Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 327547 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #945 on: September 17, 2015, 01:25:36 pm »

Provide moral support as the others climb.

If this is for some reason not appreciated, continue looting the premises instead. Perhaps enlist Flamenco John to help, he seems like a right friendly chap.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:27:28 pm by Harry Baldman »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 17, 2015, 03:43:15 pm »

"We should be ok on food for a bit- I caught us some last night."

Offer around monkey carcass.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 17, 2015, 04:06:54 pm »

- There should be a pocket knife in my bag, feel free to use it for any food preparing activities involving this thing you caught. There is also lighter there, we could probably put up a campfire and roast the meat.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 17, 2015, 04:42:16 pm »

((The people on the thing are skeletons, it's likely been wandering for quite some time. Even with footprints as big as it's, you probably won't fine where it came from.))
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 18, 2015, 08:24:07 am »

((The people on the thing are skeletons, it's likely been wandering for quite some time. Even with footprints as big as it's, you probably won't fine where it came from.))
((I hope we will talk Xan out of this idea.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #950 on: September 18, 2015, 09:21:58 am »

Climb on if I haven't already, make sure to not climb up if someone is already on the rope though. Peruse the dead people for some fancy new clothes, maybe even a hat. Also take inventory of weapons and other useful stuff the dead have.

(You realize that every time you people take specific inventory of something you remove a source of quantum goodies. When you don't know specifically whats around, who knows what a good roll might find! Now, unfortunately, You collapsed the waveform)

You climb up and wander around, looking through the gear available. Everything outside is too degraded to be useful, which is a pain since some of it looked special. The stuff inside is all in good shape but is clearly mass produced for the soldiers. You find 15 gladius like short swords, complete with wooden scabbards decorated in red and gold, 22 metal shafted spears that really look more like giant needles then anything else, 9 full sets of clothing, including chest plate, helmet, gauntlets and shin guards as well as the underclothing, and a few scattered singular pieces. There are also three bows and a large box of arrows, plus 2 rifles and several small boxes of ammo. The Rifles appear to be single shot, high caliber and reload after each shot. They are fairly plain in appearance, no where near as ornate as John's pistol, but still flaunting that red and gold design.

Beyond that there's not a whole lot useful here, at least in terms of items you could theoretically take. There are beds, which look like they were for the injured, some basic  furniture, couple of cots, and some spare wood and nails sitting in one corner. There's some other stuff, cloth from banners and the like, but thats all more scavenge then goodies.

"Okay then. Where are we heading to? I say we go wherever this thing came from so we can restock on food. And maybe get an arm for me if they have prosthetics.
- Do you really want to go where the giant warbeast came from with numerous open stab wounds and lots of dead people on it? Anyway, lemme just try and climb on top - this thing is tall enough to get a good view from. I'll see the trail it left, most likely.

After Pancaek makes his way up, climb to the platforms on the beast using rope. Jerk it a little to see if it's secure, then go for it.
You climb up to the top as well.

Watch the others climb to see the best way to do it.
It's by climbing and not fucking it up.

Even you make it up, despite your rotundness.

Provide moral support as the others climb.

If this is for some reason not appreciated, continue looting the premises instead. Perhaps enlist Flamenco John to help, he seems like a right friendly chap.

Well, premises looted. Or at least the loot is tabulated.

Offer around monkey carcass.
There seem to be no takers.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 18, 2015, 10:21:09 am »

- Wow. That is the coolest mobile house I could've imagined. Now, grab onto something people. I'm gonna go see if those giant needles can be pulled out, the thing might react to it with wiggling.

Put on some sort of shirt, chest armor piece, shin guards and gauntlets. Then go over to the place spikes protrude from and try pulling it out.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:00:21 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 18, 2015, 10:29:26 am »

((Well shit))

Grab myself some new clothing: a full set of underclothing with gauntlets, also the chestpiece if it isn't too heavy to move freely in. Then grab a gladius with scabbard.

Grab one of the ammo boxes and look how many bullets are in there. Get a hold of something before John pulls out the spear

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 18, 2015, 10:33:39 am »

Get helped up onto the thing.

((Sorry I haven't been participating as much, I'm suffering Tiruin syndrome - my 'net's not cooperating with me.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 18, 2015, 11:01:02 am »

((Sorry I haven't been participating as much, I'm suffering Tiruin syndrome - my 'net's not cooperating with me.))

((That's cool. But we're kinda busy looting and pulling things, so I would advise to stand clear of the giant beast for now and then ask for assistance. We could probably tie the rope around you and pull you up, given there are three of us up there. I'll see to that in the next turn.

I feel like we just foiled an attempt to move plot forward from being stuck in one place.

Also, allow me to settle one thing OOC real quick: how many of you guys want to keep the jeep IC at this point?))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:54:20 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 18, 2015, 12:06:31 pm »

((I'm fine either way, really. I don't suppose we could tie the jeep behind the beast and have him drag it along?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #956 on: September 18, 2015, 12:14:24 pm »

- Wow. That is the coolest mobile house I could've imagined. Now, grab onto something people. I'm gonna go see if those giant needles can be pulled out, the thing might react to it with wiggling.

Put on some sort of shirt, chest armor piece and gauntlets. Then go over to the place spikes protrude from and try pulling it out.

Ok, so you know that the spears that Pancake and crew documented aren't stuck in the creature, they're just sitting around in the building right? alright

As per these spears in the creature, any particular place you want to start? The Golden stakes are like a subway car through the thing's chest, but there are spears and arrows embedded all through it's arms, legs, shoulders and back. Just grab the closest one or start somewhere specific?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 18, 2015, 12:16:01 pm »

Help Xan climb up. Assist with beating of wings and well-placed sharp talons if he starts to fuck it up.

((Oh, and Mr. Bird has no sentimental attachment to the jeep, considering enormous mountainous warbeasts superior.

Also, yeah, the weapons actually stuck in the creature are enormous.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 18, 2015, 12:20:57 pm »

As per these spears in the creature, any particular place you want to start? The Golden stakes are like a subway car through the thing's chest, but there are spears and arrows embedded all through it's arms, legs, shoulders and back. Just grab the closest one or start somewhere specific?

Oh boy. I didn't quite catch the size of the golden stakes.
Let us just start off by pulling out the nearest weapon embedded in the back that is safely accessible then. See how it reacts.

((I hear ya, Pan and Harry. We'll just listen what other have to say before we are decided. John's a little sentimental about the jeep, but the fuel proved itself to be scarce enough to barely keep his own thirst satisfied, so he is leaning to abandoning it.))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:38:29 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 18, 2015, 03:43:29 pm »

Go claim a bed. Also, set the Engine Spirit on the floor of the building with beds.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:33:16 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 241