Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Child Labor....  (Read 2411 times)

Retro42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Child Labor....
« on: March 20, 2008, 10:37:00 pm »

Using Dwarf Foreman (great program btw) I made an interesting discovery...

Children and Nobles can be assigned tasks like normal dwarves with this tool.

As a nice bonus my booze factory is run by tiny little bearded kids :D

Retro

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Child Labor....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 10:39:00 pm »

"You have CHILDREN working in your fortress!?" "Ahh.. no, those are gnomes... really!"

Retro42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 11:31:00 am »

There's a reason dwarves are more inherently bad-ass than elves.....You work in a dwarven brewery the first few "years" of your life and tell me how tough you would be.

Retro

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »

Forget child labor, noble can do refuse hauling. Set them on item hauling and cleaning and watch them walk outside in the middle of a siege. Send out the hammerer to face the goblins.

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 03:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by THLawrence:
<STRONG>Forget child labor, noble can do refuse hauling. Set them on item hauling and cleaning and watch them walk outside in the middle of a siege. Send out the hammerer to face the goblins.</STRONG>

Bwahahaha. I can imagine the fun. but what happens if He dies? Does a new hammerer come?

GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »

Yeah, dwarves are tough as all get-out. Have a woodcutter chop down most of a forest, lug back a stack of logs, and mid-stride squirt out a kid and gather it in her free hand.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 05:48:00 pm »

I'd hate to break it to you, but elves can technically become significantly more powerful than dwarves. They move 25% faster and live forever. Imagine if you will, an immortal champion that becomes legendary in every skill.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

Yeah, but they take more damage than other races and wear narrow wooden armor. As far as I'm concerned, elves are fast moving kindling.

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 02:09:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hague:
<STRONG>I'd hate to break it to you, but elves can technically become significantly more powerful than dwarves. They move 25% faster and live forever. Imagine if you will, an immortal champion that becomes legendary in every skill.</STRONG>

I have a feeling that the elves that survive to the year 1050 in the upcoming release will be the kind of creatures that will tear a bronze colossus in half with their bare hands.

(Although I suppose that all (most?) of the megabeasts lack set lifespans as well; if any of them can learn skills, they'll probably put the elves in their place.)

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 02:37:00 am »

Huh... Dont think it quite works like that. I mean, if it was then the elven merchants would be buffed to max from hauling my hundreds of mugs into their wagons, me and every other would be frontiersmen over the years. I think the elves are just naturally  too lazy to really develop their skills to that degree.
GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slinkyfest:
<STRONG>...elven merchants...</STRONG>
<STRONG>...their wagons...</STRONG>

Something just doesn't look right, but I can't put my finger on it...
 :D

I think the reason Elves aren't all kinds of buffed out is the whole "rainbows and lollipops" way the tree-hugging hippies live.

OH how I hate those Elves!

Slinkyfest

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Canuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 12:42:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Boatmurderer:
<STRONG>
Something just doesn't look right, but I can't put my finger on it...
  :D

I think the reason Elves aren't all kinds of buffed out is the whole "rainbows and lollipops" way the tree-hugging hippies live.

OH how I hate those Elves!</STRONG>

Heh heh... Fair enough, to their mules and camels then. I wonder If I could drop a puppy onto my trade depot, splatter them ALL with the blood of innocents... Maybe even take out one of the tree huggers with my wee-canine orbit-to-ground-projectile.

GENERATION 25:

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 11:50:00 am »

THERE HIPPYS TREE HUGGING HIPPYS LIVE FOREVER MY ASS ITS CUASE ALL THEM DAM DRUGS THEY USE AND THE HUGE INBREDING PROGRAM THEY GOT, THEY DONT LIVE FOREVER THAY ALL LOOK THE SAME
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

They just think they live forever.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster