Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Encased in ice  (Read 1519 times)

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Encased in ice
« on: December 06, 2007, 12:57:00 am »

This was my first experience with water turning into ice, and I was getting desperate to getting some water for my dwarves, so I tried to mine the ice.  Except when the miner tried to mine the ice, he became encased in ice.  Vanished.  So I try to get my second miner to break the ice again, hoping to get my first miner back alive somehow (even though he dissapeared from my dwarf list).  Sooo, that dwarf also gets encased in ice when he tries to break the ice.  

I don't know if this is a bug.  For all I know, dwarves may be fascinated with sticking their tongues on ice when thirsty in desperation.  Or maybe they were abducted by aliens, then encased in ice, and by the time I could check, they were gone.  Hmmmmm...

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
Re: Encased in ice
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 02:24:00 am »

The water is laced with a certain chemical that, on contact with freezing temperatures and sunlight, will instantly freeze the water, and anything in it, solid.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »

While evilly murdering some dwarves with magma, I found one of them got encased in obsidian. Does anyone know if you can dig them out?
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »

My closest experiance with that was sealing the top of a magma vent with water, creating an obsidian seal. A fire imp must have become stuck, because one of the new obsidian tiles ended up containing fire imp bones.