Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall [FISSION MAILED]  (Read 6744 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall [FISSION MAILED]
« on: June 21, 2015, 07:10:01 pm »

IronTomato Plays The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Because it had to be done.

So I received The Elder Scrolls Anthology as a Christmas gift in 2014, and had the opportunity to experience every game in the series. I had initially planned on saving Daggerfall for a blind LP, but I eventually caved in and played it anyway. I instantly fell in love, however, only restoring my desire to do an LP of it. Now that I'm on Summer vacation, it can finally be done.

Please tell me:

1: Name. Maturity and seriousness not necessary. The game lets us change our name at any time.

2: Race. All of the races from later games are present except Orcs and Imperials.

3: Class. A list of classes can be found here.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:56:06 pm by IronTomato »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall - Part 0: VENGEANCE
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 07:16:57 pm »

Khajiit.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:48:13 pm »

HALT, the Lusty Argonian Maid Assassin.

Yes. HALT. So that guards trying to arrest you shout your name over and over.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:49:53 pm »

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:48:47 pm »

HALT, the Argonian Assassin.
+1
++

It's incredible that every single main series TES game aside from Arena had guards saying something both stupid and iconic.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 01:32:03 pm »

HALT it is, then. :P

And to be fair, the guards in Arena also said HALT. They just said it really quietly.

Boxan930

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 07:58:50 pm »

I like the name HALT and TESII is my favorite in the series, I look forward to watching you play it.
I finally got that STUPID jellyfish as my profile picture, someone's eventually going to realize that all i did was take a sample pic and grayscaled it.
Creativity Level 9001

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 10:43:02 am »

I'm going to go against the tide and +1 Khajiit, and suggest "Fluffy the Vampire Slayer," because I think it would be amusing, and because I have yet to do it in any of my TES games because I never play khajiit.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 09:42:00 am »

I actually have all the screenshots for the first part, I just haven't had the time to post it because my internet was gone. It's back now, so I'll do the first upd00t soon

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

You thought I forgot about this. You were wrong. Evil laugh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Upon starting a new game, we must immediately choose our race and class, decide wether we have a penis or a vagina and then distribute our stats. We are a nimble Argonian hero / villain, and we go by one name, known by guards everywhere. That name is HALT.

We begin the game speaking with Uriel Septim VII, who explains our super secret mission to us. Why is it a secret? I don't fucking know. I'm just a servant. He explains that the king of Daggerfall, Lysandus, died during a battle a year ago and now his ghost haunts the city at night. Also, he still has his army with him in the form of numerous other ghosts, so it's kind of a problem, ya dig? Our mission is to figure out what's going down and put a stop to it. Also, the Emperor sent a letter to the queen of Daggerfall which never arrived, so our secondary objective is to be a bro and find out where it went and burn the shit out of it by any means possible.

This is our inventory, and me showing off our weapon of choice, a glorious nippon ebony dagger, folded over 1000 times and can cut through steel. Since we're still green as a plant and have no real combat ability, this will probably be the only thing that keeps us alive.

This is our first enemy, a rat. Even with our sneaking ability, it saw us before we even turned the corner and was running to get us. Naturally, it didn't stand a chance, but still.

Everyone is afraid of the imps in the first dungeon, but we killed it no problem. Victory screech! Looloolooloolool!

I literally just opened a door and the rat was just standing like this waiting for me.

After a while of failed sneaking and successful stabbing, we manage to acquire some armor and weapons. Unfortunately, as an assassin, we are only able to equip leather armor.

CHAAAAAAAAARGE

We don't even need to make sound before things hear us, that's apparently how much we suck.

But we can still shank a bitch.

This is the enemy in the first dungeon who everyone freaks out about. This bad boy is called a skeletal warrior. Pretty much exactly what it says on the box. They can take a lot of abuse...

...But for HALT, it's no challenge at all.

Now that right there is a good find. Once we get out of this shithole, we'll be able to sell this for the big bucks.

Our short-blade skill keeps on improving, but our sneak skill doesn't seem to change. My normal character can just run around like an idiot slinging spells at people and dicing people up with a magic sword, and her sneak skill increases. Whatever.

I... I did it. This feeling, is it... pride?

After a long while of exploring Privateer's hold tearing ass after ass, we finally emerge with an elven cuirass which we cannot wear, full leather armor, and an attitude problem. We are now a level 2 assassin.

Just another day in the life of Halt.

What we do from here is up to you guys, I suppose. Should we go to the nearest town and interact with the townsfolk? Look for work and earn cash-money? Cause trouble? When the time comes, should we carry out our duty to Uriel Septim or should we flip him the bird and do whatever the hell we want?

Also, I'm using Postimage to host my images. If for some reason this irritates you or you can't see my images, tell me and I'll find a new website.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: IronTomato Plays TESII: Daggerfall - Part 1: Halt in the Name of Love
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 11:22:14 pm »

PTW for you are much more competent at this than I am. Is sneaking just crouching?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 11:30:11 pm »

PTW for you are much more competent at this than I am. Is sneaking just crouching?
Sneaking is just moving at 40 percent speed or less, which can be done by either crouching or holding the alt key.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 11:42:46 pm »

PTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 03:19:49 am »

PTW
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 10:40:34 am »

This is glorious. I will have to try Daggerfall myself someday.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: [1] 2 3