- 2 (66.7%)
Yes, but post the AAR WITHOUT screenshots
- 0 (0%)
No.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 21, 2020, 09:10:05 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 21JUN2020)  (Read 23592 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 07:06:18 am »

Kewl update

I'm now working on natural golems. They are found in the caverns and above ground. I might add a mithril Golem in for the lulz
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 03:07:52 pm »

Kewl update

I'm now working on natural golems. They are found in the caverns and above ground. I might add a mithril Golem in for the lulz

Awesome, well, when you get that done, send me the files so I can add them to the mod. And also, do you know anyone who can do trees? I tried modding in a couple of 'colored' trees to add variety to the woods, but it didn't work out as well as I hoped...

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:29 pm »

Sadly my modding expierance is very limited, and my social circle is even more limited,

And my Golems seem to love climbing trees and falling to their deaths... I'm not THAT bad am I guys? Guys? Guys! ... Well, next!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 10:35:06 am »

Have you tried looking at how other mods do natural golems? That's helped me in the past when something's stumped me.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 11:46:38 am »

Quick note for those who are interested in the mod.

I'm planning on implementing a larger ladder in getting to Damascus Steel, as I plan for it to be a near-'end' game metal. As in, you'll probably be thinking of making some Damascus Steel bars right around the time your thinking of breaching into some !!FUN!!. Which means that Damascus Steel will be about as good Adamantine/Iridium/Polidium. Over the time, and the next few updates to the mod, I'll be adding in each of the steps.

Right now, I'm considering Damascus Steel as a 'Tier' 3 Flux Metal. That is, it takes three steps to make. Iron to Steel, Steel to Hard Steel, then Hard Steel to Damascus Steel. By the time the new ladder is fully implemented Damascus Steel will need 7 ~ 10 steps to get it.

This will be the sole thing I'll be doing in regards to metallurgy in the mod or the next few updates. As in, I wont be adding in other ores or any other flux metals. I will be adding a few more underground crops as well as a few non-mineral stones. By update V0.2.0 I plan on having just as many underground plants, as there are above ground plants in Vanilla DF. On the plants, I am also going to be changing a couple of the current mods plants, as well as adding a couple more seasonal plants. There will be at least one plant that can only be grown during one season.

As of right now, V0.1.6a will probably be the largest update since V0.1.0a. This may change.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 02:15:16 pm »

Mod Updated to Version 0.1.6a BETA

Major Changes:
  • Added Soft Steel
  • Added Copper Grass
  • Added Spearmints
  • Added Black Mints
  • Changed Hard Steel to require Soft Steel
  • Reworked Damascus Steel

Minor Changes:
  • Damascus Steel stats updated to more reflect the soon final stats
  • Damascus Steel now requires either Iridium Wafers or Polidium Wafers instead of Mithril and Rune.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 04:51:39 am »

Current Features:
  • 6 farm plants: Icicle Mints, Ice Berries, King's Mushroom, Black Mints, and Spearmints
Are these surface crops or underground crops?

Do these crops do anything at the moment? What's the plan for them?

Also, do you hate skirts?

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 08:28:46 am »

Current Features:
  • 6 farm plants: Icicle Mints, Ice Berries, King's Mushroom, Black Mints, and Spearmints
Are these surface crops or underground crops?

Do these crops do anything at the moment? What's the plan for them?

Also, do you hate skirts?

These crops are all underground. Not sure what you mean, but all of these crops are drink producing crops, and as the name implies Ice berries are a fruit berring plant. (As is the Cave Celery, which I forgot to add...)

Why do you ask about skirts?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 10:18:28 am »

The mod changes the setting for both skirts and long_skirts from "common" to "uncommon".

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 10:38:15 am »

The mod changes the setting for both skirts and long_skirts from "common" to "uncommon".

Do you have any other mods installed? As my mod only has new metals, stones, plants, and ores. It does not change anything to do with anything.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2016, 12:14:03 pm »

This seems interesting, but I'm hesitant to gen a new world without knowing more about the added metals. How would you rank their utility alongside the vanilla ores?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2016, 01:14:37 pm »

Do you have any other mods installed? As my mod only has new metals, stones, plants, and ores. It does not change anything to do with anything.

I was comparing the raws with vanilla Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05. It looks like the farming mod makes skirts less common with humans (or whatever the "PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_SKIRT" and "PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_SKIRT_LONG" tags of the entity_default.txt control).

This seems interesting, but I'm hesitant to gen a new world without knowing more about the added metals.

I kind of wish the metal mod and farming mod were two separate mods that were compatible with each other (like with Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod). That way users have more control over which features are being extended and which aren't. Maybe call them "Seiggrain Farming" and "Seiggrain Metalurgy" or something like that to make it clear that the mods are siblings.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 08:23:19 am »

This seems interesting, but I'm hesitant to gen a new world without knowing more about the added metals. How would you rank their utility alongside the vanilla ores?

I've discussed this before:
PTW

This looks like it might something that I really want to add to the game to have some more fun with it.

Well, that's what spawned the mod in the first place. I wanted to have a little fun with adding some stuff into Dwarf Fortress, and it's grown a bit from how it started. As you may notice, it started with only 3 things added to the game. the ore Aether, and two plants Icicle Mints and Kings Mushroom. It's grown into more as I've added and tested each element. And as I have told Ryukan, all the help in the making of this mod is appreciated. I'm limited in my abilities to do stuff, so even just bug testing is welcomed, as are suggestions.

At the moment, I'm looking to add a couple of new trees, as well as a few more ores into the mod for the next update. Probably around 6 or 7 things will be added. As well, I'll be working on rearranging the current ores in the mod, making them more 'tiered'  instead of flat stats as they are now. In the end, I plan on having it like this, Dragonite will be around Copper level, Aether will be a bit better then iron, Hettlion and Hard Steel both are a bit better then Steel, and Rune/Mithril will be around Platinum, instead of what they are now. Iridium and Polidium won't be changed as they are both at where I want them to be.

I was comparing the raws with vanilla Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05. It looks like the farming mod makes skirts less common with humans (or whatever the "PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_SKIRT" and "PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_SKIRT_LONG" tags of the entity_default.txt control).

This seems interesting, but I'm hesitant to gen a new world without knowing more about the added metals.

I kind of wish the metal mod and farming mod were two separate mods that were compatible with each other (like with Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod). That way users have more control over which features are being extended and which aren't. Maybe call them "Seiggrain Farming" and "Seiggrain Metalurgy" or something like that to make it clear that the mods are siblings.

I may do something like that in the future when the two parts of the mod get large enough. As of right now, I feel that they aren't large enough on their own to warrant separate mods. As I've said in the past, this is just the BETA phase of the mod, things will be a lot different in V1.0.

And on the skirts thing, that's an unintentional side effect. I've only messed around with the Dwarves in the entity_default.txt. None of the other races have been touched. As I said before, all I've done is add more plants, ores, and metals. The only reason this mod also contains an entity_default.txt is so that anyone who downloads the mod, has access to all of the metals.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 03:45:06 pm »

Updated mod to Version 0.1.6b BETA

Minor Changes:

• Rearranged the layout of the metals. This is only an Aesthetic change, as this should cause the new Steels to appear near each other, in order of creation.
  • Fixed duplicate raws.
  • Fixed syntax error in the Reaction to create Damascus Steel.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 09:42:51 pm »

For those of you who use/follow this mod, I apologize for the lack of updates in the last few months, I was working on a major update or the mod, which at the time would have added around 20 to 30 new items to the game. I was just about done with most of the work, and would have been ready for a V0.2 release of the mod by next week.

Then a couple o days ago, a fatal error happened on the lap top I use to work on the mod, as well as the YouTube stuff I do. This caused me to have to factory reset my computer. As I did not back up any of my files, I lost the work I had done. Due to this, V0.2a will be delayed for awhile longer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5