Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

I need some help from more experienced modders my reaction & metal wont work

(1/1)

crazyabe:

The ReactionSpoiler (click to show/hide)
[REACTION:CRYOCYTE_MAKEING]
[NAME:make cryocyte bars]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:METAL_ORE:CRYOCYTE]
[PRODUCT:100:4:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:CRYOCYTE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][SKILL:SMELT]The Ore
Spoiler (click to show/hide)[INORGANIC:CRYOCYTE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Cryocyte ore][DISPLAY_COLOR:3:7:1][TILE:'+']
[ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:CLUSTER:100]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:70]
[IS_METAL]
[ITEMS_WEAPON]
[ITEMS_ANVIL]
[ITEMS_DIGGER]
[ITEMS_ARMOR]
[ITEMS_METAL]
[SOLID_DENSITY:3100]
[METAL_ORE:CRYOCYTE:100][/size]

madk:
Where did you put that text, specifically? What isn't working? Is the reaction not showing up in the smelter?

For one, having [IS_METAL] in the inorganic and not having [FUEL] in the reaction may result in unintended behavior. I believe you would also omit "ore" from [STATE_NAME_ADJ] for the inorganic. And the convention, as far as I know, is to have separate inorganic entries for the ore and the bars. But I don't think any of that would break things completely?

The most obvious error, though, would be if you haven't added a [PERMITTED_REACTION:CRYOCYTE_MAKEING] (sic) underneath [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] along with the other similar tokens in the entity_default.txt file.

vjmdhzgr:
I know that you don't need a custom reaction if the stone is specified as an ore, it will be available in the smelter automatically. The other problems are a bit too complex for me to figure out without access to a computer where I can properly look at the files.

scamtank:
You forgot the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE] token. The stuff you wrote (and all the stuff in inorganic_stone_mineral, really) is meant to overwrite the stuff that's there and tack on the traits that aren't.

crazyabe:
Thanks, now it works and i know a bit more about ores.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version