Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork or Genesis?  (Read 1488 times)

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Masterwork or Genesis?
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:12:46 pm »

It's been some time since the last time i played DF, so I decided that I want to build a new fort (it's unlikely that we get a new release from Toady by the end of 2015) - and to my delight, i find out that besides vanilla DF there are actually a lot of modifications which bring just tons of new content, races and even magic. After going through forum for quite a bit i decided to stop my choice on Masterwork. But there's also Genesis Reborn mod which basically offers the same deal albeit in smaller amount (content-wise). So can i get some comparison, pros and cons for these two mods from someone who has played both of them? The game tends to grow on me, so I'd hate to abandon my fortress after a while finding about some stuff that might be a gamebreaking experience.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Masterwork or Genesis?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 08:05:52 am »

Personally I'd say: Try both. But instead of Genesis Reborn, try Genesis Classic or Old Genesis. TomiTaipo is still updating it and it's completely up-to-date with the current DF.

For the largest mod with the most options, you can try Masterwork, but it's outdated. I started a Masterwork Reborn too, but it's not finished yet. It still offers quite a few features and multiple playable races, but it's not done.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::