- 2 (66.7%)
Yes, but post the AAR WITHOUT screenshots
- 0 (0%)
No.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 21, 2020, 09:10:05 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 21JUN2020)  (Read 23487 times)

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 01.21.18)
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2018, 08:40:10 pm »

According to the raws, diamondite smelts to DIAMONIUM instead of DIAMONDIUM. That may cause some problems.

The reactions for smelting refined orichalcum are [REACTION:REFIND_ORICHALCUM_MAKING] and [REACTION:BULK_REFIND_ORICHALCUM_MAKING], while in the entity file it's REFINED_ORICHALCUM

Also, reactions for hettlion are called "make hettion bars". This doesn't affect anything really, but it's still an inconsistency

Thank you for the noting on both Diamondite and Orichalcum. I always run a few test games, both from me and from a few other people I know personally that play Dwarf Fortress, to see if anything needs fixing. I can not say about Diamondite, as I've yet to actually run into it, but it seems there's no issue with the Orichalcum, as my dwarves are able to make it just fine. It seems the names of the reactions means nothing. But, I'll fix it anyway for consistency. Same thing with Hettlion. Not sure how this has gone unnoticed until now.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2018, 05:21:33 am »

If you want to test out super rare metals or something but you can't do so because you can never find it, just make it super common for your test and then turn it back to rare once you've determined that it's worked. Saves a lot of time and helps fix those "I can't find it, but it probably works so I'm going to let it be" moments.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2018, 01:17:38 pm »

If you want to test out super rare metals or something but you can't do so because you can never find it, just make it super common for your test and then turn it back to rare once you've determined that it's worked. Saves a lot of time and helps fix those "I can't find it, but it probably works so I'm going to let it be" moments.

It's not a rare metal actually. I just haven't lucked out and ran into any yet.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2019, 12:22:52 am »

FYI to all of those watching the thread, I'll be updating the official version to V0.2.1a sometime in the coming next two weeks. Might wait to do it until I stream DF next.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 03.01.19)
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2019, 12:57:37 pm »

Mod updated to Version 0.2.1a BETA

Major:

• Added Cobalium, an ore found in clusters of Cobaltite
  • Added Cobalt-Steel, an alloy of Cobalium and Steel
  • Added Refined Cobalium, an alloy of Cobalium
  • Added Carbon Steel, an alloy of Cobalt-Steel and Carbon
  • And other things, full list of changes is not remembered.

Minor:

• Adjusted Aether Grass's raw to fix "BIOM" error
  • Several other bug fixes that are not remembered.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 08FEB2020)
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2020, 08:17:42 pm »

Just a quick heads up to those still following this, but I'll be working a lot on the mod these next couple of weeks, while I work out any kinks for the latest update of Dwarf Fortress. Expect Version 0.2.2a on at least this coming up Friday, maybe early Monday, depending on how much time is spent playing DF instead of working on the mod.

As well, Version 0.3.0a will be reserved as the first Steam Release, if they enable Workshop support right away that is. I am not sure if I will maintain this thread or the DFFD versions, or if it will be a Steam Workshop exclusive mod however. As of right now, I'll probably be maintaining this thread as the main bug-report repository.

peli082

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2020, 01:28:14 am »

I have a suggestion. The Seasonal growing of crops.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2020, 09:16:50 am »

I have a suggestion. The Seasonal growing of crops.

Oh? Please elaborate?

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2020, 09:14:57 am »

The mod's update will be uploaded in a bit, once I put some finishing touches on it.

As well, I've added a poll for something that I've been thinking of doing. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, an "AAR" is short for "A.fter A.ction R.eport" and can be quickly described as a single player version of a Succession Fort. It will follow the 'daily life' of a chosen Dwarf of the initial seven, up until that dwarf death, instead of the usual "Passing it off to someone else's chosen Dwarf after 1~2 years of play." like Succession Forts.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2020, 01:49:28 pm »

A bit late, but Mod updated to Version 0.2.2a BETA. I for the life of me, do not remember everything I have added/changed since the last update nearly a year ago. To avoid this, I will try uploading updates more often. I'm thinking once or twice a month if/when I work on the mod.

Kolbalt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 02:42:21 pm »

It's an amazing mod, though I cant seem to find the metal crucible (Its not in workshops or furnaces, though I might be blind and missing it)

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2020, 02:35:45 am »

It's an amazing mod, though I cant seem to find the metal crucible (Its not in workshops or furnaces, though I might be blind and missing it)

Thank you for bringing up this issue, I did not notice this in the initial testing. The Metal Crucible is supposed to appear under Workshops, however it does not in Version 0.2.2a because.... I forgot to copy over the building_mod file into the Version 0.2.2a folder from the previous version.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seiggrain's Farming and stuff (Update 21JUN2020)
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2020, 10:22:12 am »

Mod updated to Version 0.2.2b BETA

Major:
  • Properly Fixed the issue of the Metalsmith's Crucible not showing up in game.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2020, 05:25:07 pm »

Just a bit of a heads up, but while I'm not entirely sure what all 0.2.3a will have, it will ALSO have a test creature in it that I'll be working on as a sort of initial species part of the mod. It won't be 'sapient,' but it's adding in more creatures has always been something I'd like to do.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2021, 03:36:02 pm »

Once more, while it's been some time since an update, due to me not really having time to come on here due to changes in my life situation, but here's an update.

0.2.3a BETA will NOT be having a test creature in it, due to me not able to make things work properly, and will push the creature adding off to either version 0.3 or 0.4.

Instead, the remaining 0.2.x updates will be focussing on finishing up the current Metallurgy trees of Iron, Orichalcum, Diamondium, and Cobalium.
The updates will be as follows:

0.2.3a:
Iron Crafting tree up to "Stage" 9.

0.2.4a:
Orichalcum Crafting tree up to "Stage" 9.

0.2.5a:
Diamondium Crafting Tree up to "Stage" 5.
Cobalium Crafting tree up to "Stage" 5.

0.2.6a:
Diamondium Crafting Tree up to Stage 9.

0.2.7a:
Cobalium Crafting Tree up to Stage 9.

0.2.8a:
All Crafting Trees up to Stage 10.

0.2.9a:
Stage 10+ Forge added.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5