Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335839 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1320 on: October 27, 2015, 11:40:18 am »

Yep. This was how he was gonna die! Should have known better! Should have known better than to shack up with any gang of assholes who came riding in from nowhere!

Not that it mattered, of course, as long as he would be reborn somewhere. And being killed by fanatic snakes is probably better than being eaten in that regard.

"Ah. I don't suppose there are any pleasant alternatives to mandatory fruitification, are there?"

If not, attempt to fly out of this temple. Maybe the lightning doesn't go through walls, you never know.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Herpetological Hospitality
« Reply #1321 on: October 27, 2015, 11:47:04 am »

John's eyes go wide and he just stands there until the Most High is done talking again. Then he turns around and takes off without saying a word.

Run for it. Down some of that nitro fuel while I'm at it.
Assuming I'm not fruitified by the lightning bolt, hide behind the gate, or any cover there is to be found once I max out the distance between me the the Most High, drop off the right gauntlet, take the Engraved gun. Embrace the cutting edges of that engraving. Try to land a shot on the Most High, the heart of it, while the nitro is still in my system to help me with that.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:47:12 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 27, 2015, 11:54:33 am »

Upon seeing the hostile intentions, whether purposefully or not, of the Most High, Xankarvo quietly sighs for a second. Then his eyes light up with a manic fervour.

"YOU MAY SERVE AS KINDLING FOR MY FLAMES!"

Burninate the heart! Good thing I prepped all my fire stuff already.

Then book it to cover fast as I can.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 27, 2015, 02:43:26 pm »

"You trying to make me fruity? Oh, you're definitely getting penetrated now."

Stab the heart with my spike, preferably nor while getting burninated. Then eat it like a cherry. Or try to dodge/run away if I miss.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 27, 2015, 03:11:17 pm »

Drop on all fours, and sprint away as fast as my hyena legs can carry me.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 27, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »

((Oh well It was fun while not fruit))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 27, 2015, 05:13:14 pm »

((HAHAHA YES, KILL THEM ALL!))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 27, 2015, 05:15:12 pm »

"Groovy"

Follow John's example and skedaddle. Sprint away from the most high one and back towards where we entered. Once outside, make sure I go left or right so as not to run along the opening in the door. Then observe what happens, and see if we've got a clear run to the warbeast. 

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 27, 2015, 05:29:41 pm »

see if we've got a clear run to the warbeast.

((We were carried up through the air by Salthe on our way here, we are in a flying shere, so unlikely.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 27, 2015, 05:47:44 pm »

((Attempt to kill it, it is the only way.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 27, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »

see if we've got a clear run to the warbeast.

((We were carried up through the air by Salthe on our way here, we are in a flying shere, so unlikely.))
((Actually some of us (ahem ahem smart me) had the war east lift us up to the plateau. So we do have a theoretical escape in a dramatic jump.))
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 28, 2015, 01:56:39 pm »

((Everyone was carried by the Slathe up to where we are according to PW, so that'll be a hell of a jump regardless of where the Warbeast is. It is pretty far below, the way I see it. I'd be glad to be wrong.))
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 28, 2015, 02:12:29 pm »

Of the sake of time, lets just say that you all get up there; Most by being carried, a few by carefully maneuvering the warbeast in and then having it lift them up. And one by flying.
Checkmate

also I just realized the heart's on fire already so I might be making a terrible mistake. Ah well, totally their fault.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:14:44 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 28, 2015, 02:19:30 pm »

Of the sake of time, lets just say that you all get up there; Most by being carried, a few by carefully maneuvering the warbeast in and then having it lift them up. And one by flying.
Checkmate

((Why that's convenient. Hats off to you my good man, I stand corrected.))
Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1334 on: October 29, 2015, 02:45:18 pm »

Yep. This was how he was gonna die! Should have known better! Should have known better than to shack up with any gang of assholes who came riding in from nowhere!

Not that it mattered, of course, as long as he would be reborn somewhere. And being killed by fanatic snakes is probably better than being eaten in that regard.

"Ah. I don't suppose there are any pleasant alternatives to mandatory fruitification, are there?"

If not, attempt to fly out of this temple. Maybe the lightning doesn't go through walls, you never know.
Upon seeing the hostile intentions, whether purposefully or not, of the Most High, Xankarvo quietly sighs for a second. Then his eyes light up with a manic fervour.

"YOU MAY SERVE AS KINDLING FOR MY FLAMES!"

Burninate the heart! Good thing I prepped all my fire stuff already.

Then book it to cover fast as I can.

"You trying to make me fruity? Oh, you're definitely getting penetrated now."

Stab the heart with my spike, preferably nor while getting burninated. Then eat it like a cherry. Or try to dodge/run away if I miss.
Drop on all fours, and sprint away as fast as my hyena legs can carry me.
"Groovy"

Follow John's example and skedaddle. Sprint away from the most high one and back towards where we entered. Once outside, make sure I go left or right so as not to run along the opening in the door. Then observe what happens, and see if we've got a clear run to the warbeast. 
John's eyes go wide and he just stands there until the Most High is done talking again. Then he turns around and takes off without saying a word.

Run for it. Down some of that nitro fuel while I'm at it.
Assuming I'm not fruitified by the lightning bolt, hide behind the gate, or any cover there is to be found once I max out the distance between me the the Most High, drop off the right gauntlet, take the Engraved gun. Embrace the cutting edges of that engraving. Try to land a shot on the Most High, the heart of it, while the nitro is still in my system to help me with that.

[3,2,1,6,2,4]
Mr.Bird makes a run...a fly for it, but several snakes are in hot pursuit, reaching for him with barely visible limbs. None manage to get hold of him, but one does wack him pretty good and send him spiraling down into the ground

Xan whips out a moltov and hurls it across the room at the Most High. Unfortunately, he not only forgets to light it, but he completely underthrows and just ends up soaking the ground in perfectly good booze. [4] He gets struck by a bolt of the Most High's power and his good arm turns into 5 pieces of fruit. They tumble to the ground at his feet and he's left standing around, making fruit based curses. Something something banana in the something something.

Mr.Pacman tries to do a gallant swordsman pose with his spike before charging in, but ends up doing nothing more then fumble and toss the spike across the room. He looks really silly for a few seconds before the lightning hits him. [5] The lightning seems to have no effect on him.  "AH HA! SILLY GOD THING! I EAT FRUIT, I AM NOT FRUIT! MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE!"

Hyenankles turns on his heel and sprints straight out of the room, back outside, jumps down onto the warbeast's hand, climbs down the arm, runs into the house, crawls under a bed and covers his eyes with his hands.

Cuban Pete sort of just gyrates in place. [1] And is reduced to a pile of fruit. They're slightly spicier than the others.

John runs out through the doorway and hides behind it. He slips his right gauntlet and then pulls out his revolver. [6] He remembers that not only does the grip of the gun have blood sucking edges, but the bullets themselves do as well. He quickly pops out the magazine and presses his thumb down on the top round. The grooves bite into his flesh and black, oily blood pours into the grooves of the round. The metal itself seems to turn black and slick. That done, he slides the magazine back in and tightly squeezes the grip. The edges of the grip are sharp enough that when they cut into his hand, he barely feels it. Black blood pours out and flows through the grooves of the grip and up around the rest of the weapon, flowing impossibly into every nook and cranny of the engaged design. That done, he steps back around  the threshold wall and into the doorway, taking aim as he does. [1]

John fires a single shot. As it leaves the barrel, the black blood on the pistol catches fire and burns off in a burst of light and heat, and the bullet rockets out like a comet, a burning point of white hot light trailing smoke and steam. Unfortunately his shot is low. Extremely low. And aimed straight at Pacman. [5] Tarmac, in the midst of bragging about not turning into a fruit, steps slightly to the side. The shot roars past him and detonates a few dozen feet away, exploding like a grenade on impact.

The snakes are scattering, charging towards those left in the room, and especially towards John.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 241