Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Favirot Items  (Read 2660 times)

Favirot Items
« on: August 09, 2007, 02:04:00 pm »

I want to know what are peoples favirote item that they've crafted in DF?

Mine personly is a full set of Bronze plate armour that is studed with every sort of ore avaible to me. (Although it's still in production...only platnium, bronze, tin, steel and brass to go) I'm making it for a grand fortress for adventure mode.

warfs are fearless...unless they are interupted by a deer.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: Favirot Items
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:08:00 pm »

An artifact copper spear named "Clobberland."

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

[ August 09, 2007: Message edited by: Gaulgath ]

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:00:00 pm »

First: Favorite.

Second: Why are you studding bronze plate with steel? You do know materials matter in the construction of armor and weapons, right?

Bronze is 75% effectiveness, steel is 133% effectiveness. Steel is 1.77 times better than bronze.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:14:00 am »

I don't know, but I'm on a tundra map so it's never going to be needed as armour plus I prefer bronze and I only decided to stud it with every metal once it was made and bronze is easer to make.

Plus thanks for correcting my spelling mistake...I suck at spelling!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »

but.. but.. you dont CLOBBER things with SPEARS??

god, i wish i could remember some of the artifact names i've had now.  stupid short term memory.  i had an obsidian sceptor with a cool name.  I had an iron crossbow named "the burden of responsibilities" with a picture of a demon making a submissive gesture.  i think that was my ONLY weapon artifact EVER.

I had a silk floodgate once.  i thought that was funny.  Actually thinking about it, i can almost see a silk floodgate working.  with some slow seeping, but still mostly working.

i think my favorite was a coffin that was made, way WAY back in one of my first forts.  it was a ruby or rosequarts or some reddish colored gem coffin.  i dont remember the exact name, but it was something like "the magenta wind" and had an image relating to decay on it. maybe a withering dwarf or something.  whatever it was, it totally evoked images of miasima and rotting bodies.  i wish i kept a screenshot.

Nexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:09:00 pm »

quote:
i think that was my ONLY weapon artifact EVER.

You're lucky, I still haven't even seen an artifact weapon.  :(

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »

I finished the armour, now what do people think my next undertaking should be? And just to mention that I want cool stuff for my dwarf to pick up in adventure mode.

TakiJap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 04:51:00 pm »

My favorite item:

I have no idea what the hell is going on in it. I'm just as confused as the demon and I bet the artist is too.

And the name, "The White Volcano of Confederations". It's almost as it meant something, which makes the whole artifact even more mysterious. Damn I wish I could go back to the fort in Adv. mode and see the details for the artifact.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »

I have two because their names are so awesome. Something Zugobar Obur, "The Grad Destroyer of Heros", and something-stalumoz Kironron, "Velvetyrampages The Holy Rage" A vest and a coat respectively. I would give you the full untranslated names, but I had the fps counter on in the screenshot and I cant find a place to post the ss.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 10:30:00 pm »

Shadowslasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 11:01:00 pm »

Wow. I had no idea things could be that detailed. How much is it worth??

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 11:36:00 pm »

It's worth about 18k, so its about 17k worth of decorations.

Slime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 09:35:00 am »

The new hit dwarven TV show...Pimp my anvil.

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 01:36:00 am »

Haha, wow. My dwarf would have gotten stuck after gold, brass, and ratman bone. How the heck did you have all the stuff for it? That is just crazy awesome, and so dwarf-like. On the other hand, now he has to lug this huge, sparkly anvil everywhere. That thing is a work of art and should be displayed in the statue garden. If Toady ever starts selling DF t-shirts, I want one with that anvil on it.

I haven't gotten around to playing a fortress game to its conclusion, so I don't have any truly epic artifacts, but I like finding cool items to wear/wield in adventure mode. Like an amulet with spikes of cheetah bone, cheetah leather, and warthog bone. Or my lion bone bracelet that menaces with spikes of superior quality chimpanzee bone, and has a finely designed image of an artifact spear from my fort in lion leather.  Very cool, cause someone must have heard about that artifact, then put the image on a bracelet, then left it in an old ruin for me to find.

Edit: Oh wait, it isn't an artifact, you just decorated it a bunch. Doh.

[ August 18, 2007: Message edited by: Turgid Bolk ]

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Tarrasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 02:56:00 am »

Not really my favorite item, but, I always like it when dwarves create things like beds or what-not. One of my jewlers decided he needed an artifact bed and now he is lugging the two hunded and fifty pound thing around with him. Ironically this makes him faster then the average dwarf still due to his insane strength and agility.