Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331079 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1800 on: January 12, 2016, 01:42:21 pm »

Carefully read onward.
The book continues by talking about several case studies of what it calls "mythical individuals", individuals which made it into the afterlife with a great deal of myth, rumor and superstition associated with them. It says that these individuals often come into the afterlife in forms related to the myths that surround them, demonstrating the fact that the beliefs of those in the afterlife may affect even those they may have never personally seen or interacted with. It speaks specifically of a "Senji M." who was apparently regarded as a craftsman of inhuman skill, but whose works excelled at their task but carried a powerfully negative connotation as well. Likewise the man himself was considered to be greatly talented but also possessed of a demonic or insane quality.

"This Senji M. came into this world in a form much like his living form, but twisted and demonic, created seemingly to do nothing more than to continue the work he did in life. And his works, and even duplicates of them, gained some part of their much rumored nature. He was taken on as a forge master to a local king and it is said that as his works spread and as this king conqured with them, he took on an even more frightful appearance. And his works grew ever greater for it."

"Alright, I'll take the closest thing to Hyena pelt ya got. How many Gladi... Gladiuses... Gladiyi? Swords. How many do you want for that?"

Trade.
He trades you a cloak made of the pelt of something that looks vaguely lion-ish, but with crimson hair,  in exchange for two swords.

Hey, this is an interesting question; does meta cancer go across games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnXPqUU6fI0

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

((I feel obliged to point out that samurai is exclusively japanese thing, while the majority of your background refers to chinese culture. If I just put swordfighter instead of samurai on wiki, would that be okay with you?
Well, technically while you're on waitlist your charsheet is just a link to your b12 post, so I guess what I'm saying is you might wanna review it while you're waiting.))
((Shit, I knew there was something wrong, I just heard about the terracotta soldiers thing and decided 'that would be a kickass thing to design a character from'.
Changing it now.))
((If you haven't, I suggest watching "Sword of the stranger" because it has some great Chinese swordsmen characters in it that you could model yourself after, or draw inspiration from))

Flap wings impatiently. Keep an eye out.
[Squawks internally]

"I just want a normal life. Normal people, who talk about normal things.
This afterlife seems to have everything in it, and most things aren't that, but I believe I'll be able to find it.
Of course, this skull is very helpful, as are you."

- The closest to normal we found so far are a bunch of creepy same-looking people inhabiting a town who were literally paralysed in front of anyone not born in hell. And even these are no longer around. So, we'll just look out for something you want as we pass stuff by. Speaking of stuff to pass by...

I got that map of the land-beyond-stromclouds. Check that out.
The map is labelled as "Super-hell: Big Gray" and appears to show an area that is rather astoundingly large for a hell. Several hundred miles across at least, maybe more. It seems to be broken up into several labeled areas, as though the hell itself was made up of  a patchwork of other heavens and hells that merged together into a conglomerate mass. All the areas are labeled and some have a bit of writing on or next to them: Convict bay, Black Sun Cult, Deep Woods,  Deathless Armada, Dead Silence, Sinner's Mechanism, Divine Wastes, Sky Crawler Hive, Idol Henge,  Garden of War Gods, Wandering Cities, Cemiac Empire, Godeaters, Olympus, Cult of the Imperfect. You have no idea where you are in relation to the things shown on the map though. You could be entering at any point on the edge.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 12, 2016, 02:02:00 pm »

Wish Alligator Santa good luck and bid him goodbye; address the team once everyone is up on the platform again

- Now look. Let's talk business here. I think we need to see the Great Conquering King. He might know something about the First Heaven. If nothing else, he probably has stuff under his rule we are looking for other than the First Heaven.

Oh, and as for now, we will be entering mighty funny places behind this wall of stormclouds, check it out.

John lays out the map down on the floor for everyone to see.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: January 12, 2016, 04:32:49 pm »

Read onward!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: January 12, 2016, 04:51:17 pm »

Dave nudges his way toward the map.  "Huh.  So... we go through this fog wall, and we end up in that hell?  Somewhere?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: January 12, 2016, 05:01:45 pm »

- On the outer rims of it, yeah, pretty much.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1805 on: January 12, 2016, 06:44:22 pm »

((Did you ever ask Santa if he can tell you where the King is?))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 12, 2016, 06:47:45 pm »

((First off, where is the fun in that and second, he probably knows just a much as we do, rambling around trading oddities.
I'm just not sure if we will really pursue that cause, that's why I'm bringing it up - to see what others think about it.))
Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1807 on: January 12, 2016, 07:01:06 pm »

((First off, where is the fun in that and second, he probably knows just a much as we do, rambling around trading oddities.
I'm just not sure if we will really pursue that cause, that's why I'm bringing it up - to see what others think about it.))

((Sure, not saying you should have, just asking out of curiosity.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 12, 2016, 08:27:41 pm »

"Huh.  Sounds exciting.  This place is fine, but kind of dull.  At least the food's good."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1809 on: January 14, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »

Wish Alligator Santa good luck and bid him goodbye; address the team once everyone is up on the platform again

- Now look. Let's talk business here. I think we need to see the Great Conquering King. He might know something about the First Heaven. If nothing else, he probably has stuff under his rule we are looking for other than the First Heaven.

Oh, and as for now, we will be entering mighty funny places behind this wall of stormclouds, check it out.

John lays out the map down on the floor for everyone to see.
This is the only action so far

We'll assume you're all back on the thing and ready to go and that reptile Santa has bid you farewell.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 14, 2016, 05:12:59 pm »

((Well Xan forgot to bold his reading action, it appears. Anyway, let's get crackin'))

- So, no opinions? You guys just think this over and share later. Meanwhile hang on and be battle ready.

Cross the stormcloud wall
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: January 14, 2016, 05:50:53 pm »

Cross the stormwall with the beast. Hope we have a bit more time in this world.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: January 14, 2016, 06:10:28 pm »

It appears I accidentally italicized my action.

READ
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: January 15, 2016, 12:19:44 am »

Replace the armor with my new cloak, and vote to cross.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: January 15, 2016, 10:30:36 am »

"Let's sail, gentlemen!"

Onward!
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 241