Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Empty coffin.  (Read 1479 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Empty coffin.
« on: August 09, 2007, 03:55:00 am »

One of my metalsmith died, so I made a coffin for him.
When I enabled that coffin, I saw:

This is the resting place of Tun Libashnekol, Miner.

But that miner was drowned last year, no corpse left.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Re: Empty coffin.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 03:59:00 am »

I know it's werid, but they always place it in order of who died first. If there is no body/corpse I think its becomes a sort of memorial to them.

Its espcialy annoying when you make that hero's tomb for your fallen axedwarf who single handley fought of a goblin seige, only to find his coffin to be taken by that idiot fisherman who fell asleep on the bridge during the floods.

warfs are fearless...unless they are interupted by a deer.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:16:00 am »

If you want a particular person to take a coffin, assign it to them (while they're still alive).
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 05:20:00 am »

You could also try removing then rebuilding the coffin until you get the right dead dwarf in.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 05:25:00 am »

Hi!

But doesn't require assigning a coffin mean you are making a tomb? In that case, they will want to place all the possessions of the deceased in the tomb as well (hauling them there one by one (T_T) ).

Personally, I simply make burial chambers with several coffins when I either have some mason capacity I currently don't need or when the first dwarf in the fortress has died. I tend to have a few empty coffins available, so that anyone can get burried right away - I mean, if they can smell a dead butterfly at 50m, what will they say about a rotten corpse hauled through half the fortress?

Deathworks