015, 11:55:56 am »

- Mr. Bird? You marvellous bastard, you did WHAT?!? That is grand! Lead it over to the jeep, I'll turn the lights on and we'll look at what exactly scared the shit out of us - that thing you just hijacked.

If Mr. Bird agrees, do what I proposed.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 15, 2015, 12:10:30 pm »

"Righty ho, chap. It's something like an enormous gorilla-horse, I've noticed! Lots of weapons stuck into it, must have run into some right nasty chaps!"

Lead this beast over to the jeep in a semi-careful fashion so that the other hellnauts may behold its glory in sufficient lighting.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 15, 2015, 12:55:26 pm »

"That is amazing, mister bird!"

Do a little thank-you dance for mister bird. Once the beast is standing still near us, see if there is a handy way of climbing up on it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 15, 2015, 01:39:23 pm »

"Oh good we're not going to die.
I wonder why it was wandering around here if it had no controller or anything?"

Get out from under jeep, inspect creature.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 15, 2015, 01:41:03 pm »

"Oh good we're not going to die.
I wonder why it was wandering around here if it had no controller or anything?"

"It did! The bugger got killed, looks like!" Mr. Bird explains from on high. "Might want to build us a cabin at some point, lads, so something doesn't kill us up here as well!"
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 241