Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mistbusters - On the Shores of Time - Turn 3 (Page 3)  (Read 6159 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Mistbusters - On the Shores of Time - Turn 0 (Page 1)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 05:06:12 pm »

Locate the exit to the library. Didn't the last Librarian make little notches in the bookcases?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 05:54:57 pm »

Is it too late to get in on this game?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 06:14:35 pm »

((Yeah I was thinking I would have a bow(hunting) and a spear(spear fishing) but if I had to choose it would be bow.))

Afterwards collect my things. include that on my action as well then.

((You could carry both, it's just that carrying arrows, a bow, a spear, and a bag at the same time might be problematic. All the items would slow you down, although there's no strict "inventory limit" system in place. Simply put, [3]'s will be worse if you get one while attempting to move or dodge, for example.))

Is it too late to get in on this game?

((Pretty much. I could put you on a standby list in case someone disappears.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 06:18:07 pm »

Ah lame, I've been trying to get into one of your games. Ok, put me on the waitlist.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:23:48 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 08:05:34 pm »

Waiting on Shaporia and Pencil_Art. Will skip both if it takes too long (sorry).

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 11:31:50 pm »

(Whoops, sorry.)
"Eh? Whaz this?" He glanced around to see if anyone was watching him, and hurried after the Agewalker. "'Scuse me sir, do ya need somethin'?" He asked the man.

Edit: (Question, the reluctant guarding means I get a bonus for guarding things that aren't very valuable, or for things that are of value?)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:37:16 pm by Shaporia »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 12:27:52 am »

(Whoops, sorry.)
"Eh? Whaz this?" He glanced around to see if anyone was watching him, and hurried after the Agewalker. "'Scuse me sir, do ya need somethin'?" He asked the man.

Edit: (Question, the reluctant guarding means I get a bonus for guarding things that aren't very valuable, or for things that are of value?)

((Things that don't benefit you personally.

So guarding worthless things gives you a bonus. Also, guarding some expensive artifact that you will never get your hands on will also give a bonus.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 1
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 02:54:50 am »

Quote from: Pencil_Art

((Sorry, I'm trying to get this off the ground asap. Turn 0 can be found here))

You continue drinking tea, and enjoy the view of the sun as it nears the horizon and acquires shining tails. This is due to ice particles in the air, if your physical knowledge is correct.

Reg Fenion's Condition: Perfect, Sharpened Wit
Items:
A spot of tea (located on table)
Local Newspaper
Abilities:
[2] Brewer (+2/-1)
[1.5] Herbalist (+1/-1)

Eudes takes a look at the display of his craftsmanship. If the Agewalker needs assistance, then there will likely be materials to make weapons. As he always says, the best weapons are the ones forged in adventure.

Gather my supplies and charcoal and head out to meet the wizened elder.

[3] Aye, you don't have charcoal with you, although you do have some wood waiting to be baked. The problem is that getting the wood is the easy part. A bonfire outside will take 3 hours to bake a large amount of charcoal, while your mini-drum method will allow you to bake a small amount (enough for one item) in 7-8 hours. The sun is almost down, and it looks like all you have is a few hours before the next month starts.

You go outside.

The Agewalker has already passed to nag the next building over, the office of a warehouse owner. Somehow you get the feeling that a warehouse owner won't be too thrilled to leave.
A hunter shows up, apparently all ready to go with the old man. So this guy already has followers, it seems.

Eudes Reimont's Condition: Perfect
Items:
Shoulder-Bag
-Portable Anvil
-Smithing Hammer
-Charcoal Pot
Abilities:
Supernatural Smith

Locate the exit to the library. Didn't the last Librarian make little notches in the bookcases?

[2] He did... but as you follow the notches you realize that the bookcases have been moved yet. The notches seem to lead you in a circle.
[1] Blimey, it's almost as if some of the paths you saw before have disappeared...
[5] Ah ha! You bump into your Apprentice, who was apparently moving the bookcases to try and prevent this whole ordeal from happening. He was sure to be extra-quiet since it is a library after all.

Now free from the maze, you have access to the center lobby. Outside, the sun is dim as ever and a soft mist of snow falls from the drifts lingering on the roof.

The village square is just ahead. As a platform surrounded by docking utilities and trade offices, it seems an unlikely place for ordinary villagers to frequent. But in the middle there is a well which is the only hot water source. As such, there's always a line throughout the sleep-shifts.

You recognize the Agewalker's characteristic glowing spear even from this distance.

The Librarian's Condition: Perfect
Items:
On the History of Cartography
Abilities:
[1] Meta-Knowledge (Currently: doubles)

Hurry past the creature and find this "Agewalker" And ask him if I may join him.

Sneaking over to your little "hideout" on the border of the orchard (it's a hammock and a locked chest under a tree), you acquire your tools of the trade: a light spear used for fishing in the shallows, and a slim bow used for hunting moderate game. You count your arrows and place them in your sack, then take off.

You enter the city square, encountering the "Agewalker" in the process of him knocking on a warehouse owner's office door. You interrupt him and ask if you can join him.
"Good, I thought I would fail my mission this month. I am looking for a boat so that we may be off as soon as feasible."

Rob Blackfrost's Condition: Perfect
Items:
Hunting Bow (can inflict Pierce effects, needs ammo)
Light Spear (-1 to attack rolls, can inflict Pierce effects)
Hunting Bag
-Emergency Ointment {numbing}
-Brass Binoculars
-A small, hand-drawn map
-Hunting arrows x13
Abilities:
[1] Fisher (+1/-1)
[1] Hunter (+1/-1)

You are out in the public square, surrounded by dockyard and lifting cranes on the edges of a large platform. In the center of the platform there is a single well with a line of city-folk taking turns to get hot water. They will see your every move.
The "Agewalker" replies, after responding to some hunter that just popped out of an alleyway and asked to join the guy.
"I seek nothing I do not have. I must only protect what is mine, and I ask others to do the same. But I will need a boat to do that. So you could say I need something."

Sir John's Condition: Freezing
Items:
Tall Feathered Hat
Abilities:
[1] The Reluctant Guardsman (+1/-1)
Ceremonial Combatant

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mistbusters - On the Shores of Time - Turn 1 (Page 2)
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 02:59:13 am »

That spear.. Glowing spears are abnormal. Research!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 04:41:59 am »

Listening to the Agewalker's premonitions, Reg begins to grow interested, albeit only to know if the man has really traveled that far. Reg turns and finishes his tea, set's the cup on the table, and picks up his rucksack (I certainly hope it exists) and starts walking to find the Agewalker.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 12:23:43 pm »

Rob asks why we can't just walk around?

What ever the answer go inquire about boats and their cost.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 05:15:29 pm »

"A'ight, yer protectin' somethin'? 'Could help wif' that." He adjusted his ridiculous guard hat a bit, as subtly as possible.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 07:42:52 pm »

Eudes decides to make the charcoal later, and takes the un-burned wood.

Take the wood. Catch up to the Agewalker and ask to join him in his quest.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 2
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 02:47:36 am »

Info on the River:

The River is wider than most on Earth, in fact it is so wide that you cannot see the other side. It's basically a moving sea. You have all sorts of ships that ride it, ranging from canoes and smallcraft that sail the coasts, to full-sized carracks and cargo vessels that travel the stormy center (the rocky coasts tend to absorb the waves, the inner regions do not have such luxuries).

Listening to the Agewalker's premonitions, Reg begins to grow interested, albeit only to know if the man has really traveled that far. Reg turns and finishes his tea, set's the cup on the table, and picks up his rucksack (I certainly hope it exists) and starts walking to find the Agewalker.

You find the Agewalker brooding around the docks, having already built up a small following. You observe a smith, a local guard, and a scruffy-looking hunter. In addition, the visitor is attracting a lot of attention from nearby townsfolk, in part because he keeps asking for a boat. It seems the Librarian is also here, along with a notebook he is scribbling on.

He will definitely be willing to take you along should you choose to follow. However, his plan is to go into the Farlands. Who knows what kind of horrors await? Still, he's confident.

Reg Fenion's Condition: Perfect, Sharpened Wit
Items:
Rucksack
-Lantern
-Firestarter
-Brewing Pot
Abilities:
[2] Brewer (+2/-1)
[1.5] Herbalist (+1/-1)

Eudes decides to make the charcoal later, and takes the un-burned wood.

Take the wood. Catch up to the Agewalker and ask to join him in his quest.

You stuff the wood in the bag (not too much, or you'll weight yourself down) and take off.

It appears the Agewalker has begun to find a following already. A cluster of folk from all across the social spectrum--a guard, a citizen, and a hunter--have taken an interest in this man's tale. Of course, this makes the prospect of following him less attractive. Why embark on a prestigious journey when you have to share that prestige?

He is looking for a boat. You spy plenty of canoes in the piers, but something tells you those won't be enough for the Farlands.

Eudes Reimont's Condition: Perfect
Items:
Shoulder-Bag
-Portable Anvil
-Smithing Hammer
-Charcoal Pot
-Firewood x2
Abilities:
Supernatural Smith

That spear.. Glowing spears are abnormal. Research!

The spear is of ornate design, as if it came from one of the upper kingdoms. Such a piece of work surely couldn't be the craft of a wizened old man that doesn't tend a library.
The weapon glows brighter when it nears the water. As the Agewalker steps on land, its brightness diminishes, though it remains striking. When he steps over the edge of the water, it becomes so bright as to actually hurt your eyes, although it doesn't seem to be doing the same to the townspeople. You probably spend too much time indoors.

The Librarian's Condition: Perfect
Items:
On the History of Cartography
Abilities:
[1] Meta-Knowledge (Currently: doubles)

Rob asks why we can't just walk around?

What ever the answer go inquire about boats and their cost.

"Walk? Hah! Even I, a walker of history, have never heard such tales as a man walking the globe in less than a month. We must reach the other side before the sun goes down in the Farlands, for it is safest to pass when the Hunters have taken refuge in their nests."

Most of the boats in the dockyard are privately owned, and would require a hefty sum to convince their owners to part ways. A hefty sum which neither you nor the Agewalker is likely to possess (though he has shining weapons, they seem to be artifacts rather than purchased accessories, otherwise the man would wear more adequate garb).

Rob Blackfrost's Condition: Perfect
Items:
Hunting Bow (can inflict Pierce effects, needs ammo)
Light Spear (-1 to attack rolls, can inflict Pierce effects)
Hunting Bag
-Emergency Ointment {numbing}
-Brass Binoculars
-A small, hand-drawn map
-Hunting arrows x13
Abilities:
[1] Fisher (+1/-1)
[1] Hunter (+1/-1)

"A'ight, yer protectin' somethin'? 'Could help wif' that." He adjusted his ridiculous guard hat a bit, as subtly as possible.

"You too will shall see the truth. To protect the world, one must leave it. That said... do you happen to know someone willing to lend us a small boat? I swear on my honor that it shall be returned."

Sir John's Condition: Perfect
Items:
Tall Feathered Hat
Abilities:
[1] The Reluctant Guardsman (+1/-1)
Ceremonial Combatant
[/quote]

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mistbusters - On the Shores of Time - Turn 2 (Page 2)
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 02:59:38 am »

Ask him! "Question. Why does your spear get brighter over water and dimmer over land?" The librarian is jotting down notes in general about what he sees the spear do during the whole conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3