Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Get rid of migrants in favor of petitions  (Read 3476 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Get rid of migrants in favor of petitions
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 02:37:52 pm »

Would this lead to us being able to request dwarfs with specific skills from the mountainhomes? Because I am all for that.

Pray that the Dwarf Monarch hasn't mandated that all cheese-makers are to be dictatorially exiled/emigrated to overrule your request.

alternatively you could make a burrow full of connected floor grates over lava (since it is a orthogonal construction meaning that its mandatory to be attached to something solid like a wall, i recommend a series of 2x2 corridors forming a box as good as you can get it for floorspace) attach lever mechanisms, pull the trigger and watch them melt in your migrant foundry.

And then what? The legendary blacksmith, related to that dabbling cheesemaker, goes berserk?

No dwarf would ever do something so horrible as melt other dwarves. Unless they were insane, of course, but most dwarves are only moderately insane.
You forget the mindset  of the one who makes them do it..

To the point. if you can't confiscate their items before they go in, atleast find a way to drain the lava and pick up metallic objects for hoarding/melting down ironically. Point taken on board burrow a unrelated dwarf to pull the lever and check relationships before dropping them.

illiousintahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 05:12:28 am »

And then what? The legendary blacksmith, related to that dabbling cheesemaker, goes berserk?

No dwarf would ever do something so horrible as melt other dwarves. Unless they were insane, of course, but most dwarves are only moderately insane.
[/quote]

Forum Poster is in a 'Fell' mood and has created Ibsonsjerk the dwarf bone post.
Dwarves do very 'creative' things to other dwarves inherently.
One time I had only just started playing (1 Urists in Year) and i had one dwarf as the main admin goto jerk... well wouldn't you know it of all the people this fell mooded dwarf chose to gut and bone was my Leader.. the admin/book keeper/manager/hammerer/etc.
Turned him into a bone shield like a diablo 2 Necromancer.
I was not happy, but with how leadership is often arbitrarily assigned & how dwarves would see desk jobs as opposed to good hard labour... I was understanding.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 05:15:47 pm »

I suggest adding a citizenship test to the thing and naming it the Donald Trump mod/update. Mandatory megproject: a wall around the map to keep all southern enanos out. And wigs as default wearable head piece. :P :D ;)
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 08:32:33 pm »

Wrong forum Leo.

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 08:53:01 am »

I'd also like it if you could ask visitors to stay in the fort, like a petition going the other way. You might even send your noble out with a gift. "If you'll accept this -gabbro crown-, will you join, get your own room, slave away at our furnaces and probably have your children killed to make room for more adults?"
Pages: 1 [2]