Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Storm the Gates (IF)(WIP)  (Read 1042 times)

MisterMoxxie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Storm the Gates (IF)(WIP)
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:38:21 pm »

Hello! Ive recently started a small-scale, puzzle-based Interactive Fiction game called Storm the Gates. Though I havent fully fleshed out the plot quite yet, I've constructed the layout of the rooms, and started designing some of the 'puzzles' or obstacles a player may come across. It's not a whole lot right now, but I feel like sharing anyways!

On the first image, to the left, is the general layout of the castle I was inspired by (Farleigh Hungerford Castle, located in Somerset, UK). On the right is the current physical layout of the rooms in StG. There are only 30 rooms, 29 of which are actually playable. Although this is a relatively small space, I plan to include a lot of detail to give the player a more immersive experience.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This next picture is the current flow-chart of what needs to be done in order to enter the Great Hall, which is where the current win condition objective is at.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Again, I'm not too far along the line, but I'm excited and felt like sharing! Thanks for taking your time to check out my project. Any feedback is appreciated.
Update: 4/5/12 : 9:35 pm
So apparently, this one dwarf is just walking around with a huge, gaping hole in his chest, with a slightly smashed heart, and bleeding absolutely everywhere, and he is PUNCHING OUT ZOMBIES.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Storm the Gates (IF)(WIP)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:58:31 pm »

Hm. Sounds interesting. No combat?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MisterMoxxie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Storm the Gates (IF)(WIP)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 02:26:00 am »

No, not at this point. Just a puzzle-based IF game.
Update: 4/5/12 : 9:35 pm
So apparently, this one dwarf is just walking around with a huge, gaping hole in his chest, with a slightly smashed heart, and bleeding absolutely everywhere, and he is PUNCHING OUT ZOMBIES.