- 2 (66.7%)
Yes, but post the AAR WITHOUT screenshots
- 0 (0%)
No.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 21, 2020, 09:10:05 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 21JUN2020)  (Read 23605 times)

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 12:12:06 pm »

Updated mod to Version 0.1.7a BETA, the first part of the 'major' 0.2.0a Update.

Major:
  • Added Orichalcite, the Ore for Orichalcum
  • Added Orichalcum, needs both Iron and Orichalcite
  • Added Gold-laced Orichalcum, a 'costemtic' alloy of Gold and Orichalcum.
Minor:
  • Changed the entity_default for skirts from UNCOMMON to COMMON for humans, at Jecowa's suggestion.

So, after much thought, I realized the discrepancy between the two entities was that I was still using the old 0.42 entity default raws in version 43. All I had done, was essentially 'move' them forward. My reasoning behind doing this, was that the mod did not change any of the vanilla files, save for the entity default file, to enable the reactions. I figured that no one would have an issue with this, as it's such a small thing I had changed.

Keep in mind, I will work on any suggestions you people have for the mod first, before working on the stuff I have planned. With in reason of course. I only work with editing the raws of plants and minerals/stones. I can't seem to get Trees, or living beings to work properly. As well, if you have a mini-mod that you feel could add to things to my mod, please PM me about this, as I'm always looking for 'partners' to help work on the mod.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 02.11.17)
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 06:36:28 pm »

With this update, the Damascus Steel route is completed, I may add branches out sometime in the future, though I will be focusing on the Orichalcum/Dwarven Steel route in the next few updates. As well, I've begun the third metal route, Diamondium.

Mod updated to Version 0.1.8a BETA

Major changes:
  • Added Maganosium, an ore that can give Dragonite or Aether
  • Added Diamondite, an ore that can give Diamondium or Gold
  • Added Light Steel, a sub alloy in the Damascus Steel Route
  • Added Heavy Steel, a sub alloy in the Damascus Steel Route
  • Added Water Berries, a berry that appears in all non-freezing biomes
Minor:
  • Hard Steel now requires Light Steel
  • Damascus Steel now requires Heavy Steel
  • Fixed error in raws that made the metals appear a bit to the right.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 09.07.17)
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 09:14:50 pm »

Added a short poll to determine what people are interested in seeing in the mod at it's current form, before I start working on the next update. The poll will go for the rest of the month.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 09.08.17)
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 06:10:51 pm »

Mod updated to Version 0.1.9a BETA

Major Changes:
  • Added Whiskle Root
  • Added Cave Asparagus
  • Added Shadow Grapes
  • Added Shiitake Mushrooms
  • Added Portabella Mushrooms
  • Added Green Runestone
  • Added Red Runestone
  • Added Purple Runestone

Minor Changes:
  • Changed Runestone's entity tag from RUNESTONE to BLUESTONE
  • Changed Runeite's location from RUNESTONE to BLUESTONE
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:15:37 pm by SeiggrainHart »

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 01.21.18)
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 03:13:05 pm »

Mod updated to Version 0.1.10a BETA

Major Changes:

• Added Metal Crucible, a custom workshop where most mod metals can be acquired from.
  • All metals that are beyond smelting a single ore now are made in a Metal Crucible.

Minor Changes:

• Changed Shiitake Mushroom's Raw to fix the duplicate "Kings Spawn."
  • Changed Portabella Mushroom's Raw to fix the duplicate "Kings Spawn."
  • Fixed error in the Entity_Default raw, causing the dwarves to be able to make a non-existing "Spartant" metal instead of the proper "Spartan" metal.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 11:01:07 pm »

Hey would you mind explaining a bit what the new metals and foods actually do? I want to use a mod like this, but I am curious how they compare to steel/adamantine/silver for armor and weapons. and what makes the foods different than plump helmets besides flavor text.

I think if that was in your first post you would get a lot more interest
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 06:39:43 pm »

Yeah, do your crops give the eater any special abilities? Or do they have a higher item value or something? If not, it would be really cool if you could add some special effects to the plants, such as the shadow grapes giving a temporary boost to sneaking for use in stealth raids or something. It could even be something small, such as the whiskle root increasing beard length or something, I know a lot of people on this forum would sell their first born child for something as dwarfy as that  :P.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 12:50:27 am »

Hey would you mind explaining a bit what the new metals and foods actually do? I want to use a mod like this, but I am curious how they compare to steel/adamantine/silver for armor and weapons. and what makes the foods different than plump helmets besides flavor text.

I think if that was in your first post you would get a lot more interest

Yeah, do your crops give the eater any special abilities? Or do they have a higher item value or something? If not, it would be really cool if you could add some special effects to the plants, such as the shadow grapes giving a temporary boost to sneaking for use in stealth raids or something. It could even be something small, such as the whiskle root increasing beard length or something, I know a lot of people on this forum would sell their first born child for something as dwarfy as that  :P.

I've been over the metals a couple of times now, though I'll go over it again as I'm probably going to change the layout again by V0.2 and I've added more metals since I last talked about it anyway... This isn't how it is right now, but by the time I release V0.2 the metals will more reflect this layout:
  • 1. Dragonite will be only slightly better then Copper, though will be a very valuable metal due to it being involved in the creation of the higher tier alloys.
  • Aether will be better then Iron, but not as good as Steel, causing it to be a good source of early game military weapons/armors.
  • Hettlion, as an Alloy of Aether and Copper, is slightly better then Steel
  • Soft/Hard Steel and Light/Heavy, will be 'utility' metals not really good for anything but "upgrading" into other, more advanced metals. This is because their primary goal is to be the stepping stones that push back the creation of...
  • Damascus Steel, as I've said before is a non-Adamantine type of end game metal, and therefore reflects this.
  • Orichalcum, due to it being a alloy of Orichalcite and Iron will be slightly better then both Aether and Iron, but again, not as good as Steel. (Orichalcite does not have its own metal, and instead is solely used in the creation of Orichalcum.)
  • Gold-Laced Orichalcum and Rust Gold both are also 'utility' metals, but will also viable for mid-game military use.
  • Diamondite/Diamondium as a metal similar in structure to diamond will be better then Platinum, but not at Adamantine level.
  • Rune and Mithril will also be around Platinum.
  • Refined Orichalcum and Refined Diamondium will both be just under Adamantine, making them good late-mid-game military metals.
  • Spartan Iron will be the second non-adamantine type of end game metal, to be made around the time you're also making Damascus Steel. (Unless you have the version that also has my cheat reactions, as that has one for Damascus Steel if I remember correctly...)
  • I think that's it?

As much as I love the idea of putting that list on the front page for the thread, due to the stage the mod is in causing the metal list to be in constant flux, I'd have to update it every time I change something, and I'd rather focus on updating the mod itself. I might do one once most of the metals I'm planning have been added in, and their places locked in.

And on the plants, right now due to my limited knowledge and ability in modding Dwarf fortress all they are right now is just more plants. They don't give special bonuses or anything like that, but that definitely is in the road-map of things to do. Just as soon as I figure out how to do such things. I'll definitely mark you down for the idea with Shadow Grapes, maybe find a way to make such things viable in Adventure Mode?

Though that sounds like it would need something like Dwarf-hack in order to work. I'm trying to avoid adding such things to my mod for as long as I can, to keep compatibility as high as I can. I might be running the mod on version 0.44.x of Dwarf Fortress, but what about when 0.45.0 comes out? I, and anyone who plays with my mod, would have to wait until Dwarf-hack updates to 0.45.x in order for us to use what ever cool new features the update might have. (Like magic? Or an actual economy?)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2018, 11:28:02 am »

You can do a lot of things with plants that don't require dfhack, a good example you could use to help you figure out how to do so is the Rise of The Mushroom Kingdom (ROTMK) mod's plants. It uses syndromes caused by ingesting the plant to grant recuperation, special attacks, and a whole lot more without dfhack. In case you'd like to see an actual example of it I went ahead and snipped a little bit of the raws for you, see if you can make sense of what they did:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some of this would require setting up your own interactions and stuff, but that shouldn't be that far off the path from normal modding. Hope this helps.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 10:49:06 pm »

You can do a lot of things with plants that don't require dfhack, a good example you could use to help you figure out how to do so is the Rise of The Mushroom Kingdom (ROTMK) mod's plants. It uses syndromes caused by ingesting the plant to grant recuperation, special attacks, and a whole lot more without dfhack. In case you'd like to see an actual example of it I went ahead and snipped a little bit of the raws for you, see if you can make sense of what they did:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some of this would require setting up your own interactions and stuff, but that shouldn't be that far off the path from normal modding. Hope this helps.

Yeah, as I've said right now at the stage I'm at right now, all I'm doing is adding in the metals and plants. Once that's about 60% done, then I'll start working on other stuff.
As a frame of reference, metals are about 17% done and plants are 30%.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2018, 11:28:16 pm »

as a heads up to those following this thread, and this mod... The next update will be V0.2.0a, and will mainly focus on redoing the reactions for the mod's alloy metals. There will be two version of each reaction. A regular one, which will be a slightly modified version of the current reactions, giving 1~2 bars each, and a "Bulk" version, which will need double the reagents but give ~10 bars. For now, each of these reaction will once again be in the Metal Crucible, but this might change in the future.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 08:47:04 pm »

I added a second poll asking if I should make a spreadsheet detailing the metal tree. Should I include "?" spaces for metals that will be added in future updates? Or just include the current metals? ???
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:13:26 am by SeiggrainHart »

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2018, 08:40:19 am »

Metallurgy crafting tree is now up on Google Docs!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FLqVxrztJAFKCwR-BMzV-ZOyfvVDpQsfwJ_7zqnXLl4/edit?usp=sharing

Expect V0.2.0a sometime this week.

To explain the crafting tree. Each "section" is set by the base metal that starts each tree. So the "Iron crafting tree" starts with a bar of iron. And the Oricalcum tree starts the same, but with a bar of Oricalcum instead.
These starting metals are called "Tier One" metals, so the stage they're at is 1. To create a stage 2 metal, you need ores/bars from Stage 1. Same thing going on. So to create a Stage 5 metal, you need bars from Stage 4, which will need stage 3 bars, and so on.
This is a simple system that only shows which stage a metal is. It does not show what metals you need to create the next stage. For that, you'll need to go in game.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:42:15 am by SeiggrainHart »

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 11:18:31 pm »

Mod updated to version 0.2.0a BETA

Major Changes:
  • Added 'bulk' reactions for each of the metal crucible's metals.
  • Created a Metals Spreadsheet that shows a rough outline for each of the metal trees. Also shows an outline for future updates.

Minor Changes:
  • Fully fixed Spartan metal's raws, so it now properly spawns into worlds.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2018, 11:44:06 am »

According to the raws, diamondite smelts to DIAMONIUM instead of DIAMONDIUM. That may cause some problems.

The reactions for smelting refined orichalcum are [REACTION:REFIND_ORICHALCUM_MAKING] and [REACTION:BULK_REFIND_ORICHALCUM_MAKING], while in the entity file it's REFINED_ORICHALCUM

Also, reactions for hettlion are called "make hettion bars". This doesn't affect anything really, but it's still an inconsistency
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5