Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game Project set in the Renaissance  (Read 526 times)

Janblair101

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Game Project set in the Renaissance
« on: June 23, 2015, 11:51:57 pm »

Hello all, I have been lurking around the Bay12 forums for many years now, and just made an account today.

I wanted to post about a new project I am working on in SDL2. Earlier this summer I started working on a game that I currently don't have a name for. It will be inspired by my love for Darklands, which is an old DOS game that I am sure some of you have played. However, there are many things that will be scrapped from the game, such as combat, the dated ui, and several other things that bring age to the title. The setting for the game I am creating will be in Renaissance Italy rather than Germany. Instead of the terrible combat of Darklands, I plan on implementing a more up-to-date turned based combat, which is where most of my work has been going to.

Currently in my game engine I have a basic GUI, an isometric tile system, control configuration, and the basic structure of turn based combat implemented. The skills and item system is currently being worked on and I hope to post pictures of my progress once I have access to wifi. (Mind the graphics, my skills in Photoshop are non-existent). Outside of coding I have been working on the core concepts of combat and I would really like to capture a more realistic style of medieval combat(in a tactical sense), compared to many games.

I have many of the aspects of this game already thought out, and if there is any interest I could make weekly posts or something. I apologize about the lack of pictures or anything and I plan on posting them as soon as I have access to wifi. Thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:56:16 pm by Janblair101 »