Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331158 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2130 on: April 06, 2016, 12:33:58 am »

Keep assisting in whatever way.  Fetching tools?  I have a screwdriver taped to one horn.

"This would be easier if I had hands, or if I was bigger!  Why'd I have to become such a small beast?"
Taping a screwdriver to one horn?

This level of weaponized cuteness is close to a war crime.

Well, he doesn't have any pockets, so he has to stow his stuff somewhere.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2131 on: April 07, 2016, 09:23:09 am »

Scavenge bits from John's corpse to improve this dismal state of affairs. Be a great friend and make John the Jeep Engine or something.
John's corpse is entirely organic, save for the engine you've already extracted, so scavenging bits of offal from his corpse won't help. Well...it might make a good snack for you, but if you really want to make his current body more fit to house him, you're gonna need to find some tools and some car parts. Which are in rather short supply here.

"Fuck yes, I did it!"

Show off my awesome crab arm. Then also talk to Xan the Engine Spirit.

"Bring us back to the place we came from before this, Xan. I think we might be able to figure out where we are based on that. We had a map, didn't we?"

Also look for the map (just IC).
The engine spirit turns the war beast around and it lumbers back through the forest and into the city outskirts, far beyond the trees and their hidden dangers.

You find the map in the crew quarters, luckily undamaged by the fighting.

Scream at the engine spirit to go ahead and use it's best judgement already. That is, get us to a place where we aren't being attacked by animal people.

Once we're a good distance away, we should put the engine spirit back in the jeep so it can maybe help John.

You disconnect the engine spirit from the controls of the war beast and wrap it around the steering wheel of the jeep.

"I'm not sure what you want me to do here. Your friend is alive and inhabiting the jeep, there's nothing much more I can do to help him, other than speak for him."

Keep assisting in whatever way.  Fetching tools?  I have a screwdriver taped to one horn.

"This would be easier if I had hands, or if I was bigger!  Why'd I have to become such a small beast?"
You watch the going's on, plodding around, ever ready to be useful if you can. For the moment though, things seem quiet, and your help is unneeded, or at least unrequested.   

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 07, 2016, 09:42:08 am »

Well, if it's entirely organic, there ought to be some input/output ports for that damn engine I can scavenge, be they mechanical or Cronenbergian in style. So get to it!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: April 07, 2016, 11:07:55 am »

"Just tell John that he's still alive, and that we'll try to get him a new body.

Talk to engine spirit then put it back on the beast. Raise morale with music.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:10:14 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 07, 2016, 11:16:33 am »

((so, wait if you guys fit the jeep with a speaker, could you make john speed buggy?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: April 07, 2016, 01:06:46 pm »

Xankarvo comes back holding the map.

"Well then. I'd guess that forest was the Deep Woods, which means we're most likely in ... Idol Henge, mayhaps? I'm not sure, I wasn't paying attention the first time we came around here."

Mayhaps that Garden of the War Gods is where John saw those 'imperfect' things?

Notice my surroundings and try to make a connection with them to one of the places on the map. Where we at?

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2136 on: April 09, 2016, 11:06:15 am »

Well, if it's entirely organic, there ought to be some input/output ports for that damn engine I can scavenge, be they mechanical or Cronenbergian in style. So get to it!
You already got those tubes when you originally moved the engine; I assumed you left them attached and didn't just cut the engine and nothing else out. He was literally an engine with some tubes connected to various orifices. It's uncertain exactly how he moved the limbs.

"Just tell John that he's still alive, and that we'll try to get him a new body.

Talk to engine spirit then put it back on the beast. Raise morale with music.
"He says to turn on the radio."

You move the engine spirit back to the warbeast's controls and start humming something upbeat.
Xankarvo comes back holding the map.

"Well then. I'd guess that forest was the Deep Woods, which means we're most likely in ... Idol Henge, mayhaps? I'm not sure, I wasn't paying attention the first time we came around here."

Mayhaps that Garden of the War Gods is where John saw those 'imperfect' things?

Notice my surroundings and try to make a connection with them to one of the places on the map. Where we at?

It should be noted that you turned 180 and walked back into the area with the semi-living giants from earlier.

[5]
You feel like you're currently in the garden of the wargods, with all these dead and dying giant things,and you just left the godeater area. Would make sense, since these attacking natives seemed oddly prepared to bring down giants. 

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 09, 2016, 11:08:44 am »

Mysterious!

Well, does the jeep have a radio? Can we hook John's voice-thing up to that? wait shit I can't read, just turn on the radio in that case!

EDIT: Also, take a look around where we are now. Any sign of those animal dudes following us?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:45:10 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 09, 2016, 11:29:05 am »

"Alright, so if we're here and they're south of us, then ... hmm. One wonders why the god eaters aren't coming into here to eat all these crippled gods. Anyhow, my intuition's never wrong, and I know where to go. But scarred tribes sounds a bit aggressive, and coming in wounded like this wouldn't do well for first impressions. So! How're we going to get you back on your feet."

Assess overall condition of teammates. Probably the most immediately helpful ones are Bird and Antisocial Glass Ball. Are there any corpse parts around I could fuse to Hyenakles to speed up his recovery?
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 09, 2016, 11:38:39 am »

"Most of the places on the map sound like places we don't want to go. Which raises the question of why we went to a place called Superhell.
But west seems as good a direction as any. Maybe we can be friendly with the tribes. In fact, I wonder if we could have been friendly with the godeaters, if we hadn't ridden in on a god.

Look for some glass somewhere on the warbeast that I can use to repair my damage. Failing that, ask someone to look out for mountains of broken glass or something.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:40:25 am by Egan_BW »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: April 09, 2016, 11:44:20 am »

"Hmm. If they weren't so obviously sentient I'd say we ride in on John and hope their pattern recognition isn't too good.

What do you need to repair yourself? You're cracked."
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: April 09, 2016, 11:49:52 am »

- I'll be damned if I know how I'm still alive. I think I can grow into someone's body if you clear out chest and abdomen. Don't know about the car...

Try to grow into the jeep.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: April 09, 2016, 12:03:24 pm »

"Hmm. If they weren't so obviously sentient I'd say we ride in on John and hope their pattern recognition isn't too good.

What do you need to repair yourself? You're cracked."

"I need glass. Any glass should do. Look out for broken bottles or something."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: April 09, 2016, 12:05:17 pm »

"We have tons of bottles from all the flammable booze I got from a while back, just look around for them.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: April 09, 2016, 07:32:51 pm »

"Well, not like we have much choice besides going past the tribes.  You never know with natives, though.  Hey, I can help you empty those booze bottles if you need!"

Helpfully offer to get drunk.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 241