Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334331 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3225 on: February 13, 2017, 03:10:15 pm »

"Bloody useless little bastard," Mr. Bird mutters.

Keep working at that arrow. Not really anything else to do, is there?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: February 14, 2017, 11:44:32 pm »

[1]
The deathclaw baby yanks the arrow out of one wing, trips, and drives it straight through the other wing.

Baby deathclaw did nothing of the sort. In fact, he's been hanging on warbeast's side with broken leg a while, so Ryan climbs up and complains how they let his dinner get away.

"Where did the crabman come anyway?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3227 on: February 15, 2017, 07:41:01 pm »

Dream drunken dino dreams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0K-Z2H_8vo
I watched this last night very late when I was delirious and it was rather dreamy to me

"Hah! Did you think that would work?!"

Loot the spear still stuck in the warbeast. Swing it around a little to test if it has any special properties.
[6]
You use all your psychic mind bullet power to tear the harpoon out of the beast. It probably has some special powers but none that are immediately obvious.

"The Law of Improbable Unfortunate Occurrences dictates that you are the Comedic Relief, Mr. Bird! If i try to help you now, we'll both meet an unfortunate end. There, there, my fellow. We'll patch you up in the denouement.

Huh. I wonder - the Law of Numerous Mooks dictates that the lone opponent is, in fact, the Hero and will inevitably succeed against said Mooks. I suppose I, as Primary Antagonist, shall met my fate at the Climax, probably by falling dramatically off the warbeast. Fortunately for me, I am the Unkillable Antagonist, and as such, will claw my way out of the rubble in the closing credits. Unless I escape early while the Dragon meets his fate. Which of you is The Dragon?"

Sebastian believes that Mr. bird's wounds are "just flesh wounds" and as such, rather harmless. Meanwhile, he returns to the crew quarters rubble and fetches his handball.

Handball? You may have to remind me.

Hand the group the note? Nah, that's just going with the other ones I have in case I have to use the shell of wishing. I forget what exactly I was writing on, but I had paper from something, I know. And I started with that pen from the beginning of the game.

"You make the mistake of assuming this is a story, my glass orb. It is not. Stories have arcs, rises and falls, beginnings and ends. These heavens are infinite in scope. There is no room for an end to my story, and therefore yours, in the vast infinitudes of this plane. The only absolute, the only thing of any tangible value, is the one I will inevitably grasp at the center. On my own blood, my own self I swore this. That could perhaps be a story. But not this obstacle. It has already been forgotten.

Continue the current path away from the crab thing for about a minute more and then see if it's following us.

Oh, I should probably help the bird. Go do that.

[5] You free mr. bird.

[1]
The deathclaw baby yanks the arrow out of one wing, trips, and drives it straight through the other wing.

Baby deathclaw did nothing of the sort. In fact, he's been hanging on warbeast's side with broken leg a while, so Ryan climbs up and complains how they let his dinner get away.

"Where did the crabman come anyway?"
Sorry, brain fart I suppose. As such, I'm gonna let you climb up, no rolls needed, in spite of your broken leg.

"Bloody useless little bastard," Mr. Bird mutters.

Keep working at that arrow. Not really anything else to do, is there?
Xan frees you from your predicament. What a nice insane power mad wizard he is.

The warbeast wanders for a few minutes and the crab man, despite the loss of his harpoon, doesn't follow. Its still quite a walk towards the mountian sized idols in the distance, though we could easily make it there if you want. Is that what you want?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: February 15, 2017, 08:00:01 pm »

Sure, let's go see the big gods. ((The handball was that gift from the crocodile man - the ball that Sebastian can crawl into to be petted infinitely if he wishes.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: February 15, 2017, 08:24:30 pm »

Sleep through the travel montage.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: February 15, 2017, 11:29:40 pm »

Cautiously get out of my hiding place.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: February 15, 2017, 11:31:48 pm »

Alright, let's get a more detailed description of this harpoon first. Bit of metal on a stick? Bit of chitin on a chitin? Flaming anger rod? Something's severed penis?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #3232 on: February 16, 2017, 12:24:26 am »

Alright! So lets dig out the map....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So...where to?
We travel now.

Looking at the map and remembering what was said about places, Dead Silence seems ... well, I could endure it but maybe not my Most-Beautiful guys. Therefore, head north from wherever we are until we get to the Domain of the Mount King. We're aiming to eventually get to the Black Sun Cult so I can subjugate them so I think heading north from there will be alright until we hit something worthy of attention.

While we're montaging, I believe John had a book on him about blood rituals before he went comatose. See if I can't find it and start reading.

Also, Imma try to create a sort of character sheet I can keep track of in between posts since Comrade's gone and therefore the wiki's not super up to date anymore. Probably edit it in.
Spoiler: Xankarvo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:49:08 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: February 16, 2017, 12:28:51 am »

I want to head towards to Cemiac, so I can talk to a certain limb-dealer.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: February 16, 2017, 12:50:21 am »

Sounds good, if all goes well we can head there after we pass through Black Sun territory.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3235 on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:47 pm »

Sure, let's go see the big gods. ((The handball was that gift from the crocodile man - the ball that Sebastian can crawl into to be petted infinitely if he wishes.))
ah, by handball I thought you meant handball.

You crawl into your handball and get petted in circles.

Sleep through the travel montage.
*gurgle*

Cautiously get out of my hiding place.
You crawl out of hiding and look around. Everything appears safe. Man, your life has been one session of hiding after another lately.

Alright, let's get a more detailed description of this harpoon first. Bit of metal on a stick? Bit of chitin on a chitin? Flaming anger rod? Something's severed penis?
Its shaped something like a 4 sided, upside down Christmas tree, at least the "Blade" part. Looking straight down at it, it looks like a "+" and each side has several large barbs to keep it caught in the flesh of whatever it hits. The blade itself looks to be made out of some kind of silver metal mixed with black veins, while the shaft is pinkish red with an organic-looking pattern carved into it to act as a grip.

Alright! So lets dig out the map....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So...where to?
We travel now.

Looking at the map and remembering what was said about places, Dead Silence seems ... well, I could endure it but maybe not my Most-Beautiful guys. Therefore, head north from wherever we are until we get to the Domain of the Mount King. We're aiming to eventually get to the Black Sun Cult so I can subjugate them so I think heading north from there will be alright until we hit something worthy of attention.

While we're montaging, I believe John had a book on him about blood rituals before he went comatose. See if I can't find it and start reading.

Also, Imma try to create a sort of character sheet I can keep track of in between posts since Comrade's gone and therefore the wiki's not super up to date anymore. Probably edit it in.
Spoiler: Xankarvo (click to show/hide)

You steer the warbeast back around and head north until you hit the barrier between hells and push straight through. The domain of the Mount king is not at all like you expected it; it is indeed a thin strip of land, maybe a few miles wide, with cloud borders obviously visible. But there are no mountains here, at least no natural ones. Instead, there are monstrous towers, each one the size and rough shape of a mountain. The stones of these towers are massive, hundreds of feet long, wide and tall, stacked like the bricks of a bulbous brick oven, wide and squat at the bottom, tapering upwards to a pointed peak, a grand smokestack spewing flame and ash. These towers are melded together at their bases, intermingling, stones meshed together. Windows dot the outside of the towers like the tiny holes of porous pumice, and from these holes, white heads bob up to stare at the war beast. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: February 17, 2017, 01:30:38 am »

Unscrew or otherwise detach the javelin head, and test it on some wood to see if It's a passable drill.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: February 17, 2017, 03:39:34 pm »

Am I fully healed up from the trip?

Make sure that my plant is blooded thoroughly with the replenishing Xanblood of my corpus jar.

Spoiler: Mr. Bird (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: February 17, 2017, 06:00:24 pm »

Sebastian climbs out to the front of the warbeast, where he is in as full view of the 'people' that are watching, and shouts: "Greetings, Fellow Beings, and denizens of the Hall of this rather industrious-looking place! We have come to make your lives interesting! Come, tell us your tales, and we will tell you ours. They are pretty neato, our stories. Especially mine. Butdon't let that intimidate you! We welcome stories of all kinds, and will spread news of your exploits, whoever small, far and wide!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3239 on: February 18, 2017, 10:23:04 am »

Unscrew or otherwise detach the javelin head, and test it on some wood to see if It's a passable drill.
[2]
That proves a lot harder to do then you originally expected. Thing seems very well attached to the shaft. Like your mom on date night

Hey oh.

Am I fully healed up from the trip?

Make sure that my plant is blooded thoroughly with the replenishing Xanblood of my corpus jar.

Spoiler: Mr. Bird (click to show/hide)
[3]
No, but you're feeling better. Good enough to walk around and maybe glide a bit, but hard flying is still out.

The plant has actually grown a fair bit! Enough to sprout a single little grayish fruit the size of a fist and shaped like a human skull. On the other side there's the start of a fruit, a little femur, but its still very tiny. You feed the plant some blood.

Sebastian climbs out to the front of the warbeast, where he is in as full view of the 'people' that are watching, and shouts: "Greetings, Fellow Beings, and denizens of the Hall of this rather industrious-looking place! We have come to make your lives interesting! Come, tell us your tales, and we will tell you ours. They are pretty neato, our stories. Especially mine. Butdon't let that intimidate you! We welcome stories of all kinds, and will spread news of your exploits, whoever small, far and wide!"
[4]
The people seem to notice and take an interest in you, but it's hard to tell if they understand your language or if they're just staring at the noisy thing.

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 241