Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Sector Command  (Read 6892 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Sector Command
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2015, 09:36:29 pm »

I forgot that on top of the Admiral we can have our own officers. In that case, I'll be Logistics officer Zhang Min.

Name: Zhang Min
Occupation: Liaison to Takeda Shipyards and Planetary Administration
Specializing: Logistics and Supply.
Bio: Zhang was born in the planet of Shimazu and was known in his early years as wretched child who dealt with an abusive father. At 10 years old he is daid to have started to help deal drugs to friends in school through his connections of the Shipyards. When found out he was sent to Juvinline detention where his delinquency ended and his mind flourished. Zhang found a high appreciation for things such as finance, logistics, markets, price, control, and anything related to business. His collection of Entrepreneurs spans from the 17th century with Adam smith to contemporary period with the Mandate. His knowledge and generous bank loans allowed him to enter college where he earned a Masters degree in Business and a Minor in finance. This led to him joining the Mandate fleet for loan forgiveness.

However tragedy stuck 2 years ago when in an operation in the core world. Zhang and some fellow mandate ensigns were captured by rebel forces of a planet and used as hostages to try and pressure the Planetary Government to release key leaders that they followed. The entire situation grew worse and worse as Zhang saw his comrades die of starvation, dehydration, beatings, executions, and forced feeding. When finally and diagnosed he showed several symptoms of PTSD including night terrors and feelings of incredible grief. He now serves the High Admiral as a logistics personal trying to convince the Shimazu homeword that supporting the High Admiral is in their interest.
Allegiance: Mandate Loyalist faction but with syphatises to the Hegomony.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2015, 06:25:02 am »

After you talk to more captains, yet talk to your admirals again and go over the by now dozens of reports and other things, you finally come to the following conclusions: namely that every thing is just as it had seemed. the Ship blew up through catastrophic malfunction, causing the others to escape which caused the captains to demand them desisting from that and finally it ended with the destruction of several immigrant ships.

All in all two weeks have passed and the news from outside the Sector have reached an interesting turning point. Marx-Sector and the admiralty refused to deliver Madoux and most of the others wanted by the Mandate, The Fenrisian Fleet met with heavy resistance and retreated before fighting the entire Sector Fleet. Shortly thereafter Marx-Sector declared independence.

In the Prophet-Sector open warfare has broken out on Tigris and The High Admiral has started sieging the world. Apparently the Caliphate tried to send the immigrants back on their ships which caused firefights with the local Mandate Marines.

After you have read those reports you recieve two dispatches, one from Mandate High Command and one from the Emperor.

The first are orders and information. Mostly that the situation in most parts of the outer rim has become untenable, that the mandate has called out a state of emergency and is mobilizing all fleets. Furthermore you are to make sure of the loyalities of your Admirals, call out martial law and ensure that your sector is under YOUR control...the Mandate would send reinforcements soon.

The Emperor, asks for a personal audience, he has recieved disturbing reports from the Neighbouring Sector of Hohenzollern.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2015, 07:50:10 am »

Reply affirmatively to the Mandate and send a dispatch to the Emperor saying we will be there momentarily.

Leave the two questionable Admirals and bring back the Mandate loyalist. The thirds fleet is to be keep in reserve but not used or ordered around until the Admiral returns...which he will not. Please read on. We'll also tell them that we beleive in there story BUT to keep doing there jobs in a respectable manner. Destruction of ships will lead to the Mandate coming for us and while we shoudn't tell them that we should let them know that we will if need be throw them to the wolves if they slack off. Basically NO MORE SURPRISES! ((But in secret let them know we are happy to see the immigrants kept out.))

During our audience with the Emperor report our findings and see what he wants (with the admiral on board). Ask him if he would be so kind and willing to 'take him off our hands' so to speak. What i'm thinking is asking our brother to 'personally' request his service in border control and helping to welcome in immigrants. If he refuses, tell him that he's doing it anyway and then have the guy murdered/imprisoned. We can't leave him out there leading fleets when he could possibly turn against us. My opinion. we could always leave him behind for border patrol but make sure he has no boarding privlages.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2015, 09:24:52 pm »

It looks as though The Rim is rapidly heading for open revolt. I would rather not endure a mandate after it has completely cowed all credible opposition... So we should throw our lot in with the independence movement. Try to be a moderate in the issue, seeking a peaceful settlement, possibly maintaining mandate rule but with more enforced adherence to standard policy, so that they couldn't pull something like this again without doing it very publicly and very slowly and with many opportunities for legal intervention to shut it down if it is found to be directly opposed to one party's interests... Present this opinion to the Emperor.

P.S.
((But in secret let them know we are happy to see the immigrants kept out.))
I do not believe that they are keeping immigrants out(except for the ones that died...) but rather just hassling them a whole lot and keeping them from sneaking in contraband. It is my understanding that if the imigrants pass inspection that they are permitted to enter, and have been doing so.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2015, 09:32:40 pm »

1. Well first what RAM said. We should keep up the border policy but keep neutral and continue to ship goods (hopefully the Emperor isn't calling us to tell us we are now his Robert E. Lee). At the same time though just make sure its us enforcing the laws and the Hegomony who is making the laws. Immigrants need to know who's in charge and if they want to get slick then phaser beams will stick them good. God I feel like a tea party kid right now..

2. I think so also but they are VERY jumpy and I doubt the third admiral wanted to take over just for the lulz. Then again we have other admirals who likely to plot for their own riches. AKA the Nobunagas.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2015, 05:45:21 am »

God I feel like a tea party kid right now..

hehehe that was the point, playing a side who is in the right...but somehow has to do the rather questionable things to survive... :D

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2015, 04:17:20 pm »

God I feel like a tea party kid right now..

hehehe that was the point, playing a side who is in the right...but somehow has to do the rather questionable things to survive... :D

lol. By the way is my sheet okay?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2015, 04:29:21 pm »

its okay ill introduce the character soonishly.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2015, 10:54:08 am »

You arrive at the Imperial Palace, suddenly painfully aware how vulnerable you and your 4 men are against the over 50 Imperial Guards around you. The Four Men and Heihachi have been asked to wait outside while you step inside the throne room alone...well except for the emperor and his personal guards.

You notice that he has changed his clothes. Instead of wearing the Imperial Garments, he is wearing ancient japanese Samurai Armour...which look absolutely ridiculous given the day and age...The Imperial Guardsmen, in Power Armour fashioned after the one of the Samurais ,however, don't.

"Admiral, i believe you have heard the news from the Marx-Sector?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »

"Do you suppose that the core intended this from the outset?"
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]