Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PSA: Arkham Knight Pulled From Steam  (Read 3075 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
PSA: Arkham Knight Pulled From Steam
« on: June 23, 2015, 11:15:11 pm »

As some of you may have heard, there have been...issues....regarding the PC port of Arkham Knight. Sad to say, they're true. I experienced it myself. The game occasionally runs just fine, but in most instances is plagued by bizarre framerate drops and occasionally outright freezing. In addition, the game is internally capped at 30 FPS, but even that restriction doesn't make it playable.

It's very unfortunate, but the PC port, at least for Nvidia and AMD users, is untenable. I meet not just the minimum but optimal hardware requirements, and yet the game isn't workable even at minimum graphical settings. Frankly, I think it has little to do with the graphics. This port is just atrocious.

I didn't expect to be making use of Steam Refund, but I've issued a request for one. Should you want a second opinion, feel free to look at the Steam Reviews.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:10:11 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Do Not Buy Arkham Knight On PC
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 11:18:57 pm »

Well, that's good to know. I wasn't in a rush to get Arkham Knight because I haven't finished Origins. So this will just further my reasons for waiting.

That and apparently the DLC scheme is pretty shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:22:36 pm »

I had a bad feeling after WB got the development of Origins and used the typical wring-you-dry DLC scheme, and worse when they were at least involved with Knight. That fear coming true wasn't a dealbreaker, I can live without DLC, but this is beyond the pale.

I'll also say that if anybody reading this has bought Arkham Knight through Steam and has these same issues, that you should request a refund whether you meet the typical 2-hour 14-day requirements or not. Given the brewing shitstorm over this, you might just get it anyway. Even if you don't, the worst that happens is Steam refuses. And besides, it isn't about the money. It's about sending a message.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:26:14 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 11:40:09 pm »

Nvidia and AMD users
So... everyone?
game is internally capped at 30 FPS
Don't you know anything? Don't you want the true 'Cinematic' experience?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 11:52:18 pm »

Nvidia and AMD users
So... everyone?
Apparently not, as there is a small but persistent minority who claim excellent performance.and are all WB shills, clearly
Don't you know anything? Don't you want the true 'Cinematic' experience?
The cap can be removed, for whatever that's worth.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 11:58:16 pm »

Is there some graphics processor company I'm not aware of? Intel doesn't really count.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:05:23 am »

... And besides, it isn't about the money. It's about sending a message.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 12:08:16 am »

Refund Get! Sadly only a Steam Wallet refund since I was in the middle of SSS frenzy when I preordered Arkham Knight, but that's fine. I'll just use the money to preorder Phantom Pain.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 04:40:22 am »

The real reason to not buy Arkham Whatever is because it's a ballerina rhythm game with a batman skin and 90% of it comes down to pushing the Y button.
Shoes...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 06:02:22 am »

Was actually thinking about making a "Buyer Beware: Steam Games to Avoid" thread after Fable Anniversary was totally unplayable due to lag.
But I don't have the tenacity to moderate such a thing.

Anyone interested?

Also Steam Refund how do?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 09:24:39 am »

The real reason to not buy Arkham Whatever is because it's a ballerina rhythm game with a batman skin and 90% of it comes down to pushing the Y button.

but that ballerina is a deranged vigilante who knows martial arts.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 09:42:03 am »

Was actually thinking about making a "Buyer Beware: Steam Games to Avoid" thread after Fable Anniversary was totally unplayable due to lag.

Anyone interested?

What part in Fable Anniversary lags for you? I just bought the game and getting to the Hobbe Cave quest.

You can initialize steam refunds by searching for the game in Steam Support and there would be options to refund depending on your issue for the game.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 10:12:38 am »

Anyone interested?

I would approve of such a thread. Although to be fair, games change.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 11:32:52 am »

Anyone interested?

Yeah at in original Post will be a list and we could cross off when it works but not delete.
Goddamit SourceForge

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 01:01:03 pm »

Anyone interested?

Yeah at in original Post will be a list and we could cross off when it works but not delete.
I forsee a bunch of posts saying "Works for me" :P

I would rather think we keep a single thread for each games with issues than to have a collective. You can always make a Thread of shame which are games that will forever be bad. Arkham Knight has more of a chance to be fixed than Watch_Dogs.

Which honestly, for a hundred people with issues theres another 100 with none. I don't have issues with Fable Anniversary, so far its been running smooth.
Pages: [1] 2 3