Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Key Problems  (Read 1252 times)

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Key Problems
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:03:00 am »

I was wondering if anyone else has had this sort of problem. Recently, I have had my keys just started doing something weird. Specifically my q key used to select dwarves and their job list. Now all it does is select buildings like the T key. Anyone know what I did without knowing? It is really killing my desire to play the game since it is just about really annoying thing to go through to get to their job listings.

N0ught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Key Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 12:11:00 am »

The "v" key selects dwarves and other creatures.
The "q" selects buildings.

Nothing wrong with your keyboard.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:36:00 am »

Did you change your key bindings, or redownload the game?  What you describe as being weird is what the default values are for the game.  I believe you can change the key bindings through the interface.txt file in your data/init folder.  It might be a pain to go through it all just to get to a few specific commands, but if its bothering you that much it could be worth the trouble.

Wood Gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:10:00 am »

you can also change key bindings from the same main menu where you can save or abandon the fortress, i believe.  the instructions for changing "in-game" are given along with the list of current key bindings.
cause of unexplainable mischief

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 01:17:00 am »

Wow, I dunno why I thought it was Q... I feel kind of dumb. I guess my brain just decided it was time for V to turn into Q in its twisted self. Yeah, everything is fine, I am just a little screwy.