Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [LCS]Kidnapping, Important Conservatives, and influencing the masses + Others  (Read 5384 times)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Decided to play Liberal Crime Squad on the PC since the PC version isn't as buggy as the Android version.

1) Whats a good weapon for both weakening a important Conservative(Eminent Scientist/Hanging Judge/Radio Personality/CEO/etc) and fighting off Conservatives? Too weak of a gun and my Liberals are screwed when it comes to fighting off the rest of the Conservatives after I kidnap my target. Too strong of a gun and the Important Conservatives(Don't wear armor) explode like a blood sausage. I also have 6 Liberals running around massacring everything for my squads, so 6 Liberals shooting someone with a weak gun might kill the Conservative anyways. If I take less Liberals, I risk getting massacred.

2)I recruited a Radio Personality through kidnapping and brainwashing and sent him out with my Massacre Squads once. I forgot to equip him with a weapon after the alarm was raised, and when he attacked, he did the same Juice-draining attacks(winking,smiling) on the Conservatives. How well would a squad of 6 Important Conservatives(CEOs, Radio Personalities, and any other Conservative that attacks by draining Juice when unarmed) work?

3)My Liberals have been running around with M16s so far and massacring everyone. Occasionally, we raid the Cable/AM stations and hijack the broadcasts. Is running around at the Genetics Lab/Nuclear Power Plant/Prison/Any other place and massacring the Conservatives a good way to influence public opinion, or will it turn them against me?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 12:56:28 am by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Kidnapping by violence is generally not the best way to kidnap conservatives. Far more effective is to datenap them (invite them to a date, bring a gun to said date, and then kidnap them while on the date). Most of the time, if you're armed, they won't resist. A seduction skill of 5 or so will get prettymuch anybody to go on a date with you.

2. I have never actually tried that, but my intuition tells me that it would be devastating. Enemies who have been hit by the juice-draining attack typically lack the will to fight, which means that you can keep doing it again.

3. As long as you only ever massacre conservatives, it is very effective at influencing public opinion (in fact, it's more effective time-wise than any other method in the game!). Each location has a set of views that it influences, so you'll need to hit most of the locations in the game in order to do this effectively. However, if you ever hit a liberal or moderate by mistake in any of your raids, that will alienate the masses, and then your raid will turn the public against you. Even those conservatives that you also kill will still count against you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Oh, and also keep in mind you don't just have to assault non-conservatives to alienate the masses; if you commit most crimes while a liberal or moderate is present (theft, vandalism, picking locks or smashing doors, etc.) your raid also fails, prompting an "LCS SORRY" story if you have the Liberal Guardian running.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can run around haveing gun fights any where and it counts.

I'd try for the bank, you'll want to stock up on arms if you plan of winning by force of arms.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone ever tried getting a squad of six Radio Personalities/CEOs/Important Conservatives with Juice-Draining attacks and sending them out? Since Important Conservatives drain juice when they attack your Liberals, does the same happen when you recruit them and use them against the Conservatives? Would that be an alternative to spending months training a guitar squad?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never got a entire squad of them, but yes there much the same as a guitar squad.

While you don't have the training time, there's the recruitment, a guitar squads can be trained passively.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got six Radio Personalities spamming juice-draining attacks and turning a guy liberal by winking at him. Will they get Juice for this? Also, for some reason Gun Law is stuck at C+ despite the hundreds of Conservatives I've massacred with M16s. Is that supposed to happen?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got six Radio Personalities spamming juice-draining attacks and turning a guy liberal by winking at him. Will they get Juice for this? Also, for some reason Gun Law is stuck at C+ despite the hundreds of Conservatives I've massacred with M16s. Is that supposed to happen?

Check public opinion.

Shooting people does liberalize public opinion on gun control, but it does so very slowly, so it could be that counter-media might be pushing you the other direction. The upscale apartments have gun control as one of their issues, however.

If public opinion on gun control is liberalized, then that just means that the politics and the legislature haven't caught up yet.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a cap on seduction or something?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:08:11 am by Taberone »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need high seduction for polygamy to be viable.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [LCS]Kidnapping, Important Conservatives, and influencing the masses?
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 09:28:31 am »

I'm new to the game and i didn't it was ever possibly. You mean that when you got infiltrating a location , and things go wrong , conservatives automatons drop their guns , your liberal hero just smile/wink and the conservative just stop fighting ? Technically how do you do that ?? Is it by bluff or intimidation ?

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 05:22:30 am »

Only certain types of characters have juice-draining attacks. They usually are the ones attacking you, but you can convert them.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 10:37:28 pm »

Is it odd that I've only been raided by Cops so far? Even in Nightmare mode with a printing press and a buisness front, Firemen never raid me. Mercenaries don't raid me for publishing CEO Tax Evasion documents or love letters. Secret Agents don't raid me for attacking the Intelligence HQ or any other top secret documents either, and the conservative masses never siege no matter how many Cable News/AM Radio memos I publish. The CCS also never seems to raid at all.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 10:49:41 pm »

If you have max secrecy and aren't actively publishing newspapers with C+ free speech (only publishing special edition documents), nobody will raid you.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 11:05:50 pm »

Well, more accurately, the conservatives will only raid you if they can find you.

The Firemen will find you if you publish a special edition. It doesn't matter how secret you are.

Nobody else will find you unless you have heat. If your safehouse's heat is less than its secrecy, then it's invisible.

AM Radio and Cable News will also not raid you unless AM Radio and Cable News are popular. Publishing even a single special edition in the Liberal Guardian will make them unpopular enough that the masses won't raid you (at least, not until public opinion drifts toward conservatism again).
Pages: [1] 2