Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! II  (Read 61490 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! II
« Reply #525 on: July 01, 2015, 04:30:05 pm »

Now there's something you don't see everyday.
I've lost control of my life.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 01, 2015, 05:43:27 pm »

CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT
Princess Klackon-Ktsss-Ktss VS. King Tuticane

Spoiler: Gladiators (click to show/hide)

Welcome! Welcome! The final match of our humble tourney. Today on this fine day we have two very deadly competitors facing off upon the great vertigo bridge.

Up first we have the impossible beautiful princess. This royal blooded ant-woman has really shown what four arms can do. Each holding this incredibly potent copper whips that she holds so dearly. This girl has cracked countless skulls just to be a part of the tourney, and several more within its walls. But can here grand skills of lashing really save her from the vile maw of her foe?

A returning manager, _italics_ has brought us his next in line to become champion. After proving his worth as a manager in the previous tournament he has certainly come back, in force, to defend the title. Now here with his mighty serpent king, Tuticane and their paralytic venom, they've eaten all the competition. Donning his regal crown for this battle, he hopes to take the win. For whatever reason a king would be interested in such.

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

What an upset! I say so because, let's all be honest, we thought that the king of venom would easily win out the day. But no, no, no, Klackon gave the poor king a taste of his own medicine with a gnaw of her own! The wise princess made sure not to aim for the head, surely such a helm would defend against any attack, well, don't tell that to Tortox. In the end, the unconcious serpent falls before the in-line ant-woman, may she now have the recognition to become queen!

[/quote]

Thank you so much everyone, sorry I have been so lax on the updates, streaming eats up so much of my time, but it is so worth it! I hope each of you enjoyed this as much as I, see you all again on July 14th for the third tourney!
I've lost control of my life.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 01, 2015, 05:50:18 pm »

Well done Princess,

Il defeat your gladiator one day Tesseract,
one day...

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 01, 2015, 06:20:25 pm »

Oh my! Well, the helmet definitely did its job, but that breastplate would have likely been appreciated for about four fifths of that gruesome combat log.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 02, 2015, 12:32:42 am »

I'm actually relieved that Tortox died in a single hit, after seeing the fury with which Klackon lashed King Tuticane. Well done, princess. Well done.

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 02, 2015, 12:41:51 am »

Victory ! That match was intense! I bit his thumb before opening him and lashing his organs. Thanks for the tournament, Unraveller. It was as fun as last time and I look forward to the next one.

Well played everyone!

I believe that whips are still too strong for their cost.

_italics_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 02, 2015, 04:44:15 am »

WHAT?! Did you not receive the bath salts, Unraveller? She was supposed to be drugged! Oh well, I guess the world is actually better off without his extravagant daily diet, eating a bit of flesh of each of the sentient races at every meal.

Congratulations, Tesseract! I will now download Master of Orion and give the Klackons a total and humiliating subjugation.

It really is pretty difficult to balance this game. However, the whips remove the point of armor from the game a bit too easily.

Results with full steel: tuticane 851 x 149 klackon 85.1% x 14.9%
Results with just the crown: tuticane 834 x 166 klackon 83.4% x 16.6%

So a breastplate wouldn't actually have helped much. Also this shows how good the serpent was, though, I think that was mostly because of the massive amount of skill point difference. Which he actually had *because* of the steel armor versus his semi-final opponent who couldn't penetrate it easily enough. Pre-upgrade I believe he had something like 60% win chance against Klackon, so serpent venom is also pretty OP. But the princess only had leather armor, so...

Anyway, fun round again, thanks for hosting!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:50:27 am by _italics_ »

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 02, 2015, 11:44:48 am »

Well done Princess,

Il defeat your gladiator one day Tesseract,
one day...

All I have to say about that : https://youtu.be/R_eNtBFRc_w?t=5s

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 02, 2015, 06:22:13 pm »

Victory ! That match was intense! I bit his thumb before opening him and lashing his organs.

Do you quarrel, sir!?

BigHatLogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 03, 2015, 01:42:51 am »

Noooo! I forgot about this! I'll have to join the next one if it happens.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 03, 2015, 05:32:32 am »

wonder if mounted combat would be a thing next season. I learn that you can stack loads of combatants onto a single mount.
and creatures with MOUNT tokens can be used in arena as ridden combatants. so tournament owner could just slap the mount token on everyone/thing and set up more match types.
then again this leads to the question how many points does it take for someone to buy a bull or cat to ride into battle?
haven't tested if sharks could be mounted and thus allows for Sea battles, Whale vs Whale Team battles.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 03, 2015, 08:26:22 am »

wonder if mounted combat would be a thing next season. I learn that you can stack loads of combatants onto a single mount.
and creatures with MOUNT tokens can be used in arena as ridden combatants. so tournament owner could just slap the mount token on everyone/thing and set up more match types.
then again this leads to the question how many points does it take for someone to buy a bull or cat to ride into battle?
haven't tested if sharks could be mounted and thus allows for Sea battles, Whale vs Whale Team battles.

I... Oh my. I'm just imagining all of my potential gladiators mounted on mighty steeds etc as well and i thiiink im a bit aroused.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:32:56 am by Mavell_Duceau »

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 03, 2015, 10:59:00 am »

Why haven't team gladiator matches been put in?

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 03, 2015, 01:27:53 pm »

Why haven't team gladiator matches been put in?

We're keeping it simple for the main tournament, but it has been suggested that during the downtime for level-up, matches could be held between the losers with different rules, like team matches, melee, team against monsters, etc. However, it would have to be organized by someone else because Unraveller already has a lot to do with the main tournament.

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 05, 2015, 07:29:56 am »

Also. ahem. OI! Unraveller! Go update the main posts of the thread! Just so it's evident at a glance as to how the competition went :p
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37