Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330655 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1770 on: January 08, 2016, 07:10:50 am »

@Egan

As I picture it, John would come up to HurrDurr with the skull right after the transaction while someone else is talking to Santa with the skull in his hands.
We'll probably try to strap it to you with a rope or something. Later on.

As per speech formatting, I can only suggest to make it readable. Xan, Doc and I use glow, Harry and Toaster use color, doesn't really matter.
Personally I changed font from Trebuchet MS (without serifs, smooth looking) to Georgia (with serifs, a little coarse) while maintaining glow color to reflect the certain hoarseness in John's voice after he got burned. I'm fond of this little nitpick so much I had to mention it with no apparent reason.

You should totally ask for Tarmac. Maybe it'll even work. He could have been reincarnated as Santa's bag.  :P

If we happen to find some dragonballz, we're wishing everyone we met back, don't you worry :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:13:56 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: January 08, 2016, 10:29:28 am »

Doublepost because fanart

Spoiler: Christmas Trade (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1772 on: January 08, 2016, 03:34:56 pm »

Skull, hat, map - prices are good, deal is sealed. Our rocky friend for the magic books.

((I'm going to wiki all the bought stuff and dispense it to respective owners (when applicable) on the page, pinky promise, just not right now.))
Done.

Alright, some questions about talkskull.

Does it project all the thoughts of the person, or just what they want to say? Is it possible to control what it says to some degree, or will it just continually blabber all your thoughts?

Does it have a male or female voice? Does it depend on the user?

Any preference for text color/accent for the skull's voice or should I choose?

Can the skull be worn as a hat.

@Comrade: RP before talkskull or after?
Anything that you desire to be communicated.

Indeterminate dry, hissing voice

Your choice

Aren't you a sphere? We can tape it to you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 08, 2016, 03:45:07 pm »

Done.

N E A T

((waiting up on Egan's reaction now, for roleplaying purposes, consider John either excusing himself from conversation with Santa for a moment or backing away while someone else makes a request))
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 08, 2016, 05:24:21 pm »

"Excellent. My thanks ... I do not know your name. What is it, if you don't mind me asking?"

Obtain Alligator Redneck Santa's name, then run off and read book. READ WITH WIZARD PASSION
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 08, 2016, 05:54:59 pm »

Back to the top of the warbeast! Bid our redneck alligator pagan god friend a fine goodbye.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 08, 2016, 07:39:21 pm »

"Alright, fine. Do you have anything that would make my fur grow back, at least?"

Talk

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 08, 2016, 07:45:52 pm »

The phrase below is spoken at HurrDurr (Egan) when convenient IC-wise, while someone else is addressing Alligator Santa, presumably:

- Now listen friend. We're getting you a speech device. However, I trust it that Rocky's situation, him being sold off to the first stranger we come across, that is, will plant the following suggestion in your... head... brain... you: do not abuse your voice. Speak up when you have something serious to say about current situation, ask questions if you need to. Just do not fuck around.

The orb floats close to john and the skull is gently lifted from his hands.

"Testing, testing, one. Two. Three. Huh, that was easier than I thought.
Yes, thank you John, I've been looking for something like this for some time now. Heavens like to put me in dumb voiceless bodies for some godsforsaken reason.
Um, I don't think I've properly introduced myself. You can call me yellow."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 09, 2016, 04:04:51 am »

- Yellow it is. Nice to meet ya. I take it we're clear on what I just said. Now, you can levitate, you can make sounds. Say, can you make sounds so high it would hurt a human and the like of humans?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:10:25 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 09, 2016, 02:49:28 pm »

"Depends how you mean. I could make a sound high enough to hurt someone's ears, maybe permanently, but I can't make shockwaves or anything like that. I could use telekinesis to... hurt... people's insides... but..."
"Um, I'm sure it won't come to that."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:41:21 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1780 on: January 09, 2016, 03:02:02 pm »

"Excellent. My thanks ... I do not know your name. What is it, if you don't mind me asking?"

Obtain Alligator Redneck Santa's name, then run off and read book. READ WITH WIZARD PASSION
"Name is S.T. Nick, Thankya. Purveyor of fine oddities and goods across two dozen hells and heavens. "

You open up the book. It's clearly quite old and appears fairly fragile. The first chapter deals with the power of what it calls "Populace Belief", or the power of ideas held by many people. It states as fact that the outer world can be influenced by inner belief and conviction, and that greater conviction from either an individual or a group can influence the outer world to a greater degree. It goes further to state that this, while proven, is difficult to replicate and call forth on demand.

"One can not simply gather a group and ask them to believe that a blue ball is red. The mind rebels against such things and the belief is false. It is, however, possible to get at least a fraction of their conviction via evoking possible attributes or capacities of unknown objects. For instance, if I were to say that a ball in a sealed box is red, when I know it to be blue. Others would not know of my lie and, therefore, may believe it as truth and alter reality to match. The difficulty is that such situations and ideas lack the concrete nature required to evoke strong belief need a large base in order to gather force."

Back to the top of the warbeast! Bid our redneck alligator pagan god friend a fine goodbye.
Back to the beast you go.

"Alright, fine. Do you have anything that would make my fur grow back, at least?"

Talk

"Hmmm no. Though I have a fur coat or two."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 09, 2016, 03:07:33 pm »

Carefully read onward.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 09, 2016, 03:18:49 pm »

"Alright, I'll take the closest thing to Hyena pelt ya got. How many Gladi... Gladiuses... Gladiyi? Swords. How many do you want for that?"

Trade.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 09, 2016, 04:03:35 pm »

"Depends how you mean. I could make a sound high enough to hurt someone's ears, maybe permanently, but I can't make shockwaves or anything like that. I could use telekinesis to... hurt... people's insides... but..."
"Um, I'm sure it won't come to that."

- Okay, thank you. Now if you would care to do me a certain favor, not right now, maybe even never...

John leans slightly towards the floating sphere and whispers something to it.

- Could you do that for me?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:05:49 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 09, 2016, 07:20:47 pm »

Dave wandered over toward Xankarvo.  "Whatcha reading?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 241