Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 327581 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #915 on: September 15, 2015, 01:54:42 pm »

"It did! The bugger got killed, looks like!" Mr. Bird explains from on high. "Might want to build us a cabin at some point, lads, so something doesn't kill us up here as well!"

- I'll look into that. Maybe I'll manage to dismantle the cage from the jeep and attach it to the creature. Hell, maybe I'll manage to attach seats as well somehow. But we'll just see to that later.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 15, 2015, 02:42:34 pm »

Return to jeep. Go grab the Engine Spirit.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 15, 2015, 03:14:01 pm »

Hyenakles emerges from hiding, disbelief painted on his speckled face.

"Well done, Mr. Bird. And here I thought you had jumped ship on us!

...Next time, though, tell us before you wander off to collect your giant steed."

Return to the car.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #918 on: September 15, 2015, 11:23:36 pm »

- Mr. Bird? You marvellous bastard, you did WHAT?!? That is grand! Lead it over to the jeep, I'll turn the lights on and we'll look at what exactly scared the shit out of us - that thing you just hijacked.

If Mr. Bird agrees, do what I proposed.
"Righty ho, chap. It's something like an enormous gorilla-horse, I've noticed! Lots of weapons stuck into it, must have run into some right nasty chaps!"

Lead this beast over to the jeep in a semi-careful fashion so that the other hellnauts may behold its glory in sufficient lighting.
"Oh good we're not going to die.
I wonder why it was wandering around here if it had no controller or anything?"

Get out from under jeep, inspect creature.

Mr.Bird carefully leads the beast into position and John hits the lights.

The beast is at least five stories tall, and the immediate impression it gives is that of an armored gorilla. It has the same heavy, oversized upper body and hunched, knuckle walking stance. But the face and head have a more mandrill like appearance, a longer muzzle with a very obvious and oversized fangs.  It has a line of seven orange eyes spaced evenly across its face, and a reptile like slit nose, but otherwise the face is smooth and featureless except for the bone structure underneath. The body is covered in thick black hair, except for the hands which are scaly and end in talons. Its armor is a mess; clearly at one point is was more then likely either fully armored or close to it, but much of it has fallen away. There are scattered lamellar metal plates, bindings of faded red fabric, snapped rope and cables on tightly clinging metal rings. The metal plates were once very ornate, you can see the fading, worn away paint and the engravings they still bear, but they've clearly been exposed to the elements for quite a while.  On it's shoulders and head is an entire platform system, metal and wood structure that appear to have their foundations sunk straight into the creature's flesh. There are structures up there, perched on those platforms, and even what look like banners, still flying on their poles.

The creature appears to be extremely injured. It's black fur glints with what look like the metal shafts of buried spears and arrows, And there are several huge golden metal steaks piercing straight through it. The stakes appear to have been driven through it's back, the points stick out through the chest and the parts rising from the creature's back are adorned with what look like emblems on their terminal end. Almost as though the stakes were ornamental or symbolic. Or perhaps simply ornate.  If there was an easy climbing route up to the top of the beast, it's gone now.

"That is amazing, mister bird!"

Do a little thank-you dance for mister bird. Once the beast is standing still near us, see if there is a handy way of climbing up on it.
You see no easy way up. The easiest would probably be to get the thing to lay down, but it's not gonna be able to do that with those gold spikes in it.

Return to jeep. Go grab the Engine Spirit.
You run back to the jeep and grab the Engine Spirit. You figure he might come in handy soon.

Hyenakles emerges from hiding, disbelief painted on his speckled face.

"Well done, Mr. Bird. And here I thought you had jumped ship on us!

...Next time, though, tell us before you wander off to collect your giant steed."

Return to the car.
You just walk back to the car.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 16, 2015, 03:28:09 am »

Examine the injuries on the beast: are they fresh or have they been there for a while? Also, compare engraving patterns on the remaining plating and the gun. Are they similar to each other or there is no similarity in patterns whatsoever?

- Alright, let us have this beast on standby at least until morning. Tomorrow, we will stay here, figuring out controls of this thing and collecting whatever we can find around this forest. At the very least, we'll set up some rain collection system to fuel jeep. Someone can go and try picking whatever seems edible, or hunting. Mr. Bird and I will stay here to work on that beast. How does that sound guys?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:41:27 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 16, 2015, 04:54:07 am »

If nothing else eventful is happening, go back to sleep in the jeep.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 16, 2015, 05:23:34 am »

Is the beast, er... parked? Or am I still stomping it around? Try my best to park it if not. And if yes, well, fly around it, look for any signs of impending doom such as festering wounds and the like. Does it have any blood, by the way?

Although do eat a few bones off the skeletal chap in the throne beforehand. Mustn't forget to stay one's hunger.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:25:31 am by Harry Baldman »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 16, 2015, 07:20:48 am »

waddle back to jeep, expressing annoyance at unnecessary disturbance of sleep to universe in general
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #923 on: September 16, 2015, 09:34:53 am »

Examine the injuries on the beast: are they fresh or have they been there for a while? Also, compare engraving patterns on the remaining plating and the gun. Are they similar to each other or there is no similarity in patterns whatsoever?

- Alright, let us have this beast on standby at least until morning. Tomorrow, we will stay here, figuring out controls of this thing and collecting whatever we can find around this forest. At the very least, we'll set up some rain collection system to fuel jeep. Someone can go and try picking whatever seems edible, or hunting. Mr. Bird and I will stay here to work on that beast. How does that sound guys?
The Injuries look old, there's no sign of bleeding and the flesh seems to have closed and scarred over the golden stakes.

The patterns are...hmm. They're somewhat similar but not so much as to be a dead give away of a connection. You would cautiously guess that they have some sort of connection.

If nothing else eventful is happening, go back to sleep in the jeep.
waddle back to jeep, expressing annoyance at unnecessary disturbance of sleep to universe in general
You shrug and go flop down in the jeep, taking one of the seats that everyone else has left open.

Is the beast, er... parked? Or am I still stomping it around? Try my best to park it if not. And if yes, well, fly around it, look for any signs of impending doom such as festering wounds and the like. Does it have any blood, by the way?

Although do eat a few bones off the skeletal chap in the throne beforehand. Mustn't forget to stay one's hunger.

You've managed to make it stop.

You fly around and look at the beastie. No open wounds as far as you can see, but there's some staining of the metal near the entrance points of the golden stakes, so it seems like it might have blood, or at least some kind of internal fluid.

You flap back to the lead platform and gobble up a few bones that are laying about. There are actually quite a few skeletons around here, of varying shape and size. There seems to be an entire building back on the lower shoulder platforms, and many of these corpses still have clothing and weapons on them.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 16, 2015, 09:49:43 am »

"My my my ... it's beautiful."

Check if it leaves footprints. We might want to see where it came from.

Check by walking behind it and looking at the ground, not via hazardous means.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 16, 2015, 10:36:21 am »

- What's the rattling up there, Mr. Bird? Anything up there on its back?
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 16, 2015, 10:42:21 am »

"Nothing much - skeletons, thrones, controls, buildings. You know, the usual things!"

Nab any shiny valuables, collect into pile as my silly companions form the monster climbing committee or whatever it is they intend to do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #927 on: September 16, 2015, 10:51:20 am »

"My my my ... it's beautiful."

Check if it leaves footprints. We might want to see where it came from.

Check by walking behind it and looking at the ground, not via hazardous means.

It leaves both foot and knuckle/talon marks.

"Nothing much - skeletons, thrones, controls, buildings. You know, the usual things!"

Nab any shiny valuables, collect into pile as my silly companions form the monster climbing committee or whatever it is they intend to do.
You stalk around the platforms. These appear to have been areas for archers and ranged fighters to fire down from. The buildings, what amount to low huts built into the center of the platforms, hold beds, armor, weapons and all manner of things. Food and water too, but both of those things have long gone bad or rotted to ash and dust in their pots. The gear of the bodies that lay outside is rusted and clearly weatherworn, but the stuff inside seems to be well preserved. The weapons are a strange mix; there are bows and arrows but rifles as well. Armor is a lamellar of metal plates or bone or some kind of ceramic. There are melee weapons too, mostly short blades and long spears. It would take a while and a lot of effort to carry all this down to them.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 16, 2015, 10:54:33 am »

- That is most interesting stuff. One more reason to find a way up for us non-avian fellas. But we'll see to it tomorrow, okay? I'm really sleepy right now that all the adrenaline is gone.

Turn the lights down. Get some sleep.

((On a side note, our empty containers are still open and presumably gathering something))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:55:08 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 16, 2015, 12:54:23 pm »

While the others sleepy-sleep, see if I can find some fine rope to lower down for my compatriots, or even better - a ladder!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 241