Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335985 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1185 on: October 08, 2015, 04:38:18 pm »

Thinking of calling her Siri, sort for Sirine. Still thinking about it.
((I haven't finalised the sheet yet, which is why I haven't posted it yet. Still thinking about it. It's just a concept, some notes in a txt file right now.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 08, 2015, 04:40:54 pm »

Thinking of calling her Siri, sort for Sirine. Still thinking about it.
((I haven't finalised the sheet yet, which is why I haven't posted it yet. Still thinking about it. It's just a concept, some notes in a txt file right now.))

((Oh. Well since we got 14 people on that list, take your time. Just making sure wiki'd stuff is correct.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 08, 2015, 06:44:54 pm »

"
"Hmm. It's as I suspected then, my magics haven't recovered well from the journey into the afterlife. Well, persistence leads to the charred corpses of your enemies."

Concentrate really really hard! FIRE WILL SPEW OUT OF MY HAND

Hyenakles' looks over Xankarvo. The gaudy robes, the gaudier tracksuit. The dangling arm.

"Yeah, you don't strike me as much of a sorcerer. No undue offense intended."

Express incredulity regarding Xan's wizardness.
Quote from: Xan's sheet
What you're bad at: Socializing/resolving things peacefully. Xankarvo could have charitably been called an arrogant fuck.

Xankarvo turns around indignantly.

"Of course you would think that, you're not a wizard you mangy bipedal sack of lint.  Probably wouldn't even recognize a cantrip if I didn't have a sombrero on my head and shaved a bear to stick the glue to my face. Now kindly shut the fuck up and let the learned people do the wizardry."

He mutters something along the lines of 'ignorant cuntish cretins' as he turns back around and goes back to his wizardry.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 08, 2015, 07:13:49 pm »

Hyenakles' raises his eyebrows an inch or so higher. "Show us this magic of yours, then.  I'll believe it when I see it."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 08, 2015, 07:41:03 pm »

"Did you not hear me? Something about coming into the afterlife muddled my magic up. I'm trying to restore it, which I'd be able to do if someone weren't being a snide jackass by interrupting."
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 08, 2015, 10:12:16 pm »

Hyenakles' raises his eyebrows an inch or so higher. "Show us this magic of yours, then.  I'll believe it when I see it."
((YOU DISBELEIVING IT JUST MAKES IT WORSE.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 09, 2015, 12:59:40 am »

((YOU DISBELEIVING IT JUST MAKES IT WORSE.))
((Depends. If I conclusively prove him wrong then it'll backfire and make me more powerful.

Of course that does entail letting a Xan archetype character get fire powers.))
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 09, 2015, 01:29:33 am »

((I suspect it will be your roll against mine. But we'll see.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 09, 2015, 08:11:36 am »

((Convincing a skeptic ought to be more belief units than just telling someone impressionable.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1194 on: October 09, 2015, 09:17:49 am »

Fly back to our own lovely Warby. Report.

"Right, everything's rusted, rotted and buried. Not quite looting material, I'm afraid. Sorry, chaps, but one warbeast filled with fabulous treasure will have to do for now."
You return to the warbeast, perching up near the driver seat.

- Well, an attempt was made. Now how about some sort of wall of clouds or a road nearby? Unless you people want me to drive the thing into that land of giant crushing hands coming down from the sky, I can't really figure any directions.

"I'll keep a doubly accommodating eye out, my good man!"

As we proceed, scout around for promising directions of exploration. The most promising direction being the one that leads straight out of this shithole, obviously.
And you keep an eye out for interesting things as the beast proceeds.
((Might still be some loot inside the partially buried building.))

((Screw that. We got ourselves a big-ass Warbeast and loaded it with supplies to the top - we're outta here as soon as we figure out a way. Away with the greed, in with the wanderlust. Also, postponing the shenanigans with the plant until I can concentrate on that and give the wheel to Engine Spirit, which I believe I will at some point.))

Action: find the most deforestated area in sight and walk over there. Repeat until out in the open, where the view is not obstructed by the trees.
You steer the warbeast back in the direction it came, toward the fog, because that area seems to have the least amount of trees. Admittedly, the steppe doesn't have many trees to begin with, but that way definitely seems to have the least.  You continue for several hours, mostly blind, but the Engine spirit confirms that you are moving straight and not doubling back accidentally. Eventually, you come to a different kind of fog. A solid wall of fog that extends out in all directions.

"Hmm. It's as I suspected then, my magics haven't recovered well from the journey into the afterlife. Well, persistence leads to the charred corpses of your enemies."

in a safe direction

[2]
No joy.

((You are first on the waitlist, aren't you?))
((Yes, it appears you are. Well then, don't forget to take control over non-responsive characters. Keep an eye on Corsair, Pancaek and Beirus.))
((Oi, I'm here, I posted an action! PW just didn't use it, probably because harry's action was more or less the same thing but better.))

As we proceed and my comrades look for neat oppertunities, Flamenco will look around for threats, both in front and behind.
Hmm well no threats in front or behind, but there appears to be a rather large threat coming from the land known as "Meta"

Yes indeed.

See if the Engine Spirit knows anything about that spike I got.
The one from the ball that John bought? If so, he doesn't know anything about it.

"

Hyenakles' looks over Xankarvo. The gaudy robes, the gaudier tracksuit. The dangling arm.

"Yeah, you don't strike me as much of a sorcerer. No undue offense intended."

Express incredulity regarding Xan's wizardness.
[6]
His robes do seem a little ragged and unwizardly now that you look closely at them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 09, 2015, 09:34:37 am »

"Oh my, what's happening there?"

Observe the interactions of Xan and magic. Does he do any spiffy tricks? Express gentlemanly approval if yes. Suggest spiffy tricks he could do (in the form of "the one with the hat, you know" or something of that nature) if not.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 09, 2015, 09:52:08 am »

((I was under impression that we were camping out around warbeast in some forestated area. Well I was probably wrong.))

- Hey, Xan, Tarmac! Remember the wall of fog we found on our way out of Slenceville? We went through it end wound up where we are now? Well check it out, another wall of fog. Hm. Wait a minute...

Get a bow and shoot an arrow at the wall. See if the metal tip bounces off, like metal did from those clouds on the top of mountain. If it does not, walk the Warbeast through it!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:27:35 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 09, 2015, 12:17:34 pm »

Be not deterred. Try once more!

swear I'm this close to throwing a Molotov at the fucker. 'Weh weh you're not a wizard' and you don't look like a real fucking hyena you walking cartoon. Wanna be disdainful about my wizardness when you carry around rotting meat without even noticing the stench?

"Eh? Oh right. Those must be the borders of realms. Let's go, I've had enough of this heaven."
Sig! Onol

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 09, 2015, 05:34:59 pm »

Chamber a bullet in my rifle. Grab onto something if we pass through the mist

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 09, 2015, 05:51:39 pm »

"Yeah, let's blow this joint. This hell suuuuucks...hmm, speaking of joints."

Believe I have a freshly rolled blunt. If it works, light it up. Puff puff pass if the others want some.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 241