Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334322 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2430 on: June 16, 2016, 11:54:07 pm »

"You are really ugly!" Ryans states the fact in his charmingly innocent manner. "Do you have any hearts I can eat?"

Being abrasive child. Offer the arm in my quantum pockets in echange if need for such arises. Not including the watch.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: June 17, 2016, 12:12:26 am »

Go up to the village with the supplies the warbeast is lifting up and make a wizardly first impression.

I'm leaving it vague for your amusement.

(He means to do it without pants on.
That's what wizardly means, right?)

I did mean as amusingly abrasive as piecewise desired, but fine, I'll change it to something more pedestrian.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: June 17, 2016, 01:33:40 am »

Begin patching holes in the platform with the hammer and nails. Give Yoink the axe if he wants to chop/hew more wood.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: June 17, 2016, 05:21:53 pm »

Go up to the village with the supplies the warbeast is lifting up and make a wizardly first impression.

I'm leaving it vague for your amusement.

(He means to do it without pants on.
That's what wizardly means, right?)

I did mean as amusingly abrasive as piecewise desired, but fine, I'll change it to something more pedestrian.

((I think he had it right, actually.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: June 21, 2016, 06:14:59 pm »

Start helping the others with repairing the platform.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2435 on: June 22, 2016, 10:44:59 pm »

((Mr. Bird isn't actually featherless or wrinkled, I feel the urge to note. Bearded vultures look like this.

That is, unless he lost all his feathers somehow, though that would raise the question of how exactly he's flying.))

The remark gives Mr. Bird pause.

Let reality have a moment to sort itself out. Am I still a bearded vulture? And if so, does that affect his reaction in any way?

In any case, return to the warbeast.

I didn't think bearded vulture, I thought normal vulture with bald head. My bad.

In that case he is impressed instead by your freaky ass eyes and little mustache. As well as your habit of eating the dead.

Returned.

Get the Engine Spirit to lift up a few boxes of food and water. Search the warbeast for anything that would fit the scarred man's request. Failing that, guestimate how many of our current 100 nails are absolutely needed for repairs, and how many we can trade away.
You deposit a good amount of the group's food and water up on the mesa before searching around for small metal rods. Unsurprisingly, the nails are the only thing that really works. As per an estimate for usage, you would guess that completely repairing everything would use up 70+ nails. But just repairing the roof would only use 20 odd nails.

((Which horn?  Front, right/left back?  Must know for characterization purposes!))

Pain was great for sobering up, as Dave had learned during his lifetime.  He had caught the lash at least once for drunkenness on the ship.  This really got his attention.

"Aaaahhhh FUCK that hurrrrts!"
Fun fact, unlike the horns of rhinos or the tusks of elephants, dinosaur bones were actually bone protrusions  so breaking one would feel like snapping a femur. I could find no info on if they grow back or not.

The one on your right.

"Dave! Dave! Dave! Dave! Dave!" Sebastian chants. "Yeeeeeee HAAAAA! Pain is gain, buddy. We're on the road to greatness now!"

Sebastian attempts to convince Dave of the value of pain as an aid to growth, and believes really, really hard, that the broken horn will look 'cool.' he continues to point Dave in the direction of any audience we can locate.
[2]
...What were you doing again?

Go up to the village with the supplies the warbeast is lifting up and make a suitably intimidating first impression.
[5]
You stroll out onto the mesa, visibly smoldering  and leaving a trail of smoke and cinders. You emphesize your burn scars and grin with a sense of disfigured pride.

The masked man seems very impressed.

"You are really ugly!" Ryans states the fact in his charmingly innocent manner. "Do you have any hearts I can eat?"

Being abrasive child. Offer the arm in my quantum pockets in echange if need for such arises. Not including the watch.
"As are you, child of bladed fingers. " The man says, with a strange warmth and affection. "And no, I am afraid I do not."

Begin patching holes in the platform with the hammer and nails. Give Yoink the axe if he wants to chop/hew more wood.
Start helping the others with repairing the platform.
You get the roof patched, using 18 nails.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: June 22, 2016, 11:09:03 pm »

This time lift up... 25 nails, a small assortment of weapons, and carefully bring our explosive rocks.
Along with the food and water, this is the extent of what we're willing to trade. Let's see what they're offering in return.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: June 22, 2016, 11:29:50 pm »

"I am Xankarvo the Grand, a mighty wizard when I was alive, and greater still now that I am dead. I am the sole remaining holder of a pact made in the 88,888,888th hell - to find the First Heaven, and usurp the First God, so I may remake the afterlife as I see fit, and unravel the very secrets of creation. Do you and your tribe possess any resources that may aid us on this journey, or people that would wish to accompany us on this journey? Our path is a harsh one, but as I understand it your people value disfigurement, and I know ways to mutate the body that I can offer if you accompany me."

Offer the dude's tribe minion status in exchange for mutation and stuff.

Also don't forget I have a lobster arm, that's probably a thing the dude approves of too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:16:04 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: June 22, 2016, 11:31:36 pm »

((with out actualy having a real alive dinosuare and based on what little bit of info on the subject a google searcn got me, I would assume that the horns would be like teeth. Heck the egg tooth birds have was addapted off a temporary horn most dinos had. So I think it would hurt a hell of a lot, as would chipping a tooth and having it torn out of the flesh. So it would likely grow back, just not exactly horned shaped. As there have been finds of stegosuarus and other dinos with bone injuries.
There have even been tricertops that have had knee fractures that have healed with masses of bone forming around the fracture found as fossil
s
So either it would grow a bit of bone over it but not really be sharp like a horn nor as long as the rest, or it would be like a tooth and grow back slowly and painfully.
Another issue I can see is that the base of the horn also is part of the occular socket
Edit: oh and the boney frills and horns changed as they grew older so that could be considered more evidence for them being like teeth
Oh also http://www.livescience.com/7083-baby-triceratops-skull-suggests-reasons-horns.html aparently the horns had something similar to carotin in them, like that of horns of cattle.
))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:38:09 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: June 22, 2016, 11:33:43 pm »

((Eh, I'll just fuse an arm onto the stump.))
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: June 22, 2016, 11:36:33 pm »

((Well, it is part of the skull.  I'd guess it wouldn't heal the broken part, but would still grow from behind?  Depends on if they grow by being pushed out, or all along.  Either way, it probably would gain length, but never back to its original length?  I dunno.

Triceratops teeth do grow back, and in large numbers, according to what I saw.  Since they grind plant material (and one would assume a lot of it) that makes sense.

Anyway.))

"Damn it all..."

Recover the broken piece.  Slink back to the warbeast.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 22, 2016, 11:40:34 pm »

"I am Xankarvo the Grand, a mighty wizard when I was alive, and greater still now that I am dead. I am the sole remaining holder of a pact made in the 88,888,888th hell - to find the First Heaven, and usurp the First God, so I may remake the afterlife as I see fit, and unravel the very secrets of creation. Do you and your tribe possess any resources that may aid us on this journey, or people that would wish to accompany us on this journey? Our path is a harsh one, but as I understand it your people value disfigurement, and I know ways to mutate the body that I can offer if you accompany me."

Offer the dude's tribe minion status in exchange for mutation and stuff.
"Yup."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 22, 2016, 11:47:31 pm »

((Well, it is part of the skull.  I'd guess it wouldn't heal the broken part, but would still grow from behind?  Depends on if they grow by being pushed out, or all along.  Either way, it probably would gain length, but never back to its original length?  I dunno.

Triceratops teeth do grow back, and in large numbers, according to what I saw.  Since they grind plant material (and one would assume a lot of it) that makes sense.

Anyway.))

"Damn it all..."

Recover the broken piece.  Slink back to the warbeast.
((Well the ends of the horns had the substance similar to those of the shafts of feathers and horns like I said. Also depending on how young the trio is it may continue to grow, but instead of being pointed would instead have a mass of bone on the end. If they do regrow like teeth, the new one would form where the skull part of the horn reaches the surface and push out the old one like how teeth form in the gum.
But yah it would grow back some, with potential to grow to full size again if it is like teeth or deer horns. If they're are not like deer horns where part of the horn is the skull and part is only temporary or can be replaced, then it would grow a bit as the mass of bone would form over the end kinda like a filling for a cavity))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: June 23, 2016, 12:15:48 am »

"Oh bummer." Ryans shoulder's drop a bit fore perking up again. "Do you know where I can find some? I guess I could settle on spare brains too."

Pestering uglies for info.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: June 23, 2016, 02:23:59 am »

Circle around the warbeast, watching for any thieves or murderers who might be approaching.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 241