Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335934 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3315 on: March 03, 2017, 07:37:45 pm »

((Fire is only good when it's also an explosion IMO.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 03, 2017, 08:08:33 pm »

((At long last the memes that I've built up around myself come to fruition! The memes have power!

Assuming the other half of my memedentity doesn't come into play and ensure a hilarious failure.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 03, 2017, 08:29:17 pm »

* Toaster references his quote in your sig
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3318 on: March 04, 2017, 02:29:32 pm »

[6]

There's that Xan dice.

From the warbeast's deck, partially crushed under the giant hand's grasp, Xan cries out against the cruel machinations of fate. And then he strikes his teeth together, throwing sparks down and catching them in his hands. They land on his hands and just sit there a moment before suddenly being pulled in towards a central point, like iron filings pulled to a magnet. The coalesce into a tiny ball of light. Xan opens his hands so that his palms are parallel and apart but his finger tips are touching and the ball hangs in place between them.  And then he blows on it, blows a stream of fire out of his mouth down on the tiny ember. The ember consumes it, pulling the flame in with violent force. He does this for several seconds, till the ember has grown to fill his hands and then he holds it up above his head. And he says the most eloquent and fitting thing he can think of.

"HEY! GIANT HAND THING! FUCK YOU! BANG!"

The ball of fire doesn't so much detonate as it expands outward and encircles the warbeast and a good portion of the hand. Those things that it covers immediately catch on fire; not including any friendly people on the warbeast. It does however include the warbeast deck and the warbeast itself.

The hand, now wreathed in flame, releases the war beast. Unfortunately it releases it from several hundred feet in the air.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 04, 2017, 02:37:57 pm »

"Seriously? Well, rip those guys."

Go talk to one of those ghost people.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 04, 2017, 03:21:04 pm »

Sebastian grandstands on top of the hand.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 04, 2017, 04:27:49 pm »

Hyenakles climbs onto a medium sized nearby statue, and attempts to get his bearings. What can I remember of the map?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: March 04, 2017, 04:28:38 pm »

Shout (crow?) helpful instructions on how to fly or at least glide convincingly to the rapidly incoming people.

The secret, you see, is to land on a great soft bit of gently roasted warbeast flesh.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 04, 2017, 04:48:43 pm »

((Called it))

"BIRDMAN!  HEEEEEELP!"

Appeal to avian friend for help.  Failing that, try to land on something soft.  EDIT Yeah going with Xan seems like a plan
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:34:01 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3324 on: March 04, 2017, 05:25:30 pm »

((I imagine Sebastian like a deranged raider in a mad max movie, shouting "Witness me!" and laughing maniacally while riding the burning hand of a giant monster.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: March 04, 2017, 06:29:51 pm »

((XAN DICE AVAST))

Quickly, use my fire cape to fly! Turn it into a pair of wings temporarily or use it as a parachute or something.

It totally works that way, shut up.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: March 04, 2017, 07:51:46 pm »

"BIRDMAN!  HEEEEEELP!"

"Grab onto Xan!" Mr. Bird says, almost flapping his wings before wincing at the pain his wounds seem to be experiencing. "Or at least try and land on him!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: March 04, 2017, 09:11:06 pm »

((I imagine Sebastian like a deranged raider in a mad max movie, shouting "Witness me!" and laughing maniacally while riding the burning hand of a giant monster.))
It's kinda his sad little lot in life. Well, in this case, it's his totally pretty fucking awesome lot in life. Ride the lightning, little guy, ride the lightning. or, the giant burning fist with an eye in it. Whichever.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: March 05, 2017, 06:56:54 am »

"Woo! How can tiny fireman be stronger than big hand?! Amazing!"

Be amazed down behind the rock. If tiny Xan can do it, then even smaller me can do it better! Hobble to the arm and stab and bite!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3329 on: March 06, 2017, 08:43:25 pm »

"Seriously? Well, rip those guys."

Go talk to one of those ghost people.

[4]
You float up to a window and start talking to one of the ghost people. They're odd looking things, almost like gray aliens. They're extremely tall and very thin, with wide hips, long thin arms and nearly circular heads with large black, almond shaped eyes. They've got a lithe, feminine appearance and their movements make them seem extremely light, like they could float off at any point.

You talk to them and they stare back at you. Its very hard to tell if they understand because they don't speak back or make any sort of move to communicate. But they don't alert the hand either.

Sebastian grandstands on top of the hand.
[3]
The hand is on fire.
You are not on fire. For the moment. But you will be soon.
I suggest you figure something out.

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING BUT ITS PRETTY FREAKING NEAT!" You shout while clinging to the middle knuckle of one of the hand's fingers.

Hyenakles climbs onto a medium sized nearby statue, and attempts to get his bearings. What can I remember of the map?

You climb up on a larger statue and look around. Hmm. The warbeast just walked this way without stopping so there's not a lot to remember. There's not much to see either; just an expanse of white statues and idol sand with the mountain sized idols in the distance.

Shout (crow?) helpful instructions on how to fly or at least glide convincingly to the rapidly incoming people.

The secret, you see, is to land on a great soft bit of gently roasted warbeast flesh.

[5]
"TRY AND LAND ON XAN!"

((Called it))

"BIRDMAN!  HEEEEEELP!"

Appeal to avian friend for help.  Failing that, try to land on something soft.  EDIT Yeah going with Xan seems like a plan
Hold on to him or land on him? Well, we'll go with whatever his dice allow.

((XAN DICE AVAST))

Quickly, use my fire cape to fly! Turn it into a pair of wings temporarily or use it as a parachute or something.

It totally works that way, shut up.

[4]

Xan opens his cape and the triceratops bites hold of his shirt and the both of them parachute off the descending warbeast. Its not a totally perfect plan; they still land hard enough to break Xan's legs and knock the dinosaur out cold, but they live, which is something.

"Woo! How can tiny fireman be stronger than big hand?! Amazing!"

Be amazed down behind the rock. If tiny Xan can do it, then even smaller me can do it better! Hobble to the arm and stab and bite!
You hobble over to the big arm and start nipping at it as best you can. It doesn't really seem to notice, unsurprisingly.

Who else is on the war beast by the way? I think one or two others?

Also harry, I'm gonna assume you took the plant and jar with you.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 241