Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptia: The Hierarch Badlands  (Read 17305 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Post-Apocalyptia: The Hierarch Badlands
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:53:12 pm »

Surrounded by nothing but irradiated sand and rock, lies a city-state under the rule of a totalitarian government known as the Hierarchy. The city by mud-brick walls high enough to deter all but the most dangerous threats of the wasteland surrounding it.

Acting as a trade hub and central transit point between either side of the mountain range the city stands in front of, the Hierarchy profits greatly from the flow of goods and services from both sides. Fresh water is in plenty, trickling down from the mountains, but food is always scarce, and every day is a struggle for those without power or coinage.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Apocalyptia: The Hierarch Badlands
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:01:10 pm »

Noah walked quietly behind the others, his hand always at the ready to grab his laser pistol. For some reason it was colored much differently from the others; brown and orange instead of grey. It was pretty cool, he'd have to say, but he felt bad for stealing it from the man. The guy had a bullet scar in his forehead, too, which didn't help anything either.
"About how much longer until we get there, do you know?" he asked Nikita.

((So, Twin, Nav... Badlands or mountains?))
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:04:12 pm »

((Can you maybe give a few landmarks?))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:17:33 pm »

The badlands side is a dry scrubland, with a dirt road dragging across the dusty landscape towards the western city gates.

The mountainside has an old-world road, in fairly good condition, leading up to the eastern city gates. Convoys loaded with goods frequently pass, and there is also word of a new, mostly untouched Ark in the mountains, which has attracted the attention of scavenger and authority alike.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:21:22 pm »

((What exactly is an Ark again?))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 10:21:56 pm »

((A Vault from Fallout under a different name.))
Black lives matter.

blazing glory

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 10:41:52 pm »

((A Vault from Fallout under a different name.))
((Except everyone's put into sleep instead.))

Harvey approaches from the Badlands side.

"Hrm, hope they don't have a toll, haven't got anything I care to give up on me."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 05:32:50 am »

Harvey approaches from the Badlands side.

"Hrm, hope they don't have a toll, haven't got anything I care to give up on me."

The walls of the city are made of mud-brick, towering above the surrounding wastelands and stretching across quite a whiles.

Harvey reaches the gate, towering several metres above him, with two sentries standing in front of a smaller gate nearby.

"State your business here, traveler."

Akio awakens, his centuries-long sleep finally over. He crawls out of his pod, into an untouched locker room. Unfortunately for him, his fellow arkmates have perished, the glass having shattered and the dessicated corpses of the others sitting inside.

Several lockers are visible in front of him, one having a green light currently active.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

blazing glory

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 05:49:13 am »

Harvey considers this for a while.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't accept wandering around as a valid business, I can't say I'm here to trade because I obviously have nothing to trade, hrm...

"Shelter and a job."

Psh...he wouldn't be able to tell I'm not actually looking for a job.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 05:59:04 am »

Noah walked quietly behind the others, his hand always at the ready to grab his laser pistol. For some reason it was colored much differently from the others; brown and orange instead of grey. It was pretty cool, he'd have to say, but he felt bad for stealing it from the man. The guy had a bullet scar in his forehead, too, which didn't help anything either.
"About how much longer until we get there, do you know?" he asked Nikita.

((So, Twin, Nav... Badlands or mountains?))
The girl he had spoken with looked up from her daze. "I dunno. I'm just as lost as you. Nardo?" she says, turning to the third member of their small group.
((Badlands, I guess?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 06:00:28 am »

A few feet away from the gate Gar sat, reading a book in the shade provided by the wall. On hearing Harvey's voice he sat upright and turned to face the source.

"Harvey? Hey, Harvey! How have you been surviving? Last I saw you you where trying to get parts from some idiots for a car."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:42:44 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 06:13:50 am »

-snip-

"You're in luck ((ha)), scavenger. The Hierarchy has put forth plenty of work mandates with the discovery of several new Arks around this general area, so there's plenty of labor available."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:25:55 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 06:15:38 am »

Akio groans, rubbing at his temples. He has an utterly horrid headache. Only getting worse by the minute. Who woulda thought that being frozen for centuries would dehydrate you so much?

Akio investigates the locker with the green light.

((I shall assume Akio has no knowledge of his shapeshifting yet.))

((Also can you give me a scale of what he could do? I would like to know how Eldritch I should make the eventual accidental first shift.))

blazing glory

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 06:22:08 am »

"Gar? Huh! I thought you would've moved on by now!"

"Unfortunately while said parts were from a car, they were neither the working nor what I was looking for, said idiots apparently thought they'd scam me."

"Enough about me though! Did you ever manage to find that book or whatnot you were looking for?" 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:35:17 am by blazing glory »

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 06:27:38 am »

Kaitlyn Rivers is taking another drink from her Cantina, she is in a typical cowgirl clothing. Cowboy hat  sunglasses, jeans and a checkered black and red shirt.
She is appoaching the gate from the badlands as well. "Well ain't this piss hole lovely?" she mutters to herself.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11