Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Confronted by a dog  (Read 47651 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
Re: Confronted by a dog
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 12:42:50 am »

The only thing I can thin of a cavy and a llama is that both are from Peru, maybe this necromancer was an Inca something? I don't know that much about Inca mythology, but they probably had something similar to necromancers or gods of death.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2015, 06:32:42 am »

Wow I can't believe this is still going!

Alright! So I decided to return to the forsaken town and examine the aftermath...

As you can see, the town is still rife with patrols. I couldn't imagine what the guards intend to protect, almost the entire town has been reduced to rubble and ruins. The only structure that remains is the keep.

The local temple had not been spared from the iron fist of the animals. The paved floors which had once lined the cornerstone of this crumbling town has been reduced to mud. I can only imagine the animals intend to horde their litter over the ruins as a sign of dominance to the remaining locals. However the streets, houses and markets lay completely barren.

Damn! I've been spotted by the guards! They threaten no mercy as they furrow about in the dirt.

I swiftly and bravely fled in similar fashion to a certain Sir Robin, I had arrived at the keep.
I decided to climb atop one of the battlements in order to survey the area. Within moments I found myself surrounded.

One of the previous guards lay dead amongst the unforgiving horde.

In my attempt to escape I met with the leader of the resistance, however by the time I had came he had descended into madness.

The war leader recounted over and over again the horrific invasion which had reduced his kind to take the place of animals in the wild.

Devastated by what he had discovered, my adventurer joined the war leader in madness and eventually succumbed to starvation.

The animals may have one the battle... but not the war!
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2015, 03:54:00 pm »

Wow I can't believe this is still going!

Alright! So I decided to return to the forsaken town and examine the aftermath...

As you can see, the town is still rife with patrols. I couldn't imagine what the guards intend to protect, almost the entire town has been reduced to rubble and ruins. The only structure that remains is the keep.

The local temple had not been spared from the iron fist of the animals. The paved floors which had once lined the cornerstone of this crumbling town has been reduced to mud. I can only imagine the animals intend to horde their litter over the ruins as a sign of dominance to the remaining locals. However the streets, houses and markets lay completely barren.

Damn! I've been spotted by the guards! They threaten no mercy as they furrow about in the dirt.

I swiftly and bravely fled in similar fashion to a certain Sir Robin, I had arrived at the keep.
I decided to climb atop one of the battlements in order to survey the area. Within moments I found myself surrounded.

One of the previous guards lay dead amongst the unforgiving horde.

In my attempt to escape I met with the leader of the resistance, however by the time I had came he had descended into madness.

The war leader recounted over and over again the horrific invasion which had reduced his kind to take the place of animals in the wild.

Devastated by what he had discovered, my adventurer joined the war leader in madness and eventually succumbed to starvation.

The animals may have one the battle... but not the war!

Only in Dwarf Fortress! :P
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2015, 04:27:13 pm »

Bumber's Law of Forum Quotes: The length of a reply is inversely proportional to the length of the quote block preceding it.

I notice this with disturbing regularity on a number of forums.

(Corollary: When one quotes a very large OP post, the reply will invariably be to say something like 'nice', 'cool', or '+1 support'.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:34:49 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2015, 04:34:46 pm »

Put a one-line suggestion on the other hand :P
One wheel short of a wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2015, 04:35:53 pm »

Especially if the suggestion is the single word "title".
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2015, 05:00:30 pm »

Especially if the suggestion is the single word "title".
Then Footkerchief quotes you on every point in human history where someone has mentioned that thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2015, 07:00:29 pm »

Absolutely speechless

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 08:01:11 pm »

I just want to sig everything in this thread.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 08:40:49 pm »

I can imagine that goose kicking down the door to a tavern and honking furiously before picking up a mug of sewer brew.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2015, 09:01:24 pm »

I can imagine that goose kicking down the door to a tavern and honking furiously before picking up a mug of sewer brew.

After 5 minutes and a red pen, our hero HARD GOOSE is born.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:23 pm »

Some 8/8 work there. You should stick that on a surface that vaguely resembles a wall. I wish I could draw fanart of dumb things like that, then everyone would love me *grumble grumble*
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2015, 10:59:14 pm »

After 5 minutes and a red pen, our hero HARD GOOSE is born.

I don't know why but postimg doesn't seem to show up for me.

I heartchu Graknorke, wanna come over for some pizza and netflix?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2015, 07:36:02 am »

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2015, 10:25:08 am »

Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6