Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330030 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1665 on: December 18, 2015, 02:44:45 am »

((Sorry for the lack of activity over the last few days, I've been frantically trying to not fail a class. I'll be less useless when all that's resolved, hopefully tomorrow.
Also, I seem to recall that Hyenakles was entitled to the loot he found. Might become possessive over the rocks... we'll see.))

((That's cool. I arranged things for you all. My studies are easy on me this semester, I have more free time than I usually do this time of the year.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1666 on: December 19, 2015, 12:21:52 pm »

Assist with scouting! Be the best bird I can be!
Ferry stones up to the warbeast, as Comrade "suggested".

((Sorry for the lack of activity over the last few days, I've been frantically trying to not fail a class. I'll be less useless when all that's resolved, hopefully tomorrow.

Also, I seem to recall that Hyenakles was entitled to the loot he found. Might become possessive over the rocks... we'll see.))
Ok. Should they be of any specific size or just whatever?

Also, move through to the next one? Which direction? Avoid the indented ground?

Preferably not too large, something a size of a fist, probably.

We move on, um, along the ruins? Something straight ahead or so within the view currently. I guess we will try to go from one ruin to another for a while, looking around for curiosities, if we can't locate the next one within the horizon we'll rely on Mr. Bird to help. Unless this plan meets any opposition, we'll do that.

- I'm not feeling like leaving yet. This place is calm, I'm enjoying riding around, to tell you all the truth.
You get those stones and carefully put them away.

You continue along the edge of the ruins, looking for anything new. The scaffold like structures continue for miles until eventually they take a hard right turn and head off at a 90 degree angle from the previous line. Seems you reached the corner.

Directly ahead is another wall of fog, however this one is different. It's more like a wall of storm clouds, a rolling head of dark clouds shot through with silent lightning.

Now convince myself that the plant can imbue those who eat of it with the healing and regenerative powers it has.
[5]
Uh...hmm Maybe that worked? The plant didn't change in any visible way.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 19, 2015, 12:28:11 pm »

Soooo are the scaffold-like structures positioned along the storm cloud wall? If so, move along in between those.

- You people up for crossing these storm clouds? Not right now, but generally.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:44:51 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1668 on: December 19, 2015, 12:39:57 pm »

Soooo are the scaffold-like structures positioned along the storm cloud wall? If so, move along in between those.

- You people up for crossing these storm clouds? Not right now, but generally.
Well they're positioned around the square shaped indentation, but this wall of that indentation and by extension the scaffold ruins do run parallel to the fog wall.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 19, 2015, 12:44:36 pm »

Well they're positioned around the square shaped indentation, but this wall of that indentation and by extension the scaffold ruins do run parallel to the fog wall.

Good! So, we're turning around the corner and moving between the wall of scaffold-like structures and wall of storm clouds.

Assist Xan as he instructs.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:27:24 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 19, 2015, 01:38:51 pm »

Spoiler: Making a character (click to show/hide)
how's it look, fellas?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 19, 2015, 01:57:11 pm »

Spoiler: Making a character (click to show/hide)
how's it look, fellas?

((Please clarify Good At and Bad At. I'm not sure I get it.
Anyway, I'm linking your sheet on the wiki.))
Sigs

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 19, 2015, 02:22:09 pm »

He's good at distracting sentient creatures, derailing their train of thought, disrupting concentration, hypnotizing them or sending them off on wild goose chases, that kind of thing.
and he is good at learning secrets, like an investigative reporter, an undercover cop, or the old lady on the corner might be

conversely, he has a short attention span,
and can't always tell reality from fantasy.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 19, 2015, 02:34:15 pm »

I think I got it this time, thanks.
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 19, 2015, 03:03:32 pm »

Assist bird person with scouting. Be sure to doot doot the sonar like a regular mister bones.

Also be sure to check the integrity of my external shell. wonder if these idiots jerks people have any glass that could be used for repairs.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:07:51 pm by Egan_BW »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 19, 2015, 04:26:41 pm »

Remove my helmet, and get to a lower position. Standing out in the open, atop a giant warbeast, in metal armor... isn't exactly a safe choice given that we're about to pass some storm clouds..

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 19, 2015, 04:51:34 pm »

Remove my helmet, and get to a lower position. Standing out in the open, atop a giant warbeast, in metal armor... isn't exactly a safe choice given that we're about to pass some storm clouds..

((Note, we're not coming through, we're coming near those for now.))
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 19, 2015, 05:12:43 pm »

Don't fly into the storm clouds.

Instead, see if I can find out what might be at the center of this... well, one would presume it to be some form of square. How big is it? Pretty damn big? Enormous? Mind-bogglingly huge? Cosmic in proportion? If more like the latter, maybe don't bother and instead fly about in the air, safe in the knowledge that lightning doesn't usually strike something that isn't grounded.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 19, 2015, 06:56:24 pm »

Take Paranoid Wizard PrecautionsTM if we're about to do anything dangerous like head into the clouds or anything.

Xankarvo walks up to John.

"I need you to carefully break a leaf off of my plant and put it in my mouth. Normally I'd do so myself, but my arms are nonfunctional."

Procure John's help in eating one leaf of my plant.

((Now to wait and see if this works.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 19, 2015, 07:03:30 pm »

((Note, we're not coming through, we're coming near those for now.))

((I know. Safety first.))
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 241