Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Sea world sucks

(1/2) > >>

Kars:
I can't even go into the ocean to see shamu without the game going into not responding for like a solid minute with every step I take. Is there any way to mod the ocean to be less of a dillhole? Or anything else I can do? Not sure if this is the right forum but it deals with modding as a resolution so idk man. I just wanna swim over to the other side to kill a dragon. I've been swimming all day, in real life time. My wife is going to leave me. Please send help

hatesdigimon:
seems like an adventurer mode topic. but it seems the issue is your pc's power. my game lags in adventure mode about once every 12-16 steps, but that's just it loading in new areas. ive never really heard much of ocean lag. usually lag is concentrated in areas with alot of items/ creatures ex. goblin encampments.

BoredVirulence:
Ocean lag is real and intense.

I modded an aquatic civilization. They build cities in the ocean. What does that mean? Is it floating on the surface? Underwater? No idea, I couldn't get to them. Lag. I no of no solution. I just gave up and consider it a question I'll never know, like the state of the universe before the big bang...

Spiderking50:
Oceans have more objects than anywhere else. Each tile is 7 "water" objects. Theres a ton of tiles on your screen. THen theres a ton of squares beneath you. AND the game is trying to make sure each one of those acts realistically aka physics and does that whole wave mechanic thing. So to calculate your lag:

Lag=(((7(A ton)^(a ton X the number of Z levels))(wave mechanics))physics.) X Your processing speed

Quietust:

--- Quote from: Spiderking50 on June 23, 2015, 10:48:40 am ---Each tile is 7 "water" objects.

--- End quote ---
No, each tile just has a "liquid depth" of 7 and a "liquid type" of "water" (as opposed to "magma").

DF fluid physics, however, is still a very real and very CPU-intensive thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version