Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331033 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1830 on: January 19, 2016, 10:34:16 am »

Go outside, see what's the deal with the highways. How obstructed/collapsed are they? Is it possible to use these for their intended purpose or did the time rendered them useless as pretty much everything else?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:54:24 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 19, 2016, 11:18:37 am »

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeead
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 19, 2016, 11:24:27 am »

((I now imagine Xan reading the book in the middle of the tempest we passed through.
I can't decide if he sat it through not giving a damn or laughing manically whenever a thunderbolt stroke.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 19, 2016, 11:35:22 am »

((Not noticing, clearly.  Even not noticing any St. Elmo's fire flickering on the corners.))

"Neat!  What is this; molded rock?"  Dave pokes at a piece of concrete as he asks this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 19, 2016, 12:56:01 pm »

Scout around the warbeast, looking for shiny and/or ominous objects.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 19, 2016, 03:58:22 pm »

((Not noticing, clearly.  Even not noticing any St. Elmo's fire flickering on the corners.))

"Neat!  What is this; molded rock?"  Dave pokes at a piece of concrete as he asks this.
"I think I remember that stuff. Was used on old earth. Think it was called asphalt or something."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 19, 2016, 04:11:48 pm »

"Huh.  So they moulded it into buildings?  Fascinating."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 19, 2016, 04:18:18 pm »

"Not very well, as evidenced by the state of this building. Modern techniques create much longer-lived structures. Ugh, not that it matters here."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 19, 2016, 04:51:29 pm »

Poke around in the remains of the dresser with the end of my rifle, and double check that there's nothing worth looting in there. Then, head outside behind John..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1839 on: January 20, 2016, 02:12:42 pm »

Go outside, see what's the deal with the highways. How obstructed/collapsed are they? Is it possible to use these for their intended purpose or did the time rendered them useless as pretty much everything else?
The only parts of the highway which remain standing are the giant concrete supports, with the occasional crumbling bit of road dangling from the top. And even these are scattered erratically around, with one standing amid several fallen or even smashed apart.

The entire rest of the chapter deals with the idea of spreading rumors about a test subject in order to use this capacity of belief and myth to influence their form. It states that this method is ineffective because rumors and myths which lack any sort of visual feedback have a very limited power of change. The author states that this is probably because the individuals don't fully believe what they are told. The man who swallows a sword in front of a crowd may find himself able to chew one the next evening, but a rumor about an unknown person performing great feats in a land never heard of by the listener will rarely, if ever, bring results.

Scout around the warbeast, looking for shiny and/or ominous objects.

There's plenty of shiny things, though they're all just broken shards of glass and a few uncorroded bits of chrome dug out of the ground by the scraping tread of the beast. Maybe useful to a scrap dealer, but not to you,

Poke around in the remains of the dresser with the end of my rifle, and double check that there's nothing worth looting in there. Then, head outside behind John..
Anything of value in there has long since decayed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 20, 2016, 02:38:51 pm »

"So what else can we find in this new land?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 20, 2016, 02:43:23 pm »

- I'm off to see the giant carcass we spotted from the warbeast up close.

After stating his business to his comrades, John is off to do exactly that.
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 20, 2016, 02:45:40 pm »

"You sure you don't want to take the warbeast? It's pretty far to walk, might get dark."

With John.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 20, 2016, 02:47:29 pm »

"Sure, why not?"

Follow along.  Graze.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 20, 2016, 03:01:57 pm »

Range further! Test the limits of this strange new environment!
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 241