Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330115 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2025 on: March 09, 2016, 04:48:46 pm »

I somehow missed harry. fuck.

At least in this case it didn't matter. Sorry harry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 09, 2016, 05:05:32 pm »

((Just assume he got bird crap on something.))

"Damn it all!"

Get unstuck!  Stay on deck!  Avoid being pooped on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 09, 2016, 05:42:38 pm »

((You also missed me, But I was literally doing nothing. I think what happened was that you rolled Hyneakles's little friendly fire, rolled to hit Xan, and then looked down at Xan's action and forgot about the posts in-between.
But that's understandable, friendly fire gets me excited too. :P))

Are there any of those strange fellows still on the ground? If so, hover out of reach of one of them and start talking.

"Hey! do you speak Space-English? Why do you want a great big warbeast anyway?

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 10, 2016, 01:50:34 am »

Do you still accept people in this game?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 10, 2016, 07:57:43 am »

((Yup, if you're alright with waiting. Just post a character sheet and you'll be put on the waitlist. ))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 10, 2016, 10:02:11 am »

Examine self - just how broken am I after that punch and this fall? If not that much, try to stand up.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 03:44:47 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 10, 2016, 12:41:04 pm »

"Whoops."

Make sure I'm solidly wedged into this shelter, before reloading John's gun.

Alucard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 11, 2016, 07:03:06 pm »

Name: Duke
Soul: Formerly a very influential English musician who managed to stay relevant for 5 decades, he also managed to get an acting career going on amidst all the commercial success he was getting with his new alternative style of music.
Incarnation: Now a former shell of his life, he's a Nazi Occultist with a cocaine addiction. His style is very simple, he's dressed only in a white shirt, black trousers and a waistcoat. Unfortunately, this whole process has also left him emotionless.
What You're good at: Occult, Astrology, Singing
What you're bad at: Showing emotions
Your Hopes: Stay relevant for as long as you can
Your Fears: Fading out of relevance
What you need to survive: As a reverse of what you'd normally expect, he actually needs his cocaine.
What's in your pockets: Cocaine, a laughing garden gnome, the helmet of an astronaut with the word "Tom" written on it

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 12, 2016, 03:00:09 am »

((I see what you did there. To the waitlist you go.

E: wow, Aoshima has beaten me to it.))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:13:58 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2034 on: March 14, 2016, 12:11:28 pm »

Help my fellow dinosaur extricate himself from the lobsterman!
((Just assume he got bird crap on something.))

"Damn it all!"

Get unstuck!  Stay on deck!  Avoid being pooped on.
[4][2]
Dave wiggles and waggles and generally fails rather hopelessly, but just can't manage to get himself free. Luckily Mr.Bird manages to get a good solid hold on him and yanks him free like an Englishman dislodging a sword from a boulder. He tries his best to hold Dave up into the air and shout something about the power of grayskull, but dave's reptilian ass is too massive for his hollow bird bones. He just can't handle that booty.

"Hyneakles, normally I'd be frothing at the mouth to try to kill you but this is so fucking hardcore that I'm going to ignore that. I AM A HUMAN FLAMETHROWER MOTHERFUCKERS now with that said don't fucking shoot me you shit I have to put out this fire."

Put out fire. Don't fall off warbeast. If I'm attacked again, spit some leftover booze on the fish hook thing, light it aflame with my teeth and fight them with a flaming sword! Also do whatever I can to light them on fire if I end up in a fighting scenario. Use my teeth sparks as distractions. Internally lament the fact that I don't have a big badass beard that I could set on fire and look cool with.

((Oh man that's fucking cool as hell.))
[5]
You give the smoldering deck a stern look and the fire goes out.

((You also missed me, But I was literally doing nothing. I think what happened was that you rolled Hyneakles's little friendly fire, rolled to hit Xan, and then looked down at Xan's action and forgot about the posts in-between.
But that's understandable, friendly fire gets me excited too. :P))

Are there any of those strange fellows still on the ground? If so, hover out of reach of one of them and start talking.

"Hey! do you speak Space-English? Why do you want a great big warbeast anyway?
[2]
You attempt to dislodge yourself from the crook of the branches that are holding you up. You can not.

Dang

Examine self - just how broken am I after that punch and this fall? If not that much, try to stand up.
Well thats the thing, your anatomy is weird. Human, you'd be dead. Very dead, even. But you have an engine instead of guts and those are a little more robust. Do you have a brain? Or are you like a golem where as long as the engine is running you're not dead? Cause you're mangled, but I'm not sure about the fatal nature of the mangling.

"Whoops."

Make sure I'm solidly wedged into this shelter, before reloading John's gun.
You're kneeling with your shoulder against a wall, so you're pretty damn stable. Or, at least you were.

Because in order reload the gun you have to crawl over to johns stuff and dig some bullets out of their box. You get it reloaded, despite the shaking.

There are two enemies currently on the deck, the stag man and the statue. The stag recovers from his disarming and charges Xan with his head down, attempting to impale the would be mage with is antlers.
[5]
Xan, who I'm beginning to suspect may have made some sort of pact with the devil recently, sees the attack coming. He waits until the last instant and then steps to the side while bringing his new weapon down hard. He cleaves the stag man's unnatural head clean off his shoulders in a single fluid movement.

The statue, fresh from punting John off the edge, turns towards the living quarters. He crosses the deck in seconds and kicks the barricade away. He ducks through the doorway and surveys the room. The instant his dull metallic eyes lock on Hyenakles he charges.
[4]
Hyenakles yelps and rolls to the side as a giant metal foot smashes the deck where he was laying a moment ago. He rolls and gets up into a crouch before hurling his deer shank straight at the metal man. It splats right into the statue's face, doing no damage but momentarily disorienting the thing as rotten meat coats its face.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: March 14, 2016, 12:20:48 pm »

Excellent! Move to further distract the metal man while the others hopefully lay into him as hard as they can. Maybe disorient metal man sufficiently to make him plummet off the deck.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: March 14, 2016, 12:28:49 pm »

Help with distracting Metal Man.  Perhaps I could get behind his legs and someone pushes him back over me so he trips and falls overboard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 14, 2016, 12:33:30 pm »

Get free dammit and go on some amazing solo adventures!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 14, 2016, 01:04:00 pm »

Well thats the thing, your anatomy is weird. Human, you'd be dead. Very dead, even. But you have an engine instead of guts and those are a little more robust. Do you have a brain? Or are you like a golem where as long as the engine is running you're not dead? Cause you're mangled, but I'm not sure about the fatal nature of the mangling.

I'm going to go with a version where I get that golem deal - if the meaty bits are way too mushy to recover, the metal core within the chest and abdomen can be manually removed by a third party, lodged inside some other fleshy bits and sewn shut: then it will grow into it in a day or two, given there is fuel inside to do that.
Or at least that's how I envision it.
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 14, 2016, 03:04:55 pm »

"That also has potential. Now, who's next? Ah, the metal man! Well, fleshy or not, you're about to feel the burn!"

Since metal man is metal and plain sword strikes won't do too good on him, but neither will fire melt him, do both! Set sword/fishhook thing on fire and then set him on fire with it! Preferably remove some limbs. Maybe a left arm so I can get a better replacement, hmm?

((Hey, can't can the Xan))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 241