Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Instability: (OOC)  (Read 9822 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Instability: (OOC)
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 11:26:40 am »

Updated sheet, going for a defender of the weak motif, still need power levels though.

EDIT: Here's a quick backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:15:45 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2015, 11:53:10 am »

Give a good backstory reason and I'll consider going higher than Merchant.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2015, 12:19:29 pm »

Threw in a quick backstory on the last post, I'll transfer it to my character sheet if accepted.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2015, 12:24:10 pm »

Hopefully this will start soon and my dreams can come true
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2015, 12:37:21 pm »

You're describing merchant class Precog. Didn't need a backstory for it.

However I have a lot of things to pick apart in the backstory.

He did not have good intentions. He used his power over fire to take over the town and claimed his sister as his queen
Why? Why did he take someone in the first place? That generally results in getting killed by the person. Not to mention most villages have a large enough selection of combat oriented abilities. Just fire is pretty weak. Even a God Class Pyromancer will still die to a single spear.

Especially Oauk. But one person stood up, his mother wouldn't allow this animal to steal her daughter. The villain killed her on the spot. Oauk cried out as his mother died before before she hit the ground.
Again. Why did he target? This just seems like plotfuel. Also that would be baboon/fox. That would be pretty weird culturally. A fox would normally go for a canine or feline if it did have a fondness of other species.

Ouak didn't know what was going on, but he did know what he had to do. He took his dead fathers sword and its stealth on his back. He knew he had to try to stop this villain before he could do any damage. He knew he would likely die.
He attacks a random wanderer simply because they have an appearance similar to a creature in a dream. That.. Isn't a good sign of mental stability.

He confronted the monster and drew his sword. The villain laughed and threw fire at the boy.
The issue with fighting pyromancers is AOE attacks. Can't dodge when everything around you is on fire. Also throwing fire isn't common when you lack hands. Easier to just spear fire up from the ground.

Ouak could see all of it, every detail, all at once. He dodged the two balls of fire, and his sword was at the villain's throat. Ouak pressed lightly, and the villain began to sweat.
Again. AOE. Also how can you see someone with fur sweating?

Ouak felt the rage behind the overwhelming clarity. He was going to kill this animal before he could bring any harm. Right before he finished the deed, staring into the fear within the fox's eyes, his mother called out to him. That's enough. Ouak was filled with anger at this turn of events, here was the fox who would kill his mother and kidnap his little sister, yet his mom would save him from his hand.
Literally the only thing any villager would see is your character randomly assaulting a wanderer and the wanderer defending himself. Also again. AOE. There's a reason Shielders or Antimagi are used to counter Mancers.

Ouak kicked him down and said this, "I know what you are. I know what lays within your heart. I can see it. I can see you, and through you. You will never return."
Great time for the fox to roast you to a cinder. Too close to dodge. Too close to attack in time.

The horrified fox scampered away
Fiiiiiiire.

Ouak didn't know what had happened,
Yes he did. He realized one of his abilities was precog. Everybody has abilities.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2015, 01:15:16 pm »

I wrote it in 4 minutes and know nothing of this universe. I redact the backstory and just take merchant class precog. Also, almost all mammals sweat, but it was a figure of speech.

EDIT: Or I can write a different one now that I have more time. But would like a more in-depth explanation of this world if my character's strength depends on my knowledge of it. He's supposed to be battle focused, so I'm not sure having more than a few minutes of precog is really important to his character though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:40:31 pm by Spiderking50 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 03:56:16 pm »

Even without universe knowledge, it sounds pretty odd.

Anyways:

Why? What good does more than a few minutes of precog do? The issue is processing it all. Midbattle.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:02:15 pm by Kevak »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2015, 04:57:29 pm »

Thats why I wanted focus originally, to be able to process things mid battle. The few minutes of precog don't help, he really only needs 10 seconds, but really he needs more than anything, to be able to react and process during a fight. Are you seeing what I'm going for here? What could he have that allows that? If anything.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2015, 05:07:23 pm »

You would want Precog as a mental and Hyperprocessing as a physical. Focus just focuses on one task, not comprehending the data until an output is received but being able to run a hell of a lot more complex stuff than normal.

Hyperprocessing is comprehending all available data as good as possible. With some memorization traits cropping up with the later tiers.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2015, 05:15:27 pm »

Here we go, probably made some mistakes and definitely needs more work. But what do you think?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:13:21 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2015, 05:20:15 pm »

Any description of powers so I can give a relative classing?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2015, 05:30:19 pm »

Physical: she can swim extremely quickly, and crawl faster on land than other pinnipeds, almost as fast as a terrestrial creature if need be. She can also jump on land to a limited degree. Using speed on land for any more than short bursts results in extreme fatigue later.
Mental: she can diffuse hostile intent, and increase the disposition of others towards her. Probably needs more conditions.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2015, 05:32:06 pm »

Define extremely quickly. Double speed? Triple?

Mental sounds like a Wanderer Class.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2015, 05:50:43 pm »

She can swim at around 60mph in bursts, and 25mph for longer periods. Top land speed is slightly less than walking speed of most similarly-sized terrestrial animals.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2015, 05:52:53 pm »

I mean compare speed to a normal seal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5