Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 327490 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2145 on: April 09, 2016, 09:29:42 pm »

((what's the plan for introducing those next players? do they need to post that they are aware their turn is up, or will an announcement be made, or what?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2146 on: April 09, 2016, 09:52:50 pm »

((what's the plan for introducing those next players? do they need to post that they are aware their turn is up, or will an announcement be made, or what?))
Next new area we enter will have them. Though having the players post that they are alive would be good too

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 10, 2016, 01:25:44 am »

((I'm alive of course. Who I get to torture?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 10, 2016, 01:33:53 am »

I'm a bit far down the waitlist yet.

Plus, like most, I have no opposable thumbs - but then, most who start with them seem to lose them anyway.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2149 on: April 12, 2016, 06:10:25 pm »

Mysterious!

Well, does the jeep have a radio? Can we hook John's voice-thing up to that? wait shit I can't read, just turn on the radio in that case!

EDIT: Also, take a look around where we are now. Any sign of those animal dudes following us?

You turn on the radio. John can now speak through it.

Downside to this is that if you put on some music it's gonna be john singing.

You're back in the place were you guys spent like three weeks talking to a Giant that wanted nothing to do with you. No sign of pursuers.

"Alright, so if we're here and they're south of us, then ... hmm. One wonders why the god eaters aren't coming into here to eat all these crippled gods. Anyhow, my intuition's never wrong, and I know where to go. But scarred tribes sounds a bit aggressive, and coming in wounded like this wouldn't do well for first impressions. So! How're we going to get you back on your feet."

Assess overall condition of teammates. Probably the most immediately helpful ones are Bird and Antisocial Glass Ball. Are there any corpse parts around I could fuse to Hyenakles to speed up his recovery?
The deer man is whole, save for the head.  Though fusing flesh to speed healing on this level...oh dear thats gonna have a heck of a cost. And thats if it works. You can feel it down in your wizard guts, such things are dangerous. Perhaps there might be some method of stacking the deck...

As per your teammates, The bird and the dinosaur are fine, the glass ball is part smashed, with an exposed brain. Should cover that up before someone hits the weak point for massive damage. You tap your foot in thought. John is an odd one. He's got a fully functional body, but it's useless to you for the moment.

"Most of the places on the map sound like places we don't want to go. Which raises the question of why we went to a place called Superhell.
But west seems as good a direction as any. Maybe we can be friendly with the tribes. In fact, I wonder if we could have been friendly with the godeaters, if we hadn't ridden in on a god.

Look for some glass somewhere on the warbeast that I can use to repair my damage. Failing that, ask someone to look out for mountains of broken glass or something.
There's no glass around here, except for bottles and those are almost all full. Not exactly sure how you'd use them even if they weren't. Melting glass onto an exposed brain is certainly a unique strategy, healing wise, but it's probably a technique not bound for future glories. Vaccination or penicillin it ain't

- I'll be damned if I know how I'm still alive. I think I can grow into someone's body if you clear out chest and abdomen. Don't know about the car...

Try to grow into the jeep.
[3] No luck boy-o, least not anymore than you would have if they hadn't already hooked up all your pipes. Seems you're made for that sweet flesh interfacing. GYO style.

Quick, find a shark.

GASHUNK.

"Well, not like we have much choice besides going past the tribes.  You never know with natives, though.  Hey, I can help you empty those booze bottles if you need!"

Helpfully offer to get drunk.
You offer your services as mobile alcohol repository.

No one says NOT to do it.
[6]

You down two bottles of very strong booze in under 5 minutes and pass out by Hyenankles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 12, 2016, 08:52:50 pm »

((Drunken dino is best dino))

Dream alcoholic dreams.  Be ever useful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 12, 2016, 09:23:59 pm »

Nah, my healing is pretty much magic. As it says on my character sheet, which you approved nearly a year ago!
*Thumbs up*

And I'm pretty sure there's at least some empty bottles around here, Xannie's been spewing a few flames around.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 12, 2016, 11:19:24 pm »

"John, do you reckon you could fit into this deer person if we found a head for it?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 13, 2016, 03:44:20 am »

"John, do you reckon you could fit into this deer person if we found a head for it?"

- I could certainly try. Never done this before. Given your latest feats in magic, you could probably kill two birds with one stone by burning out his insides to make room for me AND to re-attach his head.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 13, 2016, 01:57:53 pm »

Ooh, go find a replacement head for the deer body! Scavenging skills go!

Maybe a really cool skull that Xankarvo can set on fire and animate with faith and shit. That's be, like, almost next-level shit, right?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 13, 2016, 02:05:29 pm »

((Ooooh, flaming skull - just like I wanted last Christmas!))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 13, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »

Decided to post char sheet and sign up:
Name-Erny McSpeezy

Soul: the soul of an alcoholic street racer..or just a delusional alcoholic that liked to speed a lot

Incarnation
A mini (think large rc vehicle) this:
[
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He's good at going fast

He's bad at talking with out stuttering, communicating clearly, and driving safely

He needs alcohol to get through the work day. (he runs on alcohol)

Inventory
Some loose change in between his cushions, and some empty beer bottles strewn about the floor, and a 12 pack missing 4 cans.

Edit: sorry for spelling, I dislike typing on tablets
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:44:49 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 13, 2016, 06:27:43 pm »

- I could certainly try. Never done this before. Given your latest feats in magic, you could probably kill two birds with one stone by burning out his insides to make room for me AND to re-attach his head.
Well, the deer Guy's dead so backlash wouldn't be too much of an issue, I think. Prepare myself in a wizardly way for doing this. Don't actually do it yet, there's no replacement head yet and someone needs to move John into the corpse at a specific time, but charge my fire healing powers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2158 on: April 15, 2016, 09:23:38 am »

((Drunken dino is best dino))

Dream alcoholic dreams.  Be ever useful.
[6]
You dream of a strange world of giant lizards, odd looking fronds and tropical trees, and the distant glow of a meteor in the sky.

"Excuse me, mr. hallucination. Meteors are moving at extremely high speeds. There's no way one would just be hanging out in the sky like that; at best it would be a streak of flame that appeared for a second or two and then made us all extinct.

Wait how do I know this?"

Nah, my healing is pretty much magic. As it says on my character sheet, which you approved nearly a year ago!
*Thumbs up*

And I'm pretty sure there's at least some empty bottles around here, Xannie's been spewing a few flames around.

[2]
Apparently your healing ain't no magic at all.

Ooh, go find a replacement head for the deer body! Scavenging skills go!

Maybe a really cool skull that Xankarvo can set on fire and animate with faith and shit. That's be, like, almost next-level shit, right?

Hmm replacement head...Lets see...Well you have John's head...thats...mostly intact.  Technically the deer man's head would work fine too, it was nice and cleanly severed, so you could just put it back on. Metal man is gone, crab man had no head and also exploded...Maybe you could use his giant claw as a comedy joke head? Ha ha, april fools, your body isn't viable and now you're trapped in a senseless living hell!

Alternatively, you could steal the glass ball's skull. 

Alternatively alternatively, there are some rather neat but slightly oversized skulls around here. You grab a few with interesting features. As you fly them back, you begin to wonder if using a skull is a good idea. It doesn't have eyes, after all. Or lips.

Well, the deer Guy's dead so backlash wouldn't be too much of an issue, I think. Prepare myself in a wizardly way for doing this. Don't actually do it yet, there's no replacement head yet and someone needs to move John into the corpse at a specific time, but charge my fire healing powers.
Charge how?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 15, 2016, 09:28:05 am »

Slightly comically oversized skull it is! I'm sure any practical concerns can be patched over with sufficient faith and ignorance.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 241