Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331167 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1575 on: December 08, 2015, 01:45:08 pm »

JOHN is filled with DETERMINATION

I have all the time in all the worlds.

Contemplate ways to assemble legs. Give the design some thought. Try to give those a little more sole surface than the standard "stick leg". Preferably come up with something like the design posted earlier, or better. Then proceed to carefully manufacturing parts with instruments at hand.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:52:25 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 08, 2015, 01:49:35 pm »

Hum a tune fit to fill my companions with DETERMINATION.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 08, 2015, 01:52:09 pm »

"Yes, that will work very well. I just need to obtain the necessary materials to initiate the first several fire-based deaths. And I'd suppose the mechanism would work relatively the same for most any other ability. Yes, I see. Conventional systems of magic must not exist here, this is the realm of souls after all. If belief is what makes one strong... motherfucker. I should've been the one to kill the heart. Note to self, observe John for changes of any kind.
...perhaps this is linked to what I was doing with the plant. Greater numbers of ... FAITHFUL leads to greater powers, no doubt. Almost a self-perpetuating cycle if you can control your story enough. Which means attempts like lifting a pebble are meaningless, one requires grandiose displays to achieve anything.
...I recall something."

Go find the Engine Spirit.

"Engine Spirit. I recall you said you were created by someone, but not who exactly. Who was it that made you?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1578 on: December 08, 2015, 08:54:51 pm »

Dave puts his head down and grabbed a big bite of greenery; drinking often made him hungry.  He gave it a few lazy chews.  "So... bigger than the others.  What nnnnow?"
((I wonder if you'll end up absorbing the flowers' glowiness. You know, like how some flowers can absorb color in their water. A glow-in-the-dark dino would be fun.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 08, 2015, 09:00:44 pm »

((Sure, why not?  He's already predisposed to trying anything narcotic he comes across.  That poor plant of Xan's is toast if he finds out about it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 08, 2015, 09:41:43 pm »

Search around for some kind of entrance. If I see anything shiny, poke it with my deer shank and see what happens.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 09, 2015, 04:44:03 am »

((Yo Doc, what do you think?))

Spoiler: What's that smell? (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 09, 2015, 06:25:26 am »

Look up. Does it seem like a god's bum is suspended up among the stars? Or something of a similar scale? Or has this hypothetical thing flown away/been stolen already?

If no clues present themselves, check out the pillars. Are they the sort that you'd expect to hold up a floor or a roof, or are they somehow peculiar?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 09, 2015, 09:12:02 am »

Investigate the ground and the bases.  Are there any hidden clues near the ground?  Not like my neck is good for looking up a lot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 09, 2015, 03:34:50 pm »

((Yo Doc, what do you think?))

Spoiler: What's that smell? (click to show/hide)

((I like it. The proportions and facial features especially.

As a side note, I find it amusing how regular Hyenakles wears plate armor and carries some kind of fantasy rifle, while Next Level Hyenakles has nothing but a vest-kilt combo and a spear.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 09, 2015, 03:47:48 pm »

((As a side note, I find it amusing how regular Hyenakles wears plate armor and carries some kind of fantasy rifle, while Next Level Hyenakles has nothing but a vest-kilt combo and a spear.))

((I imagined him becoming sort of hunter, a chasing predator - the one that would prefer not to hinder his movement with garment. Maybe at this point he can just dodge anything armor is worth wearing against. And his rifle is behind his back alright. You can see the stock, the trigger, part of the barrel on the other end. On the left of his vest are actually rounds for the rifle.
I'm also trying to stick with character's nature on these (except John, where I just wanted to give him cool flaming skull). Xankarvo, he hopes to acquire power, so he is depicted as a potent mage. Hyenakles is hoping to become a leader of a pride, as noted in character description. In lion kind, they sort of outsource the hunting business to the lionesses so patriarchs have time to chill, but since none of the characters are depicted on the pinnacle of their paths, Hyenakles'd have to compete with his skill against other of his, or similar, kind on the final bit of his path towards his personal heaven.
And lo, Hyenakles The Hunter.

How do you see your character in the future? What do you want to make of him?))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:42:29 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 09, 2015, 04:05:34 pm »

"Yarrrr, what am I invisible, get back here you scurvy dogs ye forgot me.  Yarrrr, well the rest of you can baton down the hatches, hoist the sails, and keep ye scurvy hands off me booty.

Try to order the rest of the warbeast crew around and while I'm at it will a parrot, eyepatch, and pirate hat into being.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:23:15 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 09, 2015, 04:24:36 pm »

"Yarrrr, what am I invisible, get back here you scurvy dogs ye forgot me.  Yarrrr, well the rest of you can baton down the hatches, hoist the sails, and keep ye scurvy hands off me booty.

- Shut it or I'll launch you so far and so hard you won't even see us on the horizon when you'll hit the ground and shatter into pebbles. I'm trying to concentrate.
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 09, 2015, 06:08:12 pm »

((Next level HurHuum-HurRumm; learned to speak))

((That or angry laser discoball. :P))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 09, 2015, 11:02:44 pm »

((Ohhh, I originally mistook the butt of the rifle for Hyenakles' deer shank. That's what I get for browsing bay12 on a tiny phone screen. The rifle also just so happens to be labeled as "deer shank", although I didn't notice that either until just now.

You actually did a really good job at staying true to the characters... I don't have much to add regarding character analysis. Maybe I should have been more specific with my feedback- not only am I impressed by the drawing itself, but I appreciate the thought and attention to detail hat went into it too. I was mostly joking about the "spear and vest" thing.

Regarding future Hyenakles... Let's be honest,  he's probably either dead or on the side of the road. The guy isn't exactly making friends here. Then again, I suppose your characters have put up with him for quite some time now, and he has demonstrated a knack for running away.))
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 241