Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need some help from more experienced modders my reaction & metal wont work  (Read 696 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

The Reaction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Ore
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine

Where did you put that text, specifically? What isn't working? Is the reaction not showing up in the smelter?

For one, having [IS_METAL] in the inorganic and not having [FUEL] in the reaction may result in unintended behavior. I believe you would also omit "ore" from [STATE_NAME_ADJ] for the inorganic. And the convention, as far as I know, is to have separate inorganic entries for the ore and the bars. But I don't think any of that would break things completely?

The most obvious error, though, would be if you haven't added a [PERMITTED_REACTION:CRYOCYTE_MAKEING] (sic) underneath [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] along with the other similar tokens in the entity_default.txt file.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile

I know that you don't need a custom reaction if the stone is specified as an ore, it will be available in the smelter automatically. The other problems are a bit too complex for me to figure out without access to a computer where I can properly look at the files.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You forgot the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE] token. The stuff you wrote (and all the stuff in inorganic_stone_mineral, really) is meant to overwrite the stuff that's there and tack on the traits that aren't.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Thanks, now it works and i know a bit more about ores.  :D
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.