Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Flight Simulations (IL-2, RoF, DCS, etc)  (Read 35677 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flight Simulations (IL-2, RoF, DCS, etc)
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2015, 10:52:57 pm »

I'd still recommend the T-16000m
Thanks, I've seen that stick before but I could never figure out the name of it. Right now I have a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro which gets the job done well enough. I can say that the best thing about that Cyborg Fly 5 or whatever it's called is the throttle feels really nice, like it has a bit of resistance to it and you can switch it into two parts if you need to manage two engines separately. Everything else about the stick is pretty blah though.
I hope DCS World 1.5/2 introduces flyables with multiple player positions for sure!
I'm 90% positive that they said they were adding it because the F-14 is going to have it. The question is whether it will be added to some of the existing aircraft.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2015, 12:20:47 am »

The CH sticks all have 2 trim wheels (for adjusting the center position) and a throttle wheel with almost no resistance.

I actually like the way CH has so little, returning spring force; I really dislike the Saiteks for the heavy spring force and how it changes in strength when out of the middle zone.

I've grown to love the pedals and they are a valid controller for other games too such as Mechwarrior and driving games, unlike the joystick.

On the inaccuracy: CH uses old fashioned pots instead of HALs, and they get worn in use. You can order new ones from their webstore, they're a couple of dollars a piece. I need order one myself for the stick's Y axis pot.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #347 on: August 14, 2015, 08:57:09 am »

Good to know they sell replacements! My pedals could use the refresh.

Although, one of these days I'd love to do a Hall effect sensor mod.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2015, 03:26:24 pm »

I understand nothing about electronics, so I'll probably not bother with mods ;D Although making one from scratch ought to be interesting...

So much for not getting into DCS again until the patch... been flying the A-10C. I've memorised the start sequence by heart, and figured out how to use the ILS and TACAN systems. I can now land in the wooooorst visibility! About 15-20 seconds from runway visual to touchdown. I'm pretty proud of that! Next up, I need to figure out countermeasures, and actually learn the differences between all of the ordnance available.

Playing online is fun, and some people are helpful, though interaction is relatively limited. Will be trying to figure out FC3's F-15 at some point too. Not so much interest in the russian planes. Can't wait for more of their sales to grab some more planes.

Unbeknownst to me, my squadron is also flying DCS P-51D missions. Joined in on one, they're good fun. Except when you have some toggles in the wrong position and your bombs aren't armed........ ;P
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]