Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Marketlings (ISG) (Pixels on Aisle 4!)  (Read 3262 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Marketlings (ISG) (Pixels on Aisle 4!)
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:17:06 am »

(Redo of a suggestion game I did a long time ago. This time in pixel art! Updates infrequently once or twice a week, I hope.)

The tribe of Aisle 4 has long been small, weak, and largely ignored. Once, it was a great power, ruling the highest shelves of their Aisle, feasting on quality honey and oats, enjoying plasma-TVs. Once. Now, resigned to the lower shelves, they must subsist on On Sale cereals, discount peanut-butter, and radio.

No one knows what reduced the tribe of Aisle 4 to such a state, but you know definitely who's going to bring it back to glory. You are. Take your HB pencils. Ready your tape. Your journey of Megamall begins.

Marketlings:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Select hero:

Soldier:

Equipped with sharpened HB pencil, tape, and rubber armor.

Wise-man:

Equipped with thermometer staff, sock smock, and cola-can-collector.

Explorer:

Equipped with throwing toothpicks, handkerchief survival-suit, and pet rat.

Name: (They typically name themselves after various products found in their markets.)
Gender: (They come in male and female, though they do not reproduce. Children Marketlings are found prepackaged when D'liveree brings his crate of gifts.)

However way you wish to bring glory to Aisle 4 is up to you. There are many quests to further yourself, your party, and your tribe along the way, and many dangers too. What you choose to do, and how you do it, will influence the well-being of Aisle 4.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: Marketlings (ISG) (Pixels on Aisle 4!)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 12:06:22 pm »

Hero: Soldier
Name: Krazy Skizzors
Max avatar size is 80x80

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 12:45:14 pm »

Hero: Soldier
Name: Krazy Skizzors
Dis

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 06:01:01 am »

Hey there! I guess you guys control me now. Sometimes, it has been foretold, that someone from Beyond the Mall uses an eldritch device known only as a game controller, and allows beings to control us Marketlings. Such Marketlings have always done great deeds, for good or ill.

My name's Krazy Skizzor, the craziest soldier in Aisle 4. I killed a Dread Rat with only half a pair of scissors!

Hopefully whatever you guys make me do, it will bring glory to Aisle 4. How to do that? I'm as clueless as you.

But, I think a good start is to talk to someone who has a quest! See those guys with a yellow exclamation mark? They usually have something to do. Probably to kill rats or something. (I don't know why some think that's so trivial; thousands of Marketlings have died to rats!)

Anyways, if I accrue enough Random Crap, or RC, I can spend it to buy Useful Crap from vendors! See that guy above me? The one with the green $? He sells a bunch of useful crap, though at a high price.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 07:46:41 am »

Well obviously first we need to talk to the NON quest givers, in case they have hidden quest lines.

After that though, load up on quests, hell yeah.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 09:37:52 am »

Well obviously first we need to talk to the NON quest givers, in case they have hidden quest lines.

+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 10:42:42 am »

+1
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 10:49:46 am »

Reminisce about our lodgings
If we don't even have any lodgings, instead crashing anywhere in the general Aisle 4 hangout, insofar Marketlings even need to sleep:
Lay claim on some unused area by demarcating it with the pencil and writing "Krazy Skizzors' Skenik Krash Spaze" into it
We need somewhere to dumb our loot and have our eventual crew hang around and display bling and relics and trophies for the greater glory of Aisle 4.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 12:42:25 pm »

+1
+1
+1
Pages: [1] 2