Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Work  (Read 1269 times)

Tlukle

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't you think my name is odd?
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Work
« on: June 29, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »

It is my belief that a great improvement to the game for adventure mode would be adding in game eating and labour here is a list of types of labour that might be useful.

Special Burial and Hauling of Dead Bodies (for Adventure Mode)

Have you ever had one of those times when you get killed by a vampire or other monster in a town and you come back to that town and your body is still in the street or when you have a ally your particularly fond of gets killed want can you do with their dead bodies nothing what I would want is that you or the village folk could barry (or dispose of them in some way) bodies.

Religious Duty

A possible improvement could be adding a greater variety of religions even cannibals and human sacrifice and religious duties.

Food Gathering

In game agriculture agriculture, fishing, and hunting would be a good improvement

Construction

Needs to continue during the game
Alone on a hill I sat and thought oh what ever today might become not.

Artarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Work
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 04:20:05 pm »

I know there are plans to make the adventurer able to do more things in the long run, including foraging for food and building lairs/houses to live in and store owned goods.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see things like construction mid-job in adventure mode, if that's what you mean. It would be interesting to see a particularly wealthy hamlet grow into a town due to trade or natural resources or the like. But, I personally wouldn't expect to see this kind of depth until they reinstate the fortress and global economies, but since the visitors and tavern patch, I can see that as an upcoming focus.

As for the dead bodies, I've never stumbled upon the corpse of a previous adventurer, but they will probably just add some cleanup code, like the removal of the corpse.

It would be really neat to visit the tomb of an adventurer, and if he was worthy enough, have his stories engraved in his mausoleum.