Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 327487 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2340 on: May 27, 2016, 06:33:14 am »

Umm...nope. But apparently my character got eaten?

((Yeah, sorry. We just kind of assumed you weren't going to show up at all. It gets pretty awkward when you show up right after being pronounced inactive and ritualistically burned so that your life force may be used to rejuvenate another player.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 27, 2016, 09:03:07 am »

((Mmhmm. It gets very awkward.))
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2342 on: May 27, 2016, 11:14:10 am »

Great, so despite me saying it twice, no one actually sent the guy a PM before you murdered him? Wonderful.

((Mmhmm. It gets very awkward.))

Make a new character, we'll put you in as soon as you have it made. It can be a complete copy if you want.

And if you're gonna be inactive, let someone know. We have a fire wizard who solves his problems via killing people so anyone who is inactive for too long becomes ammo for him.

Make sure to eat her brain and heart. Power and Strength resides in those. Gotta eat to grow big!

"Thank's for lift hyenaman!"
We're gonna get a deathclaw with Kuru aren't we? You eat the brain and heart of the dead lady, despite feeling like her ghost is awkwardly standing right next to you, shaking her head.

"Hey, you guys left me behind. If you care. I know I'm pretty easy to ignore and such."

Go try to find some locals. be sure they can see my sweet bottle-bottom-shaped scar. Ask if anyone is willing to trade a tape recorder.
You hover down off the war beast and follow one of the meandering paths until you reach base of a mesa. At the end of a path is a rather makeshift way up the mesa wall, a combination of wooden ladders, rope and  carved out handholds to let someone climb the sheer side and reach the  flat top. This isn't quite as interesting as the fact that bordering the entire way up is a collection of bones, mostly skulls animal hides, frighteningly ugly wooden masks painted in garish colors and the occasional smoldering thing which might be a rod of incense with the dimensions of a drive shaft.

"Hey, you guys left me behind. If you care. I know I'm pretty easy to ignore and such."

Go try to find some locals. be sure they can see my sweet bottle-bottom-shaped scar. Ask if anyone is willing to trade a tape recorder.
"You are fairly easy to ignore if you wander off without explanation. But you're back now in any case."

Enjoy the praise given to me by the cat or whatever it is that's on my shoulder. Idly inspect myself for any additional physical differences as we move on.
Not checking to see if I have a massive wizard shlong, no, though that may be included if you wanna make a joke about it, PW. I'm not one to take away an honest opportunity like that.

You don't look different as far as you can tell, but you feel a little different. Hard to put your finger on.

Sebastian, looking for more and greater attention, attempts to, through will power and desire, make the warbeast very shiny, and himself even shinier.
[4]
You walk over and spitshine some screws and exposed metal pieces. It, in some small way, makes the warbeast shinier.
((A wizard's staff has a knob on the end))

"Now thiiiis is a fellow who knows... how to parrrty!  Let's get some sea shanties going!"

Sing a nice sailing song for the group.
You excitedly sing a shanty, stamping your feet and charging around the deck trying to get others involved.

If I still have my half-eaten chocolate bar (I don't think Xan ever mentioned taking it), drunkenly offer it to the weird not-dead hyena man as a replacement for his lost thingy. That's a good way to make friends, right?

Otherwise, drink some more then find a nice, safe spot to nap.

((Chocolate for canines! I second this motion!))
((Hyenas aren't canines, they're more like weird noncat cats.
...Probably still allergic to chocolate though.))
Hyenas are from the same suborder as cats; and chocolate is poisonous to cats as well as dogs, so there's a good chance it would be dangerous to hyenas too.

So lets say he rejects it and you just find a nice place to nap.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 27, 2016, 11:33:12 am »

Still doing all this. Fly up the ladders and stuff, looking out for anything actually valuable, but not obviously important. Think that there's probably a village up on top of the mesa.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 27, 2016, 11:48:02 am »

"Can anyone bust ghosts? I feel like here's one staring me."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 27, 2016, 12:01:29 pm »

Great, so despite me saying it twice, no one actually sent the guy a PM before you murdered him? Wonderful.

((We probably each individually assumed someone else would do it/had already done it.))

"Can anyone bust ghosts? I feel like here's one staring me."

"These things happen when you eat brains, clawfriend. Spiritual experiences, you see. That's why aborigines do it in the first place."

Offer Xan scarification services. As our resident shaman he ought to be properly initiated into the role. Maybe get the deathclaw to help!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2346 on: May 27, 2016, 12:42:38 pm »

((We probably each individually assumed someone else would do it/had already done it.))
Goddamn Bystander effect.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 27, 2016, 12:52:07 pm »

I had nothing to do with this.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 27, 2016, 02:15:12 pm »

((I know I assumed I'd done it for some reason but looking through my sent PMs it's obvious I never did. Not sure how I missed that.))

"That'll be the brain you ate, most likely. I can put a ward into your forehead that should help ward it away."

If baby deathclaw agrees, burn a cool-looking pattern into his forehead with a hot poker or sword or other pointy thing/carve it into his forehead with my crab claw. Make an ominous production out of it, relying on his belief to make it real. Observe the results of my first thoughtform.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: May 27, 2016, 03:10:52 pm »

Hmm. good at information retrieval and at distracting and mesmerizing. there is no npc around to mesmerize, so I guess my action will be to
Learn all I can in one turn about how Xan's magic works, so that I may adapt and duplicate it's effects for my own, selfish, attention-getting purposes.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: May 27, 2016, 03:48:12 pm »

((I know I assumed I'd done it for some reason but looking through my sent PMs it's obvious I never did. Not sure how I missed that.))

"That'll be the brain you ate, most likely. I can put a ward into your forehead that should help ward it away."

If baby deathclaw agrees, burn a cool-looking pattern into his forehead with a hot poker or sword or other pointy thing/carve it into his forehead with my crab claw. Make an ominous production out of it, relying on his belief to make it real. Observe the results of my first thoughtform.

((Usually it is GM's burden to remind players when they are up. And player's responsiblity to keep track of the game they wanted to join in. ER is exception.))

"If it makes ghosts go away, then sure. Will it ward all ghosts away?"

Permit Xan's fire brand performance on me. Looks like he knows what he's doing.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 27, 2016, 04:08:22 pm »

((Usually it is GM's burden to remind players when they are up. And player's responsiblity to keep track of the game they wanted to join in. ER is exception.))

"If it makes ghosts go away, then sure. Will it ward all ghosts away?"

Permit Xan's fire brand performance on me. Looks like he knows what he's doing.
((nah. If a player wants in, they will watch the thread. an extended inactivity means interest has waned. It was announced in thread more than once over a several week period. The GM's responisbility lies with what the GM decides is their responsibility as far as that goes.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 27, 2016, 11:45:13 pm »

Keep looking for evidence of deer shank, and questioning people frantically about whether they've seen her. Make sure to check that I definitely am not caring it, I guess (I still do according to the wiki page, but I believe that's just out of date). Continue having the aforementioned nervous breakdown.

((PW: You can process this as an action, or just interpret it as a "wait" post. Whichever you'd prefer.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 28, 2016, 08:22:31 am »

Spoiler: CS (click to show/hide)
((Decided to make a new character.))
((PS: Sorry for not checking in on the thread. I was lurking regularly for a bit, then checked in more periodically.  I just like thought I'd get a reminder, though.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:11:23 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 28, 2016, 09:15:27 am »

I'd like to sign up, though I can't tell if the waitlist is nonexistent or three months long.

Spoiler: is this ok? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:31:16 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 241